Duck Hunting Forum banner

Gasoline prices below $3 per gallon...

2K views 30 replies 27 participants last post by  The Mad Duck 
#1 ·
Noticed this last week before we left town for our opening week at the camp. We paid $2.97 per gallon and bought 50 gallons of gas. I had to wait until I got back into town to research why this occurred...seems that the ethanol mandate has been lowered, and corn prices took a 2% hit, at a 38 month low now. this has lowered meat prices as well.....

#2 ·
gas has been as low as $2.74 here, has been below $3 for close to 5 weeks now. but jumped to $2.98 saturday.

I'm thankful that the ethanol mandate has been lowered, it's terrible for fuel lines and other fuel system parts and lessens mpg. meat prices will come back up in due time, as soon as the supply of corn tightens back up. I'll have to look what corn costs on the feed mix receipt I got Friday (for cows) VS what it will cost next week and what it cost a month ago. I know a month ago our feed supplier had trouble getting corn, but that could have been just a local thing.

#22 ·
QH's Paw said:
I paid 2.84 about a week and a half ago. Same station is at 3.09 now.
Pretty ridiculous when people think those prices are good. No reason gas shouldn't be under 2.00.
If I remember right, there are 32 different formulations for different areas around the country. the most expensive to make are the ones in the south and for california. This is one reason for the price variance. If all those additives were not mandated, then yes, gas could be sold for under $2/gal.

#23 ·
Indaswamp said:
QH's Paw said:
Pretty ridiculous when people think those prices are good. No reason gas shouldn't be under 2.00.
If I remember right, there are 32 different formulations for different areas around the country. the most expensive to make are the ones in the south and for california. This is one reason for the price variance. If all those additives were not mandated, then yes, gas could be sold for under $2/gal.
We used to be one of the least regulated states in the US. Then, in 2011, we started regulating by CARB, basically, California regulations. Didn't make a difference in pricing. Those are just BS excuses the gas companies use to justify what they do. Can you explain why, now, right before another traditional holiday(Thanksgiving), the gas is back on the rise. It's not like the holiday is a last minute thing. Gas going up prior to traditional travel holidays has been a general practice longer than I have been alive. Their excuse, the increase in consumption. Again, it is no secret the holiday is coming. Why not increase production to get ready. Well, actually, they do increase to get ready for the extra .20+ per gallon. There is no shortage of gas during these timeframes. Same as their excuse for diesel and heating oil going up during winter or heading into winter. Winter comes every year.

#25 ·
QH's Paw said:
I agree!!!!!!

I remember the 1st gas crises in 1973, and being outraged that gas was $0.36 a gallon, if, and, when I could find it. If I could find gas all i could get was 3-4 gal. I thought it would take mu whole 30 day leave to drive from CA to CT, once I got to the interstate highway I was able to fill the tank all the way across the country, I was home in 3.5 days.

Also, why is home heating oil more than reg. gas??????

#26 ·
I filled up last Tuesday for $2.93,never thought would see the day gas would be under $3.25 while the Dems are in power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.