Avery Forum

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Avery Forum

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Tman, which company do you rep for?
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby T Man » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:22 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:Tman, which company do you rep for?

I dont rep for anyone. You would know this if you read my first post in the thread, the one that said:

T Man wrote:Unless you are absolutely certain, and have evidence to back your statements up, you are making some heavy accusations that could potentially impact someones livelihood. Be certain of what you are saying before you say it.

I have no idea what the circumstances are or what the story is, I pro-staff for no one, and have no skin in the game either way.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Tman is a

Sent from my couch
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1385328284685.jpg
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby T Man » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:38 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Tman is a

Sent from my couch

Word

Although I may have something in the works with Maxwell house coffee. I'm a Folgers man but my loyalty costs little

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm

T Man wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Tman, which company do you rep for?

I dont rep for anyone. You would know this if you read my first post in the thread, the one that said:

T Man wrote:Unless you are absolutely certain, and have evidence to back your statements up, you are making some heavy accusations that could potentially impact someones livelihood. Be certain of what you are saying before you say it.

I have no idea what the circumstances are or what the story is, I pro-staff for no one, and have no skin in the game either way.

Ugg..But then I'd have to read what you post.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Underradar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:53 pm

I knew something was shady about prostaffers. Now u tell me they r poachers.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Only thing I know about Avery is I'm not buying any more of their cheap junk.... :mad:

Dog's neoprene vest zipper pull broke this season. I bought it last season. You would think a zipper pull could last more than 18 months (of which it only saw use for maybe 70 days.) :fingerhead:
FinnLandR
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 pm

This thread has been very enlightening. I don't think I learned a damn thing from it. :yes:
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Here is the prototype for all "pro-staffers"

Did I miss anything ?

Sunglasses, barrel sticker, spaghetti gun, matchy-matchy camo, bright-as-the-sun Mr. T starter collection, don't smile cause I just-got-out-of-jail and had to say goodbye to Bubba......

King of the "Pro-Staffers"

:lol3:
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:46 am

So I am guessing you would also turn down a couple of free Benellis every year just to endorse the company by putting a sticker on your barrel. Or you would also probably turn down all the money and free clothing that Bill Jordan would send you for wearing Max-4 in all of your videos you make while getting to hunt all across the country. Probably wouldn't be proud to show off the bands that you shot either. It's cool I completely understand, I don't like free gear and getting paid to do what I love either.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:48 am

Well since you put it that way , Sign me up I like free stuff
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:51 am

I'll take the free benellis but you can keep the real tree. Hell I'd be happy with a free hat. SPatrick hook a brotha up
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:57 am

I'm out at the moment or I would. :thumbsup:

I am rather sticker ladened however if you want those I could probably get you one. When I first started at hevi shot we gave out a hat and a sweet coozie to guys that bought a case, All my coozies have since disappeared from long nights at contests and shows :yes:
Last edited by SPatrick on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:58 am

SPatrick wrote:I'm out at the moment or I would. :thumbsup:

Next time you get an order in hook me up.

Does it come with a free bag of duck bait :sarcmark:
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:59 am

Indaswamp wrote:the paint peeled off the forum.... :wink:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 am

SPatrick wrote:I'm out at the moment or I would. :thumbsup:

I am rather sticker ladened however if you want those I could probably get you one. When I first started at hevi shot we gave out a hat and a sweet coozie to guys that bought a case, All my coozies have since disappeared from long nights at contests and shows :yes:

PM sent
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:04 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:the paint peeled off the forum.... :wink:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I won't lie I laughed at that. New e-commerce website is being completed, and has taken awhile to get up and going from what I hear, the issues with the forum are apparently tied to the website is what I am told, I am no internet genius so I don't know about that. I as well as the other guys have been submitting photos like crazy, and from the things I have seen it is going to be an awesome website.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby cootlover » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:42 am

Hell fish cop's get caught poaching, cop's get caught doing drug's and I now blostaffers brake the law to :yes:
cootlover
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:43 pm

quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:42 pm

So I am guessing you would also turn down a couple of free Benellis every year just to endorse the company by putting a sticker on your barrel.

I turned down Benellis every year. I owe 14 12 gauge shotguns, and not a single one is a Benelli, but I will admit I bought my son a Stoeger from a friend of mine who was selling it to buy a new Beretta. Not that I don't think they are good, just really overpriced for what you are getting. Cost isn't even a factor. Most expensive shotgun I have is a Beretta 682X 34" barrel trap gun. It is a beautiful gun to take out pass shooting, but I don't want to bang it up, so it stays in the vault most of the time. This season, I shot my Ithaca 37, a Remington 887, a Winchester model 12, my Superposed, an Armsport sporting clays o/u, a Beretta 302 semi, and I even took my son's Stoeger out a couple of times.

No barrel stickers, although I do have a Beretta sticker on one of my gun cases.

Or you would also probably turn down all the money and free clothing that Bill Jordan would send you for wearing Max-4 in all of your videos you make while getting to hunt all across the country.

I certainly don't need the money or clothing, and certainly not to be indebted to someone for enjoying my passion.

Probably wouldn't be proud to show off the bands that you shot either. .
Actually, I report my bands and then throw them out. Never saw a reason to keep them. The only ones on any of my lanyards are my son's bands (he likes them), and the ones that came with the lanyard. (too lazy to remove them). Love the Mr. T starter sets. We don't get a lot of bands up here. I usually average about 1 out of every 700 birds I harvest.

I don't like free gear and getting paid to do what I love either.

I was a fishing guide when I turned 13. Six am to 6 pm every day, did shore lunch, cleaned all the fish, prepared the boats and shore lunch box daily. By age 16 I hated fishing. Never really got back into it for nearly 12 years later. Now I love it again. If you ever want to ruin something you truly enjoy, then do it for a living. I had the opportunity to hunt with Wade Bourne last year. It was an eye opener as to how much work it is to do what he does, and try to make a living at it. It is not an easy endeavor. I have been approached as to opening a lodge/outfitter service, and even to guide. Not a chance. It would just ruin the sport for me.

wearing Max-4 in all of your videos you make while getting to hunt all across the country.

Well , I only hunted in two provinces this year, but I did hunt snow geese in August on Hudson Bay, I am going to bypass the US for any hunting this year, but I am going to Cuba in January to hunt ducks, doves, Colinos, and Becacinas. If February I'll be off to Nicaragua to hunt some birds for 6 days as well. Maybe I'll need to get an ammunition sponsor. (Not hevi shot---way too expensive for the type of shooting we do. Cheap X-pert or CDN Challengers are just about perfect)
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:23 am

SPatrick wrote:So I am guessing you would also turn down a couple of free Benellis every year just to endorse the company by putting a sticker on your barrel. Or you would also probably turn down all the money and free clothing that Bill Jordan would send you for wearing Max-4 in all of your videos you make while getting to hunt all across the country. Probably wouldn't be proud to show off the bands that you shot either. It's cool I completely understand, I don't like free gear and getting paid to do what I love either.

1)I pealed the bright yellow Browning sticker off my A5. Even used GooGone to get rid of the glue. Was I supposed to leave it on?

2) I thought "pro staff" meant professional staff. Oops.

Kinda thinkin' I need a new Browning sticker for my A5.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:03 am

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:
So I am guessing you would also turn down a couple of free Benellis every year just to endorse the company by putting a sticker on your barrel.

I turned down Benellis every year. I owe 14 12 gauge shotguns, and not a single one is a Benelli, but I will admit I bought my son a Stoeger from a friend of mine who was selling it to buy a new Beretta. Not that I don't think they are good, just really overpriced for what you are getting. Cost isn't even a factor. Most expensive shotgun I have is a Beretta 682X 34" barrel trap gun. It is a beautiful gun to take out pass shooting, but I don't want to bang it up, so it stays in the vault most of the time. This season, I shot my Ithaca 37, a Remington 887, a Winchester model 12, my Superposed, an Armsport sporting clays o/u, a Beretta 302 semi, and I even took my son's Stoeger out a couple of times.

