Rowdy Public Hunters!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Rowdy Public Hunters!

Postby Trent_Rivers » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:47 am

Since I have very little experience what is the best way to deal with people trying to kick you out if "their" spot?
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Re: Rowdy Public Hunters!

Postby 18javelin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:48 am

Call the CO or Throw down with the clowns....
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 am

I don't like to mess around with moron hunters on public land because you have no idea what they are thinking of doing. Depending on your position I would have either called a DNR officer, or sat there to see what they do and go from there.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:00 am

Shoot all their decoys, then kick the dog or the smallest guy in the group.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:08 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Shoot all their decoys, then kick the dog or the smallest guy in the group.

Always go for the biggest guy its your only hope the other don't jump in too... go for the small guy the big guy always jumps in... go for the big guy the little guys goes... hmmm not sure I want any... :biggrin:
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:09 am

18javelin wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Shoot all their decoys, then kick the dog or the smallest guy in the group.

Always go for the biggest guy its your only hope the other don't jump in too... go for the small guy the big guy always jumps in... go for the big guy the little guys goes... hmmm not sure I want any... :biggrin:

I never thought of it like that. I just figured if i hit the little guy I was sure to get some shots and hope it got broke up before the others join in
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Trent_Rivers » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:34 am

I was kinda thinking just sit there and don't day anything. Hard to fight somebody whose just sitting there.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:37 am

Trent_Rivers wrote:I was kinda thinking just sit there and don't day anything. Hard to fight somebody whose just sitting there.

? No its kind of easier that way. Didn't you have a little brother growing up?
18javelin
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am

Trent_Rivers wrote:I was kinda thinking just sit there and don't day anything. Hard to fight somebody whose just sitting there.

:no: . It's alot easier to fight someone who won't fight back.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Trent_Rivers » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:12 am

? No its kind of easier that way. Didn't you have a little brother growing up?[/quote]

No I didn't. I don't know about easier. I can't imagine it being easy to get in a pising match with someone who just stays in the spot.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby T Man » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:19 am

Trent_Rivers wrote:? No its kind of easier that way. Didn't you have a little brother growing up?

No I didn't. I don't know about easier. I can't imagine it being easy to get in a pising match with someone who just stays in the spot.[/quote]

Was this on a lake in NC?

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Trent_Rivers » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 am

Oh no it hasn't happened yet. I anticipate it happening come Saturday though.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:26 am

I just ignore them and make a loud phone call to the poachers hotline. I give their descriptions, say they were hunting before shooting light, and that our group saw them harvest a swan and a cormorant. I have as of yet to have very many people hang around to the end of the phone call.

The few that have gotten pissy get a clear visual of the shotguns in the blind being checked for ammo and then being set down with the barrels pointed in their direction. Then all the pistols in the blind being checked to verify a round is chambered. That has discouraged the few idiots I have run into.

I have zero tolerance for idiots who think they own public land. First come is first served on public ground. If they think I am moving because they are being a AH. That is not going to happen. They will get to meet a game warden who will explain things to them clearly. Allowing them to bully you out of the spot only encourages them to keep doing it. Eventually someone who is as hot tempered as they are is going to start a shooting match which hurts all hunters and our image.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Greenheadindy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 am

I would sit quietly and mumble incoherently for a few minutes while they tell you to leave. Then, yell out "who you calling psycho?" and fire two rounds at your shadow. I bet they leave after that.
Nice marmot
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby T Man » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36 am

Leave but pull the plug on their boat and take it with you. Should get your point across.

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby riverrat47 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:38 am

Most public areas are on a first come basis, and most states have a minimum distance from other hunters rule. With cell phone/digital cameras with date/time stamps, I'd take pictures of your spot and surrounding areas immediately upon arriving. Then have the game wardens number on speed dial. If someone comes in and wants to argue, just tell them that you were here first and you aren't leaving and the GW has been called. (Don't mention the pics.) If they still want to be jacklegs, back off and wait for the GW. There ain't a duck in the world worth getting in a fight or a shoot out about and you never know how some people will react.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:45 am

this is why Louisiana has a very strong hunter harassment law on the books. :thumbsup: Does not matter if it is another hunting party or PETA people, the law applies. It's first come first to get the spot.

Good idea with the pictures mentioned above so you can prove you were there first. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:48 am

Jump in to the nearest cover yelling the ducks are attacking again. Start shooting randomly, then go collect some decoys and say got my limit then sit back down. Repeat

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Saw a dude on FB post a pic of his truck all shot up... Don't know what it was all about, but it's freaking ridiculous how far some people will go over a handful of ducks...
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:21 pm

tell them to **** off or they can join you.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 pm

You know what you gotta do. If you don't feel like you can, you have a 12ga. question is how far are you willing to go.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:20 pm

A duck ain't worth it.
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:31 pm

teddysberna wrote:Saw a dude on FB post a pic of his truck all shot up... Don't know what it was all about, but it's freaking ridiculous how far some people will go over a handful of ducks...

id like to see pictures of that
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:51 pm

18javelin wrote:

Duh, if it comes to that you always go for the big guy first! :biggrin:

Seriously, If they are dicks, I'd tell them to pound sand. If they were cool, I'd invite them to join me. Simple as that.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:00 pm

early bird gets the worm, tell them to set their alarms a little earlier. then spend the night out there XD
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole