Avery Forum

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: Avery Forum

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:22 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:Here's one from my state.....
http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?A=4013&Q=487934

Just incase any of you avery guys want a new avatar....

That's for too many striped bass. Not geese?
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:29 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
ctdeathfrombelow wrote:Here's one from my state.....
http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?A=4013&Q=487934

Just incase any of you avery guys want a new avatar....

That's for too many striped bass. Not geese?

Poaching is poaching.......
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby T Man » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Unless you have evidence of someone poaching WHILE representing the company I suggest this gets dropped or you air your greviances somewhere else. Yes those men were over the limit on fish, yes they should have known better, but it was individuals that poached, not as a representative of the company. Just because someone works for a company doesnt mean the company is accountable for all of their actions. If the potentially libelous posting continues the thread will be closed.

If you have a problem with the way an individual or individuals conduct themselves take it to the state dnr where your complaint will do something. Don't make sweeping accusations on a forum because you've got an axe to grind with a company.

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Just wondering here. Why would you close a thread about a company that no longer exists? Seems a bit pointless. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:00 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Just wondering here. Why would you close a thread about a company that no longer exists? Seems a bit pointless. :beer:

Avery no longer exists?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:38 am

Yep. Gone. Now it is called Chadvery Balding Inc. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Broken Paddle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:04 pm

SPatrick wrote:
ctdeathfrombelow wrote:When your pro-staff is made up of poachers, there will be a day when they all get caught....

Ohhh really....

All people for CT are hippie libs that hate guns and love Obama. We will expose you all as the tree hugging hippies that you are one of these days.

Part of the reason I got the he!! out of there!!!!!!! Seems that New England forgot why they kicked England to the curb.

I think Gov. Malloy is trying to secede CT to the crown. If you can, Get the he!! out of there while you still can!!!!!!!!!
Broken Paddle
hunter

Location: Fomerly in Riverton, CT Now wandering spaceship Earth

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby duck_watcher » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Do you have a link to an article or anything to back it up? They posted on their facebook page on thursday, asking if anyone was gearing up for a thanksgiving opener. That doesn't sound like a company that is out of business to me.
duck_watcher
Newb

Postby Cujo1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:33 pm

duck_watcher wrote:Do you have a link to an article or anything to back it up? They posted on their facebook page on thursday, asking if anyone was gearing up for a thanksgiving opener. That doesn't sound like a company that is out of business to me.

I read it somewhere on the internet. Google it, it will show up.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby duck_watcher » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:40 pm

I tried thats why I was curious. I couldn't find it any where. I want to know bc I will buy some decoys from gander before they are gone.
duck_watcher
Newb

Postby SPatrick » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Just wondering here. Why would you close a thread about a company that no longer exists? Seems a bit pointless. :beer:

Avery no longer exists?

Complete internet BS.

ScaupHunter wrote:Lighten up Francis! :beer: It was a joke!

Might be funny to you, and maybe in lib hippyville, yall can call someone a poacher, but in the fishing village where I am from, you call me a poacher, we are steppin' outside...and there is no gahd dam sarc mark there guy and we sure as $hIt aint cheersin any beers.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:12 pm

MEOWWWWWWWWWW
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:15 pm

It's getting realz in here!
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:17 pm

SPatrick wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Avery no longer exists?

Complete internet BS.

Might be funny to you, and maybe in lib hippyville, yall can call someone a poacher, but in the fishing village where I am from, you call me a poacher, we are steppin' outside...and there is no gahd dam sarc mark there guy and we sure as $hIt aint cheersin any beers.

Woah. Who in the heck pizzed SPatrick off :eek: :eek:
All the years I've seen him on this site, he's taken a whole load chit from folks for stuff well outside of his control and never got angry once. :no:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:
SPatrick wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Avery no longer exists?

Complete internet BS.

Woah. Who in the heck pizzed SPatrick off :eek: :eek:
All the years I've seen him on this site, he's taken a whole load chit from folks for stuff well outside of his control and never got angry once. :no:

someone hit a nerve...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Underradar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:44 pm

He's a poacher?
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:41 am

Ct called him a poacher. S is a good guy willing to help most people out.he's good people

Sent from my couch
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:20 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Ct called him a poacher. S is a good guy willing to help most people out.he's good people

Sent from my couch

Quote me where I called HIM a poacher.....
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 am

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:When your pro-staff is made up of poachers, there will be a day when they all get caught....

seemed like you were calling their entire pro staff poachers here and if he is a member of their pro staff i could see how he could very easily take offense to this.

just my $.02 and now i am staying away from this one.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:33 am

Professor_Leakey wrote:

seemed like you were calling their entire pro staff poachers here and if he is a member of their pro staff i could see how he could very easily take offense to this.

just my $.02 and now i am staying away from this one.

^^^ this

Sent from my couch

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:43 am

I don't get the whole "pro staff" thing. What is the real purpose? To me, it seems like it is a marketing gimmick by the different companies to get a bunch of amateur/ wanna-bes into buying a companies products, and providing free advertising for them by plastering stickers and logos on everything. Clever marketing. Any average Joe (with a little effort) can become a "pro staff" on just about any companies products, as long as you aren't promoting sex with farm animals on your resume, and have most of your front teeth. I look at the majority of these guys and have a good chuckle. Let's see if I can describe them all in one description.

Camo from head to toe, usually all matching, including their purses.
Must be wearing lanyard with full e-bay collection and at least 3 multi-colored very bright duck/goose calls.
Sunglasses preferred.
Latest pro-staff hat
Barrel stickers on their Italian camo semi-auto shotguns.
No smiling in pictures.
Usually 18-25

Am I close?

I
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:03 am

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:I don't get the whole "pro staff" thing. What is the real purpose? To me, it seems like it is a marketing gimmick by the different companies to get a bunch of amateur/ wanna-bes into buying a companies products, and providing free advertising for them by plastering stickers and logos on everything. Clever marketing. Any average Joe (with a little effort) can become a "pro staff" on just about any companies products, as long as you aren't promoting sex with farm animals on your resume, and have most of your front teeth. I look at the majority of these guys and have a good chuckle. Let's see if I can describe them all in one description.

Camo from head to toe, usually all matching, including their purses.
Must be wearing lanyard with full e-bay collection and at least 3 multi-colored very bright duck/goose calls.
Sunglasses preferred.
Latest pro-staff hat
Barrel stickers on their Italian camo semi-auto shotguns.
No smiling in pictures.
Usually 18-25

Am I close?

I

i dont happen to know any pro staffers. the one person i knew from my state that ever expressed any prostaff aspirations was a total douche nozzle who covered his entire face in green paint for every hunt and seems to make the local papers every season for hunting this or that tight area.

that said, i have a feeling prostaffers are just like any other aspect of society and are made up of some good and some bad and some in between. while i do not know him personally, spatrick seems to have people on here willing to back him up as being a solid and honest guy. lobbing an accusation like that at somebody simply because theyre prostaff for a certain company is not cool and anybody that does it ought to be called out and asked to explain or give some sort of proof.

is it possible that a similar disdain for all prostaffers is what caused this little misstep into a tunechi turd?
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 am

spatrick is a quality individual. A lot of people would do well to follow in his footsteps.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby T Man » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37 am

Not sure if it is bitterness or ignorance that caused you to post this

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:I don't get the whole "pro staff" thing. What is the real purpose? To me, it seems like it is a marketing gimmick by the different companies to get a bunch of amateur/ wanna-bes into buying a companies products, and providing free advertising for them by plastering stickers and logos on everything. Clever marketing. Any average Joe (with a little effort) can become a "pro staff" on just about any companies products, as long as you aren't promoting sex with farm animals on your resume, and have most of your front teeth. I look at the majority of these guys and have a good chuckle. Let's see if I can describe them all in one description.

The 'pro' is short for promotional...so yeah, selling crap is kind of what they do

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:Camo from head to toe, usually all matching, including their purses.

I have camo from head to toe when I hunt. So do 99% of the nations duck and deer hunters. Whats your point?

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:Must be wearing lanyard with full e-bay collection and at least 3 multi-colored very bright duck/goose calls.

Last time I looked, there are only a few companies making camo calls, but then that would push them into the douchebaggatry cited in your first description. Not everyone likes wood calls. Deal with it.

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:Sunglasses preferred.

I have a hard time seeing birds on blue bird days without sunglasses.

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:Latest pro-staff hat

Send me free sh!t, ill wear free sh!t

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:Barrel stickers on their Italian camo semi-auto shotguns.

You realize not only prostaffers shoot Italian guns right?

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:No smiling in pictures.

Ive got nothing for this one.

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:Usually 18-25

Might want to do some research on those ages, and the actual ages of most prostaffers for companies. I would be willing to wager the ages are closer to the 30-50 range.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole