$80,000 Duck Commander Call

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: $80,000 Duck Commander Call

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:23 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:Lets all bid to drive the price up.

Yeah, let's screw up a bidding process where the proceeds are going to the Northeast Louisiana Veterans home. I'm sure the vets will think its funny too.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Duck Nasty » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:40 am

Bid it up it says proceeds are going to a charity for veterans if people want to spend that money go ahead
Duck Nasty
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:44 am

Duck Nasty wrote:Bid it up it says proceeds are going to a charity for veterans if people want to spend that money go ahead

I thought about bidding it up. But I'll have the luck of nobody wanting to bid after I place an $81,000 bid.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:18 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
Duck Nasty wrote:Bid it up it says proceeds are going to a charity for veterans if people want to spend that money go ahead

I thought about bidding it up. But I'll have the luck of nobody wanting to bid after I place an $81,000 bid.

Good thing you didn't bid because it sold for $80,100 according to the local paper. It also said the proceeds went to the Northeast Louisiana Veterans Associations Wounded Warrior Hunts, not the Veterans Home. I had my info wrong.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Hey UR, what are you going to do with the call now you won the auction?
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:05 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:

Good thing you didn't bid because it sold for $80,100 according to the local paper. It also said the proceeds went to the Northeast Louisiana Veterans Associations Wounded Warrior Hunts, not the Veterans Home. I had my info wrong.

It's to assist in paying for wounded veterans to come to North East Lousiana to hunt. So they auctioned off a duck call to have people come hunt with them...
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:

It's to assist in paying for wounded veterans to come to North East Lousiana to hunt. So they auctioned off a duck call to have people come hunt with them...

For some reason I was thinking it was going to the local veterans home. I had things mixed up.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:

For some reason I was thinking it was going to the local veterans home. I had things mixed up.

Don't mean to sound like a prick but just seems like a way for them to look good for doing nothing. Donate a $30 call, have some rich company buy it, money is donated to the wounded warriors which then in turn uses it to bring hunters back to what I assume is a hunt with duck commander.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby duckslayer74 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:45 pm

It was auctioned off for a good cause I can understand that, but who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a Duck Commander call??? You used to be able to buy their calls for $15 now if you find em for under $30 your doing good. :no: :no:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:45 pm

La. Hunter wrote:

Yeah, let's screw up a bidding process where the proceeds are going to the Northeast Louisiana Veterans home. I'm sure the vets will think its funny too.

Yah God forbid the vets should end up with more money.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:58 pm

duckslayer74 wrote:It was auctioned off for a good cause I can understand that, but who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a Duck Commander call??? You used to be able to buy their calls for $15 now if you find em for under $30 your doing good. :no: :no:

you are looking at it wrong. They did not buy a duck commander call for $80,000.....the donated $80,000 to the cause and got a call for it. :wink: Most likely it was a tax write off anyways.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Broken Paddle » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
duckslayer74 wrote:It was auctioned off for a good cause I can understand that, but who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a Duck Commander call??? You used to be able to buy their calls for $15 now if you find em for under $30 your doing good. :no: :no:

you are looking at it wrong. They did not buy a duck commander call for $80,000.....the donated $80,000 to the cause and got a call for it. :wink: Most likely it was a tax write off anyways.....

My question is, who gets the tax write off, Duck Commander, or, the winning bidder?????????

I guess it all depends upon who the check is written out to.
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess. " Red Green.

I tried it, it, it did not work!
Broken Paddle
hunter

Location: Fomerly in Riverton, CT Now wandering spaceship Earth

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Broken Paddle wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

My question is, who gets the tax write off, Duck Commander, or, the winning bidder?????????

the winning bidder gets the tax write-off for the $80,000, DC gets to write off everything associated with the donation of the call.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby AR Dave » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:04 am

whistlin_wings wrote:
Don't mean to sound like a prick but just seems like a way for them to look good for doing nothing. Donate a $30 call, have some rich company buy it, money is donated to the wounded warriors which then in turn uses it to bring hunters back to what I assume is a hunt with duck commander.

You sound like you're just a Natural!
AR Dave
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:41 am

GomerPyle wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:I read in the description, that the call being auctioned off, is the 1,000,000 call built in 2013. Si musta been busy making all those reeds.

So let's say that was 1,000,000 reeds, then lets say (conservatively) that half of their calls are double-reed calls, so that means 1,500,000 reeds over a 10 month period (through the end of OCT)....that is 150,000 reeds/month. lets say the average month has 20 working days...that comes out to 7500 reed/day. the average working day for Joe Employee is 8hrs, so that means 937 reeds/hour, or roughly 16 reeds/minute....

SO...if Si works 8 FULL hours every weekday he'd have to pump out 1 reed EVERY 3.75 seconds....and again, that's being conservative that only half the calls going out of DC are double reeds

You guys really think they work there. It's called tv for a reason. I am sure they got a millions yuppies chomping at the bit to work the line there.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:45 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Broken Paddle wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

the winning bidder gets the tax write-off for the $80,000, DC gets to write off everything associated with the donation of the call.

And how much do they get to write off when they come and hunt?
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 am

whistlin_wings wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Broken Paddle wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

And how much do they get to write off when they come and hunt?

depends on a lot of factors...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby GomerPyle » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:52 am

Indaswamp wrote:depends on a lot of factors...

mainly, how good of an accountant they have
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:12 pm

GomerPyle wrote:

yes, that would be one of the main factors.

If you ask an accountant what 2 + 2 is and he answers 4, he is not a good accountant.
if he answers 5, don't hire him because he can not add.
if he says,"what do you want it to be?", hire him....he is a good accountant. :thumbsup:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby toolmaker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:

soo duck commander gets $80K for a guided hunt??

and it all starts with them donationg a $5 at cost duck call??

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Broken Paddle wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

And the veterans that get to hunt got a great experience.

I used to donate fishing trips from time to time as a guide. You can write of your time and fuel and that is it boys. The IRS does not allow you to write off the cost of the trip, bait, tackle, etc..... for donated guide trip.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:24 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Broken Paddle wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

And the veterans that get to hunt got a great experience.

I used to donate fishing trips from time to time as a guide. You can write of your time and fuel and that is it boys. The IRS does not allow you to write off the cost of the trip, bait, tackle, etc..... for donated guide trip.

Wouldn't bait and tackle be part of a business expense like a laptop, mouse, or business lunch? You can write off anything just have to find the right person to do it for you like rappers being able to write off making it rain on strippers because it is part of their image for their business.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

$80,000 Duck Commander Call

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:34 pm

MinnesotaDan wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:

Yah God forbid the vets should end up with more money.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20131126/NEWS01/311260035/-Duck-Dynasty-star-s-1M-call-up-bid-again

This is the reason I made the post that I did. Seems like someone was trying to run the bid up and couldn't pay.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby macdaddy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:33 am

Indaswamp wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:

yes, that would be one of the main factors.

If you ask an accountant what 2 + 2 is and he answers 4, he is not a good accountant.
if he answers 5, don't hire him because he can not add.
if he says,"what do you want it to be?", hire him....he is a good accountant. :thumbsup:

And if he knows the best Italian restaurant in town he can name his price - and gets plenty of work where I live.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole