GUNS AND AMMO SUPPORTS GUN CONTROL

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

GUNS AND AMMO SUPPORTS GUN CONTROL

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:53 am

http://news.yahoo.com/guns-ammo-editori ... 42117.html

Guns & Ammo, "the world's most widely read firearms magazine," is under fire from angry readers over a shocking editorial published in the December issue supporting gun control.

"Way too many gun owners still seem to believe that any regulation of the right to keep and bear arms is an infringement," contributing editor **** Metcalf wrote in a column titled "Let's Talk Limits." "The fact is, all constitutional rights are regulated, always have been, and need to be."

Because of the Second Amendment, Metcalf argues, "all U.S. citizens have a right to keep and bear arms, but I do not believe that they have a right to use them irresponsibly."
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Re: GUNS AND AMMO SUPPORTS GUN CONTROL

Postby okbucksnducks » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:30 am

I read the magazine article the other day. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting from them.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:33 am

Lets see if he looses his job
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 am

Lots of readers will be dropping their subscriptions and no longer buying that magazine. :fingerhead:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby superx2shootr » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:55 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Lots of readers will be dropping their subscriptions and no longer buying that magazine. :fingerhead:

That's probably part of the current problem....... Print media is dying. In their warped mentality; at least this gets people talking about his magazine again - and he'll just place an apology in the next issue (which people will buy/check out just to see if he did retract his statement)
superx2shootr
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:57 am

OGblackcloud wrote:Lets see if he looses his job

Someone had to approve the article He didnt just type it up and up it in the magizine.. :no:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 am

Total PC statement to keep government activists from targeting them. :no: People fear this administration and with good reason. Private citizens and organizations are being targeted for harassment with the IRS, EPA and other regulatory agencies. :mad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 am

I don't see the big deal. I also believe they should be regulated. These days people are too f'n crazy to just go out and buy a gun. I am by no means liberal, but it is just foolish to think everyone should have open rights to any weapon of choice. This world is going crazy, limitations are needed. IMO.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 am

I actually applaud the man. His statement shouldn't piss people off, it should open eyes.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 am

He already has along with the editor. They have already replaced him and placed an apology for what was written.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:27 am

whistlin_wings wrote:

He already has along with the editor. They have already replaced him and placed an apology for what was written.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/11/06/r ... ge-column/
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:33 am

KyFowl20 wrote:I don't see the big deal. I also believe they should be regulated. These days people are too f'n crazy to just go out and buy a gun. I am by no means liberal, but it is just foolish to think everyone should have open rights to any weapon of choice. This world is going crazy, limitations are needed. IMO.

How old are you? Are you deluded or just misinformed? There are over 68,000 gun laws in this country. They are dramatically over regulated. The problems is not guns. It is a failed criminal justice system and failure to enforce existing laws. Time to do some research and get a clue son.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:I don't see the big deal. I also believe they should be regulated. These days people are too f'n crazy to just go out and buy a gun. I am by no means liberal, but it is just foolish to think everyone should have open rights to any weapon of choice. This world is going crazy, limitations are needed. IMO.

How old are you? Are you deluded or just misinformed? There are over 68,000 gun laws in this country. They are dramatically over regulated. The problems is not guns. It is a failed criminal justice system and failure to enforce existing laws. Time to do some research and get a clue son.

Let me ask you a question "dad". :rolleyes: tell me how you would like to see our gun laws written? Please inform me so I can tear you apart.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:58 am

I vote we ban KyFowl ! He`s a traitor, at the least we should all foe him
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:58 am

If his statements make you feel like you are being stripped of your rights in any way, you are closed minded. Read between the lines ( always thought that was a rule around here). You give people an inch these days they take 500 miles. If you can't understand that, then you are in denial. Back in the good ol days, people could go out and buy a gun and it would be used for providing for their family's. We're not in Mayberry anymore, get a clue. We will always have the right to bear arms, that is not going anywhere. In no place in the constitution does it state that there will be no regulations to this right. You can't add words to the constitution. Idc if everyone on here disagrees. Things evolve with time, and you have to make changes accordingly.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:01 am

They say get in where you fit in ! You don't fit here any more :no: Vegi forum and the Gun rights stealing forum should all welcome you. Good bye
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 am

I'm here. Get used to it
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:06 am

Ill ask you the same question. How would you like to see our gun laws written? Keep in mind, I own a BUNCH of guns, and use them regularly. I would kill for them if it came down to it, but I can still purchase and use them how I see fit so I ain't scared.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:08 am

So what if I have to wait to make the purchase? Honestly it makes me feel better that there is interest in keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals. How can anyone disagree with that?
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:10 am

68,000 laws on the books. It doesn''t matter how I want them written, I need them to enforce the ones they already did.

Ask slacktide how long he waited to just be able to buy a pistol. Not even a carry permit

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:15 am

If you want to know my honest opinion, I am a firm believer that Capitol punishment should be reinstated. That's my solution to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. No I don't like gun laws, but I believe that they are needed to a certain extent.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:26 am

Ky. GTFO. Really. Go. We have no use for you. If there was a serious symbol I would use it. I want to bitch smack you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
t_baker
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 am

t_baker wrote:Ky. GTFO. Really. Go. We have no use for you. If there was a serious symbol I would use it. I want to bitch smack you.

Your ridiculous If you truly feel there needs to be no gun laws.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:36 am

KyFowl20 wrote:
t_baker wrote:Ky. GTFO. Really. Go. We have no use for you. If there was a serious symbol I would use it. I want to bitch smack you.

Go. Delete your account. Just leave. We are done here.

t_baker
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:40 am

t_baker wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:

Go. Delete your account. Just leave. We are done here.

I think ill hang around.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole