Needing Support.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: Needing Support.

Postby KyFowl20 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Slack Tide wrote:nail gun........

Touché
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky


Re: Needing Support.

Postby t_baker » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:57 pm

As the owner of a yorkie and going through the house breaking woes with one I think I can assist.

#1 smallest crate they sell. Put him in it, then make it smaller with a board. If he chits or pisses, he either has to lay in it or put his nose next to it.
#2 DONT TAKE HIM OUT "WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE" Take him out every thirty minutes, set a timer, and do it all evening long. It literally takes them a minute or less once they figure it out. Crate him at night.
#3 confine him with you where ever you are in the house, never take your eye off him.


If you are not willing to do all three of these things, get rid of him now. Yorkies are super hard to house break. It takes patients and dedication. But it can be done.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7895
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Needing Support.

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Alright get a crate and see what its gonna cost to ship the little fella to Minnesota I`ll pay the shipping. He`s to much dog for you two so its best to send him to some one that can handle him .
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Needing Support.

Postby rank duck » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:05 pm

KyFowl20 wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:nail gun........

Touché


I see what you did there. :lol3:
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
User avatar
rank duck
hunter
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: Needing Support.

Postby KyFowl20 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:06 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Alright get a crate and see what its gonna cost to ship the little fella to Minnesota I`ll pay the shipping. He`s to much dog for you two so its best to send him to some one that can handle him .

Ill be in Wisconsin next weekend :grooving:
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Re: Needing Support.

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:00 am

rank duck wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:nail gun........

Touché


I see what you did there. :lol3:


Did I miss my own joke there??? :huh:
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: On the northeast corner of the southwest side

Re: Needing Support.

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:10 am

Change his name. That might be a good start :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
User avatar
wanapasaki
hunter
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Tehachapi, CA

Re: Needing Support.

Postby possumfoot » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:17 am

crate him or, go the old fassioned way.. stick his nose in it, smack him, then put him out for a lil bit...
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5570
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Needing Support.

Postby Bunker » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:37 am

Professor_Leakey wrote:how large is the crate? how much do you feed him and how often? if you dont have any time to work with him then why did you get him? your dog takes 4 schits in the time you are at work!?!!?!? how long are you leaving him?


LMFAO!!!!


Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
User avatar
Bunker
hunter
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
Location: The Bunk

Re: Needing Support.

Postby T Man » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Why is this in here?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5765
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: Needing Support.

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:16 pm

T Man wrote:Why is this in here?

I didn't move it...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56979
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Needing Support.

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Someone moved this by mistake, so I moved it back.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5878
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Needing Support.

Postby killzone70 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Crate is too big. He should not be able to walk around in it. We used a little one for our dog and he would not use the bathroom in it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
killzone70
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Needing Support.

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:56 pm

killzone70 wrote:Crate is too big. He should not be able to walk around in it. We used a little one for our dog and he would not use the bathroom in it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


X2! If all I have is a large kennel, I will add some sort of partition to it to only allow the dog enough room to lay down. Another rule of thumb for young dogs is that you allow them to be left alone 1 hour for every 1 month of age, AT MOST. A 6 month dog should never be left alone for over 6 hours at a time if you don't want to have a mess in the kennel. Also, until you get her house broke, they stay in the kennel the whole time except for feeding and bathroom breaks. It's okay to let them out so you can play with them for a short time, but they should be watched like a hawk when out. The minute they have an "accident" you yank them up and take them outside and return them directly to the kennel.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5878
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Needing Support.

Postby T Man » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:04 am

La. Hunter wrote:
killzone70 wrote:Crate is too big. He should not be able to walk around in it. We used a little one for our dog and he would not use the bathroom in it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


X2! If all I have is a large kennel, I will add some sort of partition to it to only allow the dog enough room to lay down. Another rule of thumb for young dogs is that you allow them to be left alone 1 hour for every 1 month of age, AT MOST. A 6 month dog should never be left alone for over 6 hours at a time if you don't want to have a mess in the kennel. Also, until you get her house broke, they stay in the kennel the whole time except for feeding and bathroom breaks. It's okay to let them out so you can play with them for a short time, but they should be watched like a hawk when out. The minute they have an "accident" you yank them up and take them outside and return them directly to the kennel.


x2

This is how my mom potty trained me. She taught me to swim by putting me in a burlap sack with a brick when i was 3. I come from a broken home.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5765
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: Needing Support.

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:44 am

He's playing you. He's controlling your life. You better get control of this and soon or the consequences could be dire! Quit wasting time posting on DHC and get to work!
User avatar
Anoldhuntersc
hunter
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: Needing Support.

Postby KyFowl20 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:45 am

Anoldhuntersc wrote:He's playing you. He's controlling your life. You better get control of this and soon or the consequences could be dire! Quit wasting time posting on DHC and get to work!

Uhhh.... DHC is always the answer. :rolleyes:
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Re: Needing Support.

Postby KyFowl20 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:46 am

The wife has agreed to my terms. 1 week in the cat box an well see what comes of it. Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Re: Needing Support.

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:57 am

KyFowl20 wrote:The wife has agreed to my terms. 1 week in the cat box an well see what comes of it. Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:

I take it I`m not getting Guss ?
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Needing Support.

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:03 am

KyFowl20 wrote:The wife has agreed to my terms. 1 week in the cat box an well see what comes of it. Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:


good luck...and for the next week or so you can refer to this thread for any of the collateral effects:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=333410
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

Re: Needing Support.

Postby KyFowl20 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 am

Professor_Leakey wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:The wife has agreed to my terms. 1 week in the cat box an well see what comes of it. Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:


good luck...and for the next week or so you can refer to this thread for any of the collateral effects:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=333410

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I lmao'd for real.
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Re: Needing Support.

Postby KyFowl20 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:07 am

OGblackcloud wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:The wife has agreed to my terms. 1 week in the cat box an well see what comes of it. Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:

I take it I`m not getting Guss ?

Wife said no. :rolleyes:
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Re: Needing Support.

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:10 am

KyFowl20 wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:The wife has agreed to my terms. 1 week in the cat box an well see what comes of it. Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:

I take it I`m not getting Guss ?

Wife said no. :rolleyes:

:sad:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Needing Support.

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:32 pm

so did you find four doo doo's (minding my language) in the cat crate today? i bet you didnt.

update, update. let's hear it.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: MASS

Re: Needing Support.

Postby KyFowl20 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm

I put the little turd in the cat box before work today. Came home on lunch to find that my wife had barricaded him in the kitchen with our child gate we use for the stairs. 1 pile of doo doo and 1 paper towl shredded into a million pieces got left for her to clean up. Put him in cat box and went back to work.
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AkHuntress, blackrock, GomerPyle, Google Adsense [Bot], lbhansford and 31 guests