No barrel stickers, although I do have a Beretta sticker on one of my gun cases.

Or you would also probably turn down all the money and free clothing that Bill Jordan would send you for wearing Max-4 in all of your videos you make while getting to hunt all across the country.

I certainly don't need the money or clothing, and certainly not to be indebted to someone for enjoying my passion.

Probably wouldn't be proud to show off the bands that you shot either. .
Actually, I report my bands and then throw them out. Never saw a reason to keep them. The only ones on any of my lanyards are my son's bands (he likes them), and the ones that came with the lanyard. (too lazy to remove them). Love the Mr. T starter sets. We don't get a lot of bands up here. I usually average about 1 out of every 700 birds I harvest.

I don't like free gear and getting paid to do what I love either.

I was a fishing guide when I turned 13. Six am to 6 pm every day, did shore lunch, cleaned all the fish, prepared the boats and shore lunch box daily. By age 16 I hated fishing. Never really got back into it for nearly 12 years later. Now I love it again. If you ever want to ruin something you truly enjoy, then do it for a living. I had the opportunity to hunt with Wade Bourne last year. It was an eye opener as to how much work it is to do what he does, and try to make a living at it. It is not an easy endeavor. I have been approached as to opening a lodge/outfitter service, and even to guide. Not a chance. It would just ruin the sport for me.

wearing Max-4 in all of your videos you make while getting to hunt all across the country.

Well , I only hunted in two provinces this year, but I did hunt snow geese in August on Hudson Bay, I am going to bypass the US for any hunting this year, but I am going to Cuba in January to hunt ducks, doves, Colinos, and Becacinas. If February I'll be off to Nicaragua to hunt some birds for 6 days as well. Maybe I'll need to get an ammunition sponsor. (Not hevi shot---way too expensive for the type of shooting we do. Cheap X-pert or CDN Challengers are just about perfect)

Am I supposed to be impressed by all of this? :huh: Don't get on here and try to big game me chief, some guys may fawn all over the fact that you have opportunities to hunt exotic places, because you have the money to do so, but I don't. I am glad you can afford to take trips like you do, you have obviously done well for yourself.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:08 am

You may be a great guy, so I'm just trying to give you some advice. Don't let your passion become your profession. I have friends who are outfitters and guides, and they are so busy during the season doing what they do , they NEVER get a chance to go out hunting themselves.

I should explain that in Manitoba and most other provinces, if you are guiding, you are not allowed to hunt or even carry a gun. It is against the law.

I've been there and done that as a fishing guide when I was young, and it only took a couple of summers for me to hate fishing. I never picked up a rod for over 10 years after I quit guiding (summer job).

As to the pro-staff thing, I guess I am a bit jaded, as the majority I have met in the last ten years have not impressed me. There have been exceptions, but rarely. The guy that impressed me the most was a young guy that was up here with Buck Gardner at a one-box shoot in Stonewall. Buck and the kid must have spent two hours in the afternoon with a group of 10-16 year olds, teaching them how to call ducks. Spent individual time with each kid and showed them how to tune their calls, and by the end of the afternoon, all the kids had the fundamentals down. I was really impressed.

I've also had the opposite happen. I had some "professionals" from TN who were up in the area call me at home, looking for fields that were holding birds. I scouted a field and had permission, but these birds had seen it all and were really decoy shy. Forget any kind of motion birds, as they flared 200 yds away from anything. You had to dig your blinds down level with the dirt (tilled barley field) and spread the decoys out in little family groups of 3 or 4 birds, and spread those groups 20-30 yds apart. I tried to explain this to the "professionals", but they said "Don't worry, we are such and such Pro Staff, and we know how to hunt". Long story short, I hunted about a mile away from these guys on the same field , with one of the game wardens. We scratched out a limit in a couple hours, but it was tough shooting. With my binocs, I could see the TN boys with their six or seven spinners, a vortex, and their 4 blinds sitting up on the field like a sore thumb. They fired two shots all morning. So much for the "pro-staffers"

I've also hunted with 2 guys from TN who had barrel stickers all over their guns, and they both brought 20 gauges duck hunting. In the three days I shot with them, I never saw them miss a single bird. Most amazing display of shooting I have seen. One of them had been a member of an Army shooting team, and both shot sporting clays on a nearly daily basis. They earned their barrel stickers and their free shotguns. That was the difference between a pro and a pro-staff.
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:22 am

This really seems like a big pissing contest. To me to have the opportunity to go out and hunt ducks at very reputable places across the US and occasionally abroad and get paid for it you could sign me up. If I had this opportunity come my way once I am released from my contract I would in a heart beat. Not many people have enough money to be able to just buy new gear every season. And as barrel stickers go if they gave me the gun I'll put a sticker on it.

As far as it goes with grouping everyone with one persons action that happens in a lot of places. Look at the military if a marine shot someone out in town he is not written in the news as John Doe shot a robber. It says marine killed robber. It happens all the time if you rep a company they are putting faith in you to be the face of that company and you as an individual have the responsibility to keep the company clean. That is my .02 on this subject
Duck Nasty
hunter

Postby The_Real_TCIII » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 am

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:You may be a great guy, so I'm just trying to give you some advice. Don't let your passion become your profession. I have friends who are outfitters and guides, and they are so busy during the season doing what they do , they NEVER get a chance to go out hunting themselves.

I should explain that in Manitoba and most other provinces, if you are guiding, you are not allowed to hunt or even carry a gun. It is against the law.

I've been there and done that as a fishing guide when I was young, and it only took a couple of summers for me to hate fishing. I never picked up a rod for over 10 years after I quit guiding (summer job).

As to the pro-staff thing, I guess I am a bit jaded, as the majority I have met in the last ten years have not impressed me. There have been exceptions, but rarely. The guy that impressed me the most was a young guy that was up here with Buck Gardner at a one-box shoot in Stonewall. Buck and the kid must have spent two hours in the afternoon with a group of 10-16 year olds, teaching them how to call ducks. Spent individual time with each kid and showed them how to tune their calls, and by the end of the afternoon, all the kids had the fundamentals down. I was really impressed.

I've also had the opposite happen. I had some "professionals" from TN who were up in the area call me at home, looking for fields that were holding birds. I scouted a field and had permission, but these birds had seen it all and were really decoy shy. Forget any kind of motion birds, as they flared 200 yds away from anything. You had to dig your blinds down level with the dirt (tilled barley field) and spread the decoys out in little family groups of 3 or 4 birds, and spread those groups 20-30 yds apart. I tried to explain this to the "professionals", but they said "Don't worry, we are such and such Pro Staff, and we know how to hunt". Long story short, I hunted about a mile away from these guys on the same field , with one of the game wardens. We scratched out a limit in a couple hours, but it was tough shooting. With my binocs, I could see the TN boys with their six or seven spinners, a vortex, and their 4 blinds sitting up on the field like a sore thumb. They fired two shots all morning. So much for the "pro-staffers"

I've also hunted with 2 guys from TN who had barrel stickers all over their guns, and they both brought 20 gauges duck hunting. In the three days I shot with them, I never saw them miss a single bird. Most amazing display of shooting I have seen. One of them had been a member of an Army shooting team, and both shot sporting clays on a nearly daily basis. They earned their barrel stickers and their free shotguns. That was the difference between a pro and a pro-staff.

Were they filming a show? If so they probably have no choice but to put all that stuff out, those products pay the bills
The_Real_TCIII
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole