How much did your tires cost?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: How much did your tires cost?

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:03 pm

My BFG A/T's are 35"x12.5"x15" and I paid $900 for the old ones coming off and the new ones going on.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby dave79 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Bought a set of Mastercraft Courser AXT' 265/70R17 last year for 600 at my cost, the were normally around 750. I also like the Revo2 shop were I work sells a lot of em. If you look on tirerack.com you can get some good deals.
dave79
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Good Year Authority AT very aggressive tread about similar to BF MT seem like they wear well I got 10k+ on them. Walmart 780 Bucks 265/70/17

Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:36 pm

How much did your tires cost? They were for my F150 FX4x4 and I don't recall, but they were To Damn Much

BTW they were a hell of a lot cheaper than the ones that I just put on the wifes Corvette, It was a rude awaking that day
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:38 pm

go get the bird wrote:
aunt betty wrote:If you know how to drive a 4x4 you dont need tires that look cool and hum.
Its an attention getter...get the most aggressive tires you can afford....it's WAY COOL!

Knowing how to drive is only half the battle. You don't go to a gun fight with a switchblade.

Try buying 20" BF Goodrich all-terrain t/a's sometime before you chime in.
Now go. Run Forrest, run.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:27 pm

I run Hankook Dynapro ATMs with extra siping, they do really good in snow. i've actively tried to break free with them and it's a struggle.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Have you ever heard of cooper mud claws? They run about 800 bucks a set around here and everyone I know that has them loves them. They wear very well for such an aggressive tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
wetgoldenretriever
hunter

Postby FCI90 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:32 pm

18javelin wrote:Good Year Authority AT very aggressive tread about similar to BF MT seem like they wear well I got 10k+ on them. Walmart 780 Bucks 265/70/17

Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2

I ran these on my truck pulling a skid steer everyday... not too loud on the highway but plenty aggressive in rough conditions... I think they have the deepest tread of any a/t tire too.. Im about too put a set on my new truck except ive got to put 6 on instead of 4
Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk 2
FCI90
hunter

Postby THETANK01 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 pm

40x14.50r24 interco ss m16 $800 a pop $4500 shipped to the house.
THETANK01
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Montanafowler wrote:I run Hankook Dynapro ATMs with extra siping, they do really good in snow. i've actively tried to break free with them and it's a struggle.

I've heard its tough with a Prius. :-D:D:-D

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:46 pm

$47 bucks per tire.... good years too, brand new, 70,000 mile tires. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby bighop » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:25 pm

295/65/20 Trail Grapplers
around $1500, IIRC
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:48 am

I'm about to the point of needing new tires on my F150. Probably gonna end up with the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 275/65-18

I'm in the heart of the snow belt, and supposedly these are great in the snow. Lighter than comparable TOYO's by quite a bit.

Cheapest I've found shipped with tax is $270 a tire.
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

How much did your tires cost?

Postby talltimber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:08 am

go get the bird wrote:
talltimber wrote:
go get the bird wrote:
talltimber wrote:I request no road hazard, no free rotation, just mount and balance.
About time for another set, 30-35k or so on them. Didn't last too good.

You requested to not receive a FREE service? :huh: :huh:

It's a free service that ain't free. I'd go with the "free" rotation but the store is not in my normal line of travel. Road hazard is a joke. It's like insurance, its great until you need it. Just knock off that free service cost that's added into the tire charge and I'll take care of it myself.

I'd venture to say that nearly every single shop that has free rotations with tire purchases do not add any money onto to purchase price. I know we don't. As a matter of fact, as long as you have a Bridgestone/Firestone product, we rotate them for free, regardless of where you purchased them. It's a company policy (direct from Bridgestone). Free means it costs you exactly the same amount whether you utilize it or not. Free rotates are to keep you coming back to the store. When the tires are off, the techs inspect front end parts, brakes, etc., and with any luck, you will need some work.

I understand the concept. I also understand overhead and labor (shop costs). They're not eating it. Just because you can't get your shop to discount for those items, doesn't make them free. It makes them figured in, whether you want it or not. I'm lucky I guess to have a good shop, or they're allowing me a frequent flyer discount.
This is the only shop I trust to deal with my wife, due to your last sentence.
Others would be trying to change her muffler bearings.
talltimber
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:22 am

I am sure I will get jumped on for saying this but I bought my last one's at the Ford dealership that does most of the work on my truck. BF Goodrich P265/70R17 all terrain on my F150 cost me right at 600.00 plus tax and mounting with the rebate, might be worth looking into.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:00 am

Dep6 wrote:I am sure I will get jumped on for saying this but I bought my last one's at the Ford dealership that does most of the work on my truck. BF Goodrich P265/70R17 all terrain on my F150 cost me right at 600.00 plus tax and mounting with the rebate, might be worth looking into.

Was the rebate dealer specific or through bf goodrich?
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:01 am

T Man wrote:I went into my buddies shop ready to drop 1000-1200 on a set of BFG AT TA/KO's or Cooper SST's and got talked out of them. I ended up buying a set of Falken Wildpeak Tires. I went home and did some research, and found a lot of happy customers. I've never been super impressed with the BFG's and the Coopers were a bit to aggressive for the amount of time I realistically spend on on pavement I dont have more than a couple hundred miles on them but so far I am really impressed. They cleared mud pretty well yesterday while I was out scouting, and for as aggressive as the tread is, they ride quiet on the highway. Best part is they ended up being 150 or so a tire. As with any a/t you are going to sacrifice some when it comes to sloppy mud, but the tread groves are big enough that they did clear mud pretty well. I am anxious to see how they do in the snow this year. As of now, I would definitely recommend them again. The most important thing with any tire, especially an a/t is proper rotation and alignment.

Tman, you running 16 inch rims or 17 inch rims on your truck? Those tires might be the way to go on my soccer mom mini van. Since I like to run aggressive treads on it. :biggrin:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:15 am

aunt betty wrote:
go get the bird wrote:
aunt betty wrote:If you know how to drive a 4x4 you dont need tires that look cool and hum.
Its an attention getter...get the most aggressive tires you can afford....it's WAY COOL!

Knowing how to drive is only half the battle. You don't go to a gun fight with a switchblade.

Try buying 20" BF Goodrich all-terrain t/a's sometime before you chime in.
Now go. Run Forrest, run.

We sell quite a few of them. What's your point? My point is closed-shoulder highway tires have their place, as do ATs, as do MTs. It's pretty naive to think otherwise. There is a reason ag tires don't have straight tread. :fingerhead:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:35 am

talltimber wrote:I understand the concept. I also understand overhead and labor (shop costs). They're not eating it. Just because you can't get your shop to discount for those items, doesn't make them free. It makes them figured in, whether you want it or not.

This is the most idiotic thing I've read in quite awhile. Most shops do, in fact, eat that labor time when they do free rotates. There isn't any extra built into the price of the tire, the sale price is the same.

talltimber wrote:I'm lucky I guess to have a good shop, or they're allowing me a frequent flyer discount.

That very well may be true. We do the same with loyal customers.
talltimber wrote:This is the only shop I trust to deal with my wife, due to your last sentence.
Others would be trying to change her muffler bearings.

It's the nature of the business. Let me ask you this- If your wifes car/truck needed new tires, and you took it to the shop and they found that she needed upper and lower ball joints, and they DIDNT tell you, how mad would you be if you found out? What happens in 6 months when the shoulders are chewed off the tires you just spent $800 on? I can tell you one thing with absolute certainty- you're going to be pissed.

We have countless customers who trust us completely. Our mechanic has been working here for 30+ years. We have service advisors with 25+years under their belts. Contrary to popular belief, we're not in the business of screwing people. We are, however, in the business of making money where we can. I hate blathering idiots who think we shouldn't charge them more than what the parts cost us, or that we should install parts for free. :fingerhead:

Don't get me wrong. There are quite a few skeezy shops out there, but I'd be willing to bet that the honest ones extremely out number the crappy ones.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:38 am

GGTB where are you located ? Maybe I`ll come to your shop for my tires and wheels . I want a discount too :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:40 am

OGblackcloud wrote:GGTB where are you located ? Maybe I`ll come to your shop for my tires and wheels . I want a discount too :thumbsup:

South Dakota. Get to driving! :lol3:
go get the bird
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 am

Think i will say about tires is do some research on tread life!!! I looked around the internet for several months before pulling the trigger on mine... Does no good to buy $1200 worth of tire if most peoples reviews of them are about 30k miles :no: Find something that has a good long tread life and pay the extra for them! :thumbsup:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby talltimber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:10 am

This is the most idiotic thing I've read in quite awhile. Most shops do, in fact, eat that labor time when they do free rotates. There isn't any extra built into the price of the tire, the sale price is the same.

Then you must not be on dhc very often. Lol Their price for the tire is the same. Their markup covers the shop costs does it not? Or do the employees volunteer their time for this free service.

It's the nature of the business. Let me ask you this- If your wifes car/truck needed new tires, and you took it to the shop and they found that she needed upper and lower ball joints, and they DIDNT tell you, how mad would you be if you found out?

I'm gonna be pissed either way. Good parts replaced to have the work, or missing something that should have been caught. Pissed.
There's a higher chance of the former with us because my wife is not an idiot and she is good about detecting something on her rig that's out of the ordinary. Slim chance the ball joints are worn that bad and she hasn't bitched about it. Lol
talltimber
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:31 am

I buy the cheapest tires I can. Usually it's whatever Costco has on sale.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:40 am

talltimber wrote:Their price for the tire is the same. Their markup covers the shop costs does it not? Or do the employees volunteer their time for this free service.

Of course they don't volunteer their time, but that's why we charge labor. I'm almost certain you have no idea how expensive it is to run a shop, let alone how much the average sale gross profit is. It isn't much. The bigger the tires, the less you make (generally).

This always makes me laugh. People will spend countless dollars on chidt they don't need, but when they actually NEED something, they are pissed about the price. When was the last time you told a McDonalds manager that the amount of money they make on you is too much? Did you know that furniture is typically sold at a 200+% profit margin?

talltimber wrote:I'm gonna be pissed either way. Good parts replaced to have the work, or missing something that should have been caught. Pissed.
There's a higher chance of the former with us because my wife is not an idiot and she is good about detecting something on her rig that's out of the ordinary. Slim chance the ball joints are worn that bad and she hasn't bitched about it. Lol

Would your wife know when her break pads are on their last leg? Or when a CV shaft needs to be replaced? Or when her struts are bled out? Not knowing these doesn't make you an idiot. It just means you don't know, which is why we check for that kind of stuff.
go get the bird
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole