Southern Indiana Waterfowl?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Southern Indiana Waterfowl?

Postby BlakePhelps » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm currently a student at IU and am about 2 and a half hours away from home. I love IU except during duck season, I don't have the time or the money to travel home to hunt. I was wanting to know if there is anybody out there that knows of some good public spots near Bloomington to hunt? I've researched a few places but not sure if they are any good. Please help me out!
BlakePhelps
hunter

Re: Southern Indiana Waterfowl?

Postby sampsonhuntin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:14 pm

BlakePhelps wrote:I'm currently a student at IU and am about 2 and a half hours away from home. I love IU except during duck season, I don't have the time or the money to travel home to hunt. I was wanting to know if there is anybody out there that knows of some good public spots near Bloomington to hunt? I've researched a few places but not sure if they are any good. Please help me out!

What is a hoosier?
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Go to the Indiana forum that's about all the help your gonna get here in the HH
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby BlakePhelps » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:22 pm

I found the Indiana Forum. And a hoosier is one who lives in Indiana. I'd much rather be a Hoosier than a Boilermaker.
BlakePhelps
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Do many boilermakers cyberscout and complain about being broke too? Or, do they get jobs?
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:Do many boilermakers cyberscout and complain about being broke too? Or, do they get jobs?

Now we are getting somewhere.

Got concerned for a minute.
t_baker
hunter

Postby BlakePhelps » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 pm

I've heard that it is very hard for a Purdue graduate to get a job, their degree isn't very respectable just like their school. Boilermakers tend to live their life complaining about their horrible sports teams while telling IU fans how IU sports suck. Doesn't make sense? As far as cyperscouting? I'm not sure.
BlakePhelps
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:31 pm

O-H
t_baker
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:33 pm

BlakePhelps wrote:I've heard that it is very hard for a Purdue graduate to get a job, their degree isn't very respectable just like their school. Boilermakers tend to live their life complaining about their horrible sports teams while telling IU fans how IU sports suck. Doesn't make sense? As far as cyperscouting? I'm not sure.

Sounds like getting employed as a Purdue graduate is almost as hard as it is for you to find ducks.

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby BlakePhelps » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Couldn't agree more. That's why I turned to "Cyberscouting." I'd rather refer to it as using my resources. I don't have a car on campus so I can't drive anywhere and I haven't found anyone who hunts as much as I do on campus. Cons of going to a public school for business, too many kids from the city. and T_Baker, tell me how Aaron Craft does this year with the Refs calling fouls more often than last year. He'll be in foul trouble almost every game.
BlakePhelps
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:41 pm

BlakePhelps wrote:Couldn't agree more. That's why I turned to "Cyberscouting." I'd rather refer to it as using my resources. I don't have a car on campus so I can't drive anywhere and I haven't found anyone who hunts as much as I do on campus. Cons of going to a public school for business, too many kids from the city. and T_Baker, tell me how Aaron Craft does this year with the Refs calling fouls more often than last year. He'll be in foul trouble almost every game.

Since you don't have a car, or job...I am sure you will have more time on your hands to inform me rather.
t_baker
hunter

Postby BlakePhelps » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Full time student? I don't have much free time but BIG 10 basketball is the best basketball in the world so I'm sure I'll be in the know.
BlakePhelps
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:43 pm

BlakePhelps wrote:Full time student? I don't have much free time but BIG 10 basketball is the best basketball in the world so I'm sure I'll be in the know.

I was a full time student once. Worked a 50 hr job Monday-Friday. 7-5. Went to school till close to 11 every night. Did that for 2 years.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:49 am

t_baker wrote:O-H

N-O
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:32 am

I-O

Botiz630 wrote:

N-O

I hope you spill your coffee in your lap this morning
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Greenheadindy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:45 am

As an IU alum, I can tell you there are no ducks in Bloomington, only trees. Now stop embarrassing us with your cyber scouting.
Nice marmot
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:47 am

How does this guy plan to get to said hunting location, if he has no car?
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Greenheadindy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:How does this guy plan to get to said hunting location, if he has no car?

Read his post in the Indiana thread. He says he has no "physical" way to get to any spots. Guess we have to carry him to the blind?
Nice marmot
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:How does this guy plan to get to said hunting location, if he has no car?

Hes gonna bum a ride with whomever gives him the info about where to hunt
Last edited by OGblackcloud on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 am

Local parks are full of ducks in Bloomington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby Greenheadindy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 am

18javelin wrote:Local parks are full of ducks in Bloomington

Are you gonna give him a ride to the park then? I might be able to pick him up.
Nice marmot
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby BlakePhelps » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Sounds like I'd have better luck feeding local pond ducks and studying instead of trying to get some help from fellow hunters.
BlakePhelps
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

BlakePhelps wrote:Sounds like I'd have better luck feeding local pond ducks and studying instead of trying to get some help from fellow hunters.

^^^ BEST IDEA EVER^^^^^^^^^
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:43 pm

BlakePhelps wrote:Sounds like I'd have better luck feeding local pond ducks and studying instead of trying to get some help from fellow hunters.

Now u understand..... However learn enough to move to Arkansas if u like to duck hunt

Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby rank duck » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:29 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:

Hes gonna bum a ride with whomever gives him the info about where to hunt

In that case, they really don't have to give him any information. Just pick him up, drive him to the spot, probably fix him some breakfast in the blind, take him home stopping for lunch on the way, then drop him off. But there's really no need to give him any information.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole