My truck was totaled today..

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

My truck was totaled today..

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:23 am

And it was my work truck. Lady ran a red at the intersection and t-boned me destroying the truck... remember how some of you told me 'tough crap and karma' about losing my job? You betcha... For my company at least :lol3: @ Jehler, OGblackcloud and woodywiffing :thumbsup:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Re: My truck was totaled today..

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:41 am

No injuries intake it?

Sent from my iPhone3 using Tapatalk 28
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:59 am

It`s Javelin`s fault ! Hope that everyone involved is OK
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:52 am

Glad you're ok.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby t_baker » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:02 am

Its your liberal beliefs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
t_baker
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:53 am

Im sorry!
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby bighop » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:24 am

First, glad no one was hurt.

Second, how do you still have a work truck?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:44 pm

bighop wrote:First, glad no one was hurt.

Second, how do you still have a work truck?

I don't get my lay off till friday, which may come sooner now.. They are figuring what they can do as far as severance pay. As for now, still stuck in San Diego, far far away from my hunting grounds :mad:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Why did you park the truck at an intersection?

sent from my fancy phone that has a really cool kickstand via tapaskwawk
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:49 pm

glad you werent hurt and that it wasnt your vehicle. are you sure your neck isnt bothering you? workmen's comp :hammer:

:sarcmark:
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Actually the company provided me with workmens comp paper work as soon as they showed up :lol3: . As soon as I saw she had a baby in the car I panicked and jumped out into the oncoming @****** that wouldn't stop to be see if anyone was alright.. Typical big city california mentality... Fortunately the baby is ok and same with the mother. Her husband showed up, and was somewhat of an butt unlike his wife but its understandable. He was probably pretty nerved out.
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby jehler » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:17 am

3's, you got one more coming, keep your head down
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby macdaddy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:32 am

wanapasaki wrote:Her husband showed up, and was somewhat of an butt unlike his wife but its understandable. He was probably pretty nerved out.

Understandable? Understandable my ***. I'd have asked him the following: is wifey ok? Is the baby ok? Do you want to be the one who goes to the hospital? And I would have proceeded to send him. Frickin wimp would've changed his tune mighty fast. :hammer:

Wanapasaki you are a patient & decent man. I'll pray you find work soon.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:03 pm

she was on her way to see Underradar to get a divorce from her husband.......

maybe youll develop post work/work truck stress syndrome and be disabled for the rest of hunting season!

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:53 pm

macdaddy wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:Her husband showed up, and was somewhat of an butt unlike his wife but its understandable. He was probably pretty nerved out.

Understandable? Understandable my ***. I'd have asked him the following: is wifey ok? Is the baby ok? Do you want to be the one who goes to the hospital? And I would have proceeded to send him. Frickin wimp would've changed his tune mighty fast. :hammer:

Wanapasaki you are a patient & decent man. I'll pray you find work soon.

Thanks for the kind words macdaddy, I appreciate your prayers!
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 am

That's why I hate those Image that run red lights. I had a suburban do that and crush my ranger. But as long as nobody was hurt, everything else can be replaced. I hope you had witnesses. That Image lied to the cop and none of the probably 50 people that saw it stopped, so no way to prove who ran the red light, so I had to eat my deductible :mad:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:48 am

Pics or it didn't happen
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 am

Sir Big Spur wrote:Pics or it didn't happen

truck.jpg

Actually, that is the first truck I was in that got totaled. No pictures of the second, so I guess it didn't happen :sad:

I've always hated red light runners. In addition to totaling a truck and clearly putting me and my wife's life in serious danger, they screwed up my commute probably 20 or more times per year when they destroy someone else's vehicle and I have to wait as the pick up the pieces.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:19 am

Glad everyone is ok man. Biotch can't drive. I too hate red light runners. :mad:
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:21 am

KyFowl20 wrote:Glad everyone is ok man. Biotch can't drive. I too hate red light runners. :mad:

She got out of the car, and said " Did you have the green or did I?" :no:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:06 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
KyFowl20 wrote:Glad everyone is ok man. Biotch can't drive. I too hate red light runners. :mad:

In a way that sort of redeems her for me. Seems like that shows her problem is inattentiveness rather than putting others in danger with a "Gonna beat it" attitude. I think we've all been insufficiently attentive at one time or another. Glad everyone's OK, buddy! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

In a way that sort of redeems her for me. Seems like that shows her problem is inattentiveness rather than putting others in danger with a "Gonna beat it" attitude. I think we've all been insufficiently attentive at one time or another. Glad everyone's OK, buddy! :thumbsup:

Thanks Glimmer, I was just glad everyone was ok. I have a feeling she was texting on her phone..
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

I agree. She didn't lie and while someone could have gotten killed, it sounds like an honest mistake.

Now will she learn or is she a hopeless airhead?
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:10 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

I agree. She didn't lie and while someone could have gotten killed, it sounds like an honest mistake.

Now will she learn or is she a hopeless airhead?

Spinnerman, she is from San Diego :rolleyes:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby AR Dave » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:52 pm

I'll sale you my 3/4 ton 2001 GMC Crew Cab, with 80,000 miles on it. Love the truck but need it in 1/2 ton for better gas mileage.
AR Dave
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole