Avery Forum

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Avery Forum

Postby Steel Shot » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Justin Weber wrote:
I shoot a Stoeger Model 3000 that I traded in a Winchester SX3 for because I couldn't deal with all of the issues I was having with it.

You were having issues with your Winchester so you traded it for a Stoeger? Isn't that like trading a Chevy in for a Yugo? :huh:
Steel Shot
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah I feel like an idiot for it but I would need another hand if I count all the times my buddy's Stoeger was cycling shells while I was pissed at my SX3.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:59 pm

You only have one hand????.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:04 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:You only have one hand????.

They don't call him Lefty Weber for nothin
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Fatback » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Not hacking on you here but 19 doesn't make a prostaffer I want to listen to about duck hunting. I know plenty of kids with good hunting experience. I know a lot more grown men that could teach those same kids a lot.

I always thought they were like beer Reps... Getting out there, trying to get hats on people's heads , signs on the bars walls, their product in your cooler. I guess it helps if you like/use the product too.

Sent from the smoker
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
Fatback
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Justin Weber wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Not hacking on you here but 19 doesn't make a prostaffer I want to listen to about duck hunting. I know plenty of kids with good hunting experience. I know a lot more grown men that could teach those same kids a lot.

I relate it to going into a fishing tackle store and a new kid walking up and offering me fishing gear advice. He would be far better off asking if I have something specific I want and any good tips to help him out.

Having done something for a few years doesn't make you a professional or good at promotion.

I am a pro shooter at a local archery shop. Why? The owner forced it down my throat after 12 years of helping him at sportsmans shows, helping teach classes at the shop, and helping with sales when his staff is overloaded with customers. Why did I help and not bother being pre-staff. He is an Marine Vet, and a buddy, plus I enjoy improving the sport. I am an Army vet, and really enjoy interacting and training others to love the sport of archery.

Why did I take pro staff status after 12 years? He is a good buddy and actually got pissed at me about it on a deer hunt. He chewed me out really good about it and said he has been irritated and finally is pissed after 12 years of refusals. I finally said ok, after screwing with him for an hour and really winding him up. :devil: I could care less about the "Pro Shooter" status. The discount is nice and I use it on rare occasions.

If you are in it to enhance the sport, save a few bucks on product, and get the word out about product you believe in then more power to you. If you are in it for the glory, you really need to look somewhere else. Pro-staffing doesn't have any glory to it at all!

When did I talk about glory? When did I talk about knowing everything? Never that's the problem I never said any of these things. I love talking to guys at shows about what they hunt and how they hunt. I like to do something hunting related in the off season. I could do other stuff for sure but I like doing what I do! You've never even met me so don't tell me my lifes story!

And...... that response is exactly why you should not be representing anyone at 19 years old. You are not mature enough, or smart enough yet to see that I was not talking specifically to you when I made the statement. This is the same reason 19 year olds are privates in the Army, digging the ditches in construction jobs, and not generally allowed to do anything of importance until they have a few more years under their belts. They are simply not mature enough yet to see things for what they really are.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:10 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:You only have one hand????.

They don't call him Lefty Weber for nothin

:lol3:
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Underradar » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:15 pm

He has to be Lefty, cause he sure ain't right.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Type in "Justin Weber Moray Eel Attack" on google. I was pretty darn close to actually being called that!
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Pro Staff = Promotional Staff = Salesman

Why is this so hard to comprehend for some people? They dont have to know everything about hunting, just their products, which they PROmote.

Jesus, its like a highschool prom with the amount of people running around here with hard-ons
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:20 am

Justin Weber wrote:Type in "Justin Weber Moray Eel Attack" on google. I was pretty darn close to actually being called that!

Came up about an article involving a man sexually assaulting an eel. That you?
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:12 am

I'll bet you can't guess the shell.

Correct with the Canadian Challenger brand.

2.75" Cheddite Hull with 1 1/8 oz at 1450 fps. Works really well and reasonably priced (for Canada)
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:46 am

I never brought up anything about farm animals? And good for you.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 am

I meant to quote Justin Weber on that last comment.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby jpallen14 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:11 am

Couple Avery Staffers were busted using e-callers last fall along with several others in South Dakota. They used them all fall and likely in years passed. Several guys lost their licenses for 1-3 years plus some large fines.
http://www.justice.gov/usao/sd/pressrel ... %20al.html
Six Men Sentenced for Unlawful Taking of Migratory Birds and Lacey Act Violations
jpallen14
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:32 am

I didn't see the part that said they were Avery Pro Staffers , Underline that for me would ya. I`m not a Pro Pro Staffer but if your gonna throw rocks
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:33 am

OGblackcloud wrote:I didn't see the part that said they were Avery Pro Staffers , Underline that for me would ya. I`m not a Pro Pro Staffer but if your gonna throw rocks

Get em OG.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:41 am

jpallen14 wrote:Couple Avery Staffers were busted using e-callers last fall along with several others in South Dakota. They used them all fall and likely in years passed. Several guys lost their licenses for 1-3 years plus some large fines.
Six Men Sentenced for Unlawful Taking of Migratory Birds and Lacey Act Violations

Huh? That's strange Ben Burgess is listed as a current pro staffer....

SPatrick wrote:We have a clause in our contract that terminates us because of any game violation, and it is followed strictly.

What's your definition of "strictly".....
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:53 am

OGblackcloud wrote:I didn't see the part that said they were Avery Pro Staffers , Underline that for me would ya. I`m not a Pro Pro Staffer but if your gonna throw rocks

ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:22 am

I just said I didn't see that he was a Pro Staffer and with out going to where ever it is that you found that I didn't see that it said he was with Avery . It doesn't matter to me law breaking is law breaking Pro Staff or not . Thanks for putting that up though :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:28 am

OGblackcloud wrote:I just said I didn't see that he was a Pro Staffer and with out going to where ever it is that you found that I didn't see that it said he was with Avery . It doesn't matter to me law breaking is law breaking Pro Staff or not . Thanks for putting that up though :thumbsup:

I don't think the local media would report corporate affiliations in this matter as most people don't know about Avery or most hunting related companies for that matter
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby Joetpr » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:36 am

I sold my POS stoeger that wouldn't cycle shells or fire them. It would just dent the primer. Bought a tank SX2 10 years ago and still going strong. :thumbsup:
Joetpr
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:52 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:
jpallen14 wrote:Couple Avery Staffers were busted using e-callers last fall along with several others in South Dakota. They used them all fall and likely in years passed. Several guys lost their licenses for 1-3 years plus some large fines.

SPatrick wrote:We have a clause in our contract that terminates us because of any game violation, and it is followed strictly.

Nope he was removed immediately. That website hasn't been updated in like 6 years. Anything else you want to try and call me out on?
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:30 pm

SPatrick wrote:
ctdeathfrombelow wrote:

Nope he was removed immediately. That website hasn't been updated in like 6 years. Anything else you want to try and call me out on?

I guess I should just take your word for it because you guys are held to such "high standards".....

That's weird? It shows the last modified date was a little more than a year ago.....

But i guess they just didnt bother to adjust the roster....
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:08 pm

SPatrick, please dot feel like I am personally attacking you, unfortunately you are a victim of circumstances. My problem is with a company that allows themselves to be represented by people who feel that laws don't apply to them, and have little to no consequences. The sad truth is that a lot of people look up to Pro Staffers as role models in the hunting community for their advice and experience, and get many privileges from their position. However when they commit crimes, I've yet to see Avery publicly denounce their actions, or even take their name and info off of their website, that many people frequent. Leaving the names up of those who have committed these crimes shows a lack of caring for their own personal image as a company, and doing so indirectly makes them look like they don't care what their staff is doing to sully their name/ brand, and are doing nothing to curtail the bad behavior. I know if I were a company that was affiliated with poachers I would cut ties with them as quickly as possible, and remove their image/name from any of my products, and would take it a step further and denounce that person's affiliation.
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole