Avery Forum

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Avery Forum

Postby Willie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:22 am

Dayuuum...you boys need to get outside and go hunting. :crying: :fingerhead:
Willie
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:08 pm

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote: Remington 887

The guy who admits to owning an 887 has the guts to insult what someone else shoots

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:24 pm

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:
Remington 887

The guy who admits to owning an 887 has the guts to insult what someone else shoots

I won the gun at a DU dinner. Cost me $10. It was my first "plastic" gun, and I thought it would be good to use in the mud and muck when the fields get a lot of rain. I was right. I didn't like the chokes and bought some SKI and SKII Trulock extended and it really helped it along. Typical newer pump. Not anywhere close to the Model 12 or the Ithaca 37 for smoothness. It does have its purpose and the cost was right.

It does have a problem in that all it wants to shoot is hens and eclipse drakes....

A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Remington 887

I won the gun at a DU dinner. Cost me $10. It was my first "plastic" gun, and I thought it would be good to use in the mud and muck when the fields get a lot of rain. I was right. I didn't like the chokes and bought some SKI and SKII Trulock extended and it really helped it along. Typical newer pump. Not anywhere close to the Model 12 or the Ithaca 37 for smoothness. It does have its purpose and the cost was right.

It does have a problem in that all it wants to shoot is hens and eclipse drakes....

Nice... :beer:
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby finsnfeathershunter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Not sure why it matters if the site is down or not. Everybody is either here at DHC or on the Refuge Forums or Calling Ducks anyways. :huh:
finsnfeathershunter
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Remington 887

I like the decoys.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Fatback » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:39 pm

You can shoot ducks in Cuba in January ! Back up there... This just might change vacation plans!

Sent from the smoker
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
Fatback
hunter

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:15 am

I like the decoys.
Gevelot. Ugliest decoys known to man. Made from some sort of tar paper and wooden sticks. Some of the fields I hunt are flooded mud, and if you have to carry your stuff in, I will do it in 1 trip, so that means carrying the layout, gun, shell bag, and decoys and walking in 2-400 yds. I have a bag of 48 FUDS, and 36 of these Gevelots that I slip into my layout along with all my other stuff (I go in light, usually just bare minimum I need.) I can make a great looking mallard set for an early morning shoot (sunrise -30 to about sunrise +30). Work surprisingly well for a decoy that costs me 8 cents apiece.

Here is a little closer shot of those expensive decoys on another hunt.

(oops, somehow I shot drakes)

I'll bet you can't guess the shell.
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter

Postby Fatback » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:31 am

Paper hull reload...

Sent from the smoker
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
Fatback
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:56 am

Low base 8
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Lead 7's

Sent from my couch
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Would probably be even simpler in The Pas just to stomp the eggs and avoid the commotion of shooting.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Would probably be even simpler in The Pas just to stomp the eggs and avoid the commotion of shooting.

:lol: :eek:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:25 am

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:I'll bet you can't guess the shell.

CDN Challengers?
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:48 am

Shell in the pic looks alot like a Hevi Shot-Heavy Metal casing.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Fiocci Golden Waterfowl
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby waveslider » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:27 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:They merged with Banded Nation that Choad Balding dude bought them out or some thing

God I hope that's true. That way we go from 2 companies producing a bunch cheap useless crap down to only one company producing cheap useless crap.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 am

The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:I don't get the whole "pro staff" thing. What is the real purpose? To me, it seems like it is a marketing gimmick by the different companies to get a bunch of amateur/ wanna-bes into buying a companies products, and providing free advertising for them by plastering stickers and logos on everything. Clever marketing. Any average Joe (with a little effort) can become a "pro staff" on just about any companies products, as long as you aren't promoting sex with farm animals on your resume, and have most of your front teeth. I look at the majority of these guys and have a good chuckle. Let's see if I can describe them all in one description.

Camo from head to toe, usually all matching, including their purses.
Must be wearing lanyard with full e-bay collection and at least 3 multi-colored very bright duck/goose calls.
Sunglasses preferred.
Latest pro-staff hat
Barrel stickers on their Italian camo semi-auto shotguns.
No smiling in pictures.
Usually 18-25

Am I close?

I

Very funny and sadly true for many (but not all).
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:21 am

So...it's OK to talk about what shady crooks politicians are but NOT AVERY PRO STAFFERS?
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Duck_Stank wrote:
The Pas Swamp Donkey wrote:I don't get the whole "pro staff" thing. What is the real purpose? To me, it seems like it is a marketing gimmick by the different companies to get a bunch of amateur/ wanna-bes into buying a companies products, and providing free advertising for them by plastering stickers and logos on everything. Clever marketing. Any average Joe (with a little effort) can become a "pro staff" on just about any companies products, as long as you aren't promoting sex with farm animals on your resume, and have most of your front teeth. I look at the majority of these guys and have a good chuckle. Let's see if I can describe them all in one description.

Camo from head to toe, usually all matching, including their purses.
Must be wearing lanyard with full e-bay collection and at least 3 multi-colored very bright duck/goose calls.
Sunglasses preferred.
Latest pro-staff hat
Barrel stickers on their Italian camo semi-auto shotguns.
No smiling in pictures.
Usually 18-25

Am I close?

I

Very funny and sadly true for many (but not all).

Lets see here.... Today Im wearing a Carhartt jacket with a white Avery hat. On my lanyard I have a blue RNT DC, a Orange Zink ATM, a White Zink XR-2, and a White/Black TG Triple Crown. None of the few bands I have were purchased off of Ebay. I got them all while legally harvesting waterfowl during season. I have started wearing sunglasses because I had a bump in my eye from being outside in the wind and sun to much, thats what Im told anyways. Probably from working on my farm. Oh and I don't have sex with farm animals. Its kinda weird that you bring that up but whatever makes you happy I guess! I don't wear my Pro-Staff hat unless I'm working a show. I shoot a Stoeger Model 3000 that I traded in a Winchester SX3 for because I couldn't deal with all of the issues I was having with it. Oh and Im 19 years old! Im not gonna sit here and tell you guys that their isn't guys out there that think they are the best thing that ever happened to waterfowl hunting. Shaun isn't one of them as well.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Not hacking on you here but 19 doesn't make a prostaffer I want to listen to about duck hunting. I know plenty of kids with good hunting experience. I know a lot more grown men that could teach those same kids a lot.

I relate it to going into a fishing tackle store and a new kid walking up and offering me fishing gear advice. He would be far better off asking if I have something specific I want and any good tips to help him out.

Having done something for a few years doesn't make you a professional or good at promotion.

I am a pro shooter at a local archery shop. Why? The owner forced it down my throat after 12 years of helping him at sportsmans shows, helping teach classes at the shop, and helping with sales when his staff is overloaded with customers. Why did I help and not bother being pre-staff. He is an Marine Vet, and a buddy, plus I enjoy improving the sport. I am an Army vet, and really enjoy interacting and training others to love the sport of archery.

Why did I take pro staff status after 12 years? He is a good buddy and actually got pissed at me about it on a deer hunt. He chewed me out really good about it and said he has been irritated and finally is pissed after 12 years of refusals. I finally said ok, after screwing with him for an hour and really winding him up. :devil: I could care less about the "Pro Shooter" status. The discount is nice and I use it on rare occasions.

If you are in it to enhance the sport, save a few bucks on product, and get the word out about product you believe in then more power to you. If you are in it for the glory, you really need to look somewhere else. Pro-staffing doesn't have any glory to it at all!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Scaup, Your gonna have to help me get set up with a bow.
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:44 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Not hacking on you here but 19 doesn't make a prostaffer I want to listen to about duck hunting. I know plenty of kids with good hunting experience. I know a lot more grown men that could teach those same kids a lot.

I relate it to going into a fishing tackle store and a new kid walking up and offering me fishing gear advice. He would be far better off asking if I have something specific I want and any good tips to help him out.

Having done something for a few years doesn't make you a professional or good at promotion.

I am a pro shooter at a local archery shop. Why? The owner forced it down my throat after 12 years of helping him at sportsmans shows, helping teach classes at the shop, and helping with sales when his staff is overloaded with customers. Why did I help and not bother being pre-staff. He is an Marine Vet, and a buddy, plus I enjoy improving the sport. I am an Army vet, and really enjoy interacting and training others to love the sport of archery.

Why did I take pro staff status after 12 years? He is a good buddy and actually got pissed at me about it on a deer hunt. He chewed me out really good about it and said he has been irritated and finally is pissed after 12 years of refusals. I finally said ok, after screwing with him for an hour and really winding him up. :devil: I could care less about the "Pro Shooter" status. The discount is nice and I use it on rare occasions.

If you are in it to enhance the sport, save a few bucks on product, and get the word out about product you believe in then more power to you. If you are in it for the glory, you really need to look somewhere else. Pro-staffing doesn't have any glory to it at all!

When did I talk about glory? When did I talk about knowing everything? Never that's the problem I never said any of these things. I love talking to guys at shows about what they hunt and how they hunt. I like to do something hunting related in the off season. I could do other stuff for sure but I like doing what I do! You've never even met me so don't tell me my lifes story!
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby Underradar » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Justin Weber wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Not hacking on you here but 19 doesn't make a prostaffer I want to listen to about duck hunting. I know plenty of kids with good hunting experience. I know a lot more grown men that could teach those same kids a lot.

When did I talk about glory? When did I talk about knowing everything? Never that's the problem I never said any of these things. I love talking to guys at shows about what they hunt and how they hunt. I like to do something hunting related in the off season. I could do other stuff for sure but I like doing what I do! You've never even met me so don't tell me my lifes story!

You do it for the attention. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step toward recovery.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:08 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:Here's one from my state.....
http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?A=4013&Q=487934

Just incase any of you avery guys want a new avatar....

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Not to stereotype ALL Avery pro staffers, but I have met a few around these parts and they are complete dicks...
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole