If your boss gave you a lay off and says he needs you...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

If your boss gave you a lay off and says he needs you...

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 pm

For another 3 weeks past your original lay off date? LOL there should be some funny responses on here...
Last edited by wanapasaki on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Re: If your boss gave you a lay off and says he needs you...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Needs you to pay for the truck you crashed
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: I'm borderline retarded .
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:39 pm

You should probably delay your plans to crap on his desk by about 3 weeks.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:39 pm

For me, It would depend on whether or not the company accepted a two week notice when someone is moving on. If not, SEE YA!!!!
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:40 pm

go get the bird wrote:You should probably delay your plans to crap on his desk by about 3 weeks.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:41 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Needs you to pay for the truck you crashed

I wasn't at fault :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Shouldn't even be a question- you go work for 3 weeks. But I'd make damn sure I cash that check at his bank the second I get it.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Better guarantee a glowing recommendation too.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 pm

I should ask for more severance too lol
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Tell him you need a raise and 2 weeks vacation. work one week and go on vacation. Find a job and leave :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Cujo1 wrote:Tell him you need a raise and 2 weeks vacation. work one week and go on vacation. Find a job and leave :thumbsup:

I'm maxed out on vacation cujo, 120 hours of vaca on file right now. Already over due for my 1 week home, according to policy...
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Cup his balls next time and maybe he will tell you he needs you for 6 weeks longer.
t_baker
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:15 pm

t_baker wrote:Cup his balls next time and maybe he will tell you he needs you for 6 weeks longer.

I dunno about that. My hands are pretty callused :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 pm

assateague wrote:Shouldn't even be a question- you go work for 3 weeks. But I'd make damn sure I cash that check at his bank the second I get it.

I agree. I'd be happy to know I had another three weeks of employment I wasn't expecting. This is of course assuming I hadn't already lined something else up.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:20 pm

youre never gonna win with those thin little bird lips you got there. open your throat, relax the jaw...

yeah, work the extra 3 weeks and see if they cant sweeten up the severance package a little.
Attachments
relax the jaw.jpg
relax the jaw.jpg (6.78 KiB) Viewed 750 times
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:youre never gonna win with those thin little bird lips you got there. open your throat, relax the jaw...

yeah, work the extra 3 weeks and see if they cant sweeten up the severance package a little.

:lol: So much of my authority is derived from the power right here
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:18 pm

You've got 3 weeks to fall down a flight of stairs and hurt your back. Might as well get paid to hunt this season.
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 pm

waterfowlman wrote:You've got 3 weeks to fall down a flight of stairs and hurt your back. Might as well get paid to hunt this season.

:lol: I like your thinking wfm
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:39 pm

waterfowlman wrote:You've got 3 weeks to fall down a flight of stairs and hurt your back. Might as well get paid to hunt this season.

They'd just give him workers comp until he's healthy, then can him. If he's on workers comp, he can't hunt. They would likely have him followed while he's playing hurt.

Ryan- you have to hurt yourself in a way that would be negligent on their part so that they settle the lawsuit before it's even started.

Slip in a water puddle in front of the cooler and break your femur. You'll never have to work again. :thumbsup:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:47 pm

go get the bird wrote:

They'd just give him workers comp until he's healthy, then can him. If he's on workers comp, he can't hunt. They would likely have him followed while he's playing hurt.

Ryan- you have to hurt yourself in a way that would be negligent on their part so that they settle the lawsuit before it's even started.

Slip in a water puddle in front of the cooler and break your femur. You'll never have to work again. :thumbsup:

something like this?

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:28 pm

If you are seriously pondering the question, yes you should stay on the payroll.

Think about it. If you are needed, you are valuable.
They can't wait to can a dirtbag.

Make a copy of your first RIF letter. And make SURE that you get a second RIF letter for the extended period.
That second RIF letter is your one-upper over the guy competing with you at your next job-you-really-want, interview.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:40 pm

copterdoc wrote:If you are seriously pondering the question, yes you should stay on the payroll.

Make a copy of your first RIF letter. And make SURE that you get a second RIF letter for the extended period.
That second RIF letter is your one-upper over the guy competing with you at your next job-you-really-want, interview.

Thanks for the advice copter. Still looking right now. I have had several offers, but I think I'm leaning towards the oil business this time around. One offer from KSI and I meet with them on the 21st.
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:50 pm

wanapasaki wrote:...I have had several offers, but I think I'm leaning towards the oil business this time around. One offer from KSI and I meet with them on the 21st.
I wouldn't turn down or delay starting a new job by any means.

But, if you are just looking at collecting unemployment, vs staying on the payroll for another three weeks, staying on the payroll is the wisest move.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:54 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
copterdoc wrote:If you are seriously pondering the question, yes you should stay on the payroll.

Thanks for the advice copter. Still looking right now. I have had several offers, but I think I'm leaning towards the oil business this time around. One offer from KSI and I meet with them on the 21st.

Be careful with the oil business, it's not what it used to be. We used to have a saying "When times are good, they're damn good, and when they're bad, they're damn bad". However, most people I know in the industry right now don't know from day to day whether they will have a job tomorrow. What kind of position are you looking at in the oil business. If you don't want to say in the open, you can PM me if you want.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:01 am

La. Hunter wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

Be careful with the oil business, it's not what it used to be. We used to have a saying "When times are good, they're damn good, and when they're bad, they're damn bad". However, most people I know in the industry right now don't know from day to day whether they will have a job tomorrow. What kind of position are you looking at in the oil business. If you don't want to say in the open, you can PM me if you want.

There are actually a few electrician positions available that I was shooting for. A couple of shifts supervisors too. I don't know JACK about the industry really.. My friends that all work down there suggested I give it a try. That's always bad to hear about the rocky employment. I'm kinda stuck between renewables and oil where I live. I have a degree in Forestry/Agriculture Sciences that I earned when I thought I was going to work a job I would love. With my prior employment with US Fish and Game in Colorado, proved the pay wouldn't keep my head above water for too long. I'm just glad I paid into a hefty 401k and saved a bit before the lay off hit me.
wanapasaki
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole