Well it was interesting today

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Well it was interesting today

Postby Duck Nasty » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Got out at about 5 to the launch site quiet as can be paddled my ass to my island and got deks set by 530 had 2 woodies come in about 20 min early. About then a marathon of boats were constant until I left at 8 after some jack wagon fishing who clearly didn't see me thought my decoys were real. I heard hey look at those ducks, watch this casted a 3/8 oz buck tail jig into the side of my spread from behind the grass his boat was behind. Snagged one of my deks I stood up fighting mad but he was quick to apologize which calmed me for a little while but now I'm still pissed about it. I guess the 35 deg temps wasn't enough to keep the fishin guys in. Saw 7 total none in range. Time to move to spot b. hope y'all had better luck
Duck Nasty
hunter

Re: Well it was interesting today

Postby waterfowlman » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:59 pm

That was probably Grizz out there flounder fishing. :lol3: :lol3:
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby greenster » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 am

Had some fishermen once about 35yds from my spread, on the Ar river... music playing casting near the decoys. I didnt care because the birds where almost non existent. We was watching him and a retarded wood duck landed of the opposite side of our spread. we scared the crap out if the guy fishing...He then left quickly.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 am

waterfowlman wrote:That was probably Grizz out there flounder fishing. :lol3: :lol3:

Haha no chit! Dude you live in some of the best trout waters around, and the bite is just starting to fire off AND the temp makes it better! Surprised you didn't see more!
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Smith » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:20 am

Fishermen aren't so bad; they come by for a little while then they leave without doing much harm. Last weekend I had a twenty-something-foot cabin cruiser run, on plane, through the middle of my rig. Cut three of my six mainlines, lost a mainline anchor and bronze clip, shredded one decoy and broke another. The mainlines fouled his prop and brought him to a stop. He gunned the engine in forward and reverse until the lines freed up, then took off on his way. It ended my day.
Smith
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:39 am

My dog don't like fishermen and would make sure they knew we were there. One big ole WOOF does it.

sent from my fancy phone that has a really cool kickstand via tapaskwawk
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:43 am

aunt betty wrote:My dog don't like fishermen and would make sure they knew we were there. One big ole WOOF does it.

I've got a rod/reel that can handle 70lb+ fish...
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby greenster » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:11 pm

grizz18 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:My dog don't like fishermen and would make sure they knew we were there. One big ole WOOF does it.

:lol:
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:19 pm

grizz18 wrote:

I kinda doubt your boat could go into the skinny water I like to hunt. Funny.
;)

INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:48 pm

aunt betty wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

I kinda doubt your boat could go into the skinny water I like to hunt. Funny.
;)

Don't doubt how skinny I can get and don' call my boat fat.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Had some people snapping pic's of my spread, and it was hard to keep quiet... I let out a "quack" They looked. Rolled up the window and drove off :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Fisherman really get under my skin during duck season!!! We got 60 days. Heck they got 12 months. Stay out my decoys!! Or I will run you out!!
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby blindbound86 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Cast and Blast fellas, its still 85+ degrees here in AZ in the daytime. once the morning flight ends I turn into one of those fisherman. Chasing largemouth.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby BBK » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Had a guy pull in and fish 50 yards from our goose decoys earlier this year. He was looking right at us the whole way driving in, as the two of us stared back at him. He had the entire pool of the miss river to fish and he just HAD to fish 50 yards from my decoys. I wrote down his boat # and snapped a pic of him with my phone... figured if a goose came by when he was out there I'd call the GW and report him for interfering with a hunt. Didnt see a goose until he was gone so it all ended well.

Some people think that just because they dropped $50,000 on a sparkly boat that they can go fish wherever they want.
BBK
hunter

Postby gomer snerd » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 am

He was just getting close enough to take a pi ture in case the fish quit biting so he could report you for interfering with his fishing trip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
gomer snerd
hunter

Postby txpanhandler » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 am

Same thing for me yesterday. If you look across the 70 yard channel, you'll see 3 individuals casting directly in the firing line

txpanhandler
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole