Navy Vet needs duck help in Central TX!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Navy Vet needs duck help in Central TX!!

Postby BSmithUSN » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Hello out there! I am new to the forum. My name is Barrett and I just moved back to TX. I've been in the Navy stationed out of Florida for the past 5 years. Upon getting out this past May, the thing I looked forward to most was getting back in the duck blind. When I got back to Austin, I went to scout my two duck holes. One was out near the airport and the local sheriff saw me scouting. He said since I've been gone the LCRA no longer allows folks to hunt out there due to an agreement with the City of Austin (can't even begin to figure how that went down). I wasn't immediately alarmed because I had my second spot to check out. So I headed for Lake Belton, my go to spot for years and years. When I got out there I found an empty lake bed with 4 wheeler tracks everywhere. Now we're almost two weeks into the season and I have no clue where to go.

I know and totally understand that nobody wants to give up their honey hole. Could someone please tell me a place I could go scout? I'm looking for anywhere within 3 hours of Austin or so. I'm a mid week hunter so you're not gonna find me in Position A on Saturday morning at 0400! I have no clue where to start. I don't know which lakes allow public hunting. I had my two duck holes for so long I didn't need to look anywhere else, and when I got home the game changed on me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"Destitutus ventis, remhos adhibe."

Barrett
BSmithUSN
Newb

Re: Navy Vet needs duck help in Central TX!!

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Well first off Thanks for your service . You can also post in the Texas forum you may get some help there . Good luck
OGblackcloud
hunter

Re: Navy Vet needs duck help in Central TX!!

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:03 pm

There are several Texans in the honey hole that might point you in the right direction, but like OG said, copy this post into the Texas Forums down below and you will getter a larger Texan audience.

Thanks for your service!
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Return to The Honey Hole