Plat maps?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Plat maps?

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Researched them can jot find them around here anywhere. Where do I find one if im even spelling the name right. This is a map that shows who owns what land correct?
txhunter90
hunter

Re: Plat maps?

Postby t_baker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:36 pm

txhunter90 wrote:Researched them can jot find them around here anywhere. Where do I find one if im even spelling the name right. This is a map that shows who owns what land correct?

Check your county auditor website. Ours are online.
t_baker
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Two words. Assessors office.

Phrase - Google Country Assessors Maps for the County you want to hunt.

Action - Search by address, R number, or visually on the aerial maps for the property

Problem solved
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:48 pm

What county are you looking for? I may be able to help you out, assuming you're in Texas.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby dave79 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Geographic Information System or gis is what your looking for i just google county state gis.
dave79
hunter

Postby steelshotslayer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:42 pm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tax+assessors+office
Here ya go

Also I've spoke with my local assessors office they will tell you to NOT[i][/i] go by their boundary lines that they can be off. The only way to be sure on property boundaries is to find the stob
Last edited by steelshotslayer on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day thousands of innocent plants are killed. Help stem the violence. Eat ducks
steelshotslayer
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:44 pm

http://www.Huntinggpsmaps.com get them on your comp or phone. $30 bucks and they put them on google earth lanowner plots with boundries. For your state,works well.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Another tip is drive by the land you're interested in and see if there are signs posted. I've called people that have their numbers listed on gates before but also been told no, my only assumption is because they're an actual operation. Also helps to meet a person that is on neighboring land and can tell you who owns what.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:23 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Two words. Assessors office.

Phrase - Google Country Assessors Maps for the County you want to hunt.

Action - Search by address, R number, or visually on the aerial maps for the property

Problem solved

this ones right
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:11 pm

midlandatlas.com located in ND

or

Farm and Home Publishers
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:08 pm

La. Hunter wrote:What county are you looking for? I may be able to help you out, assuming you're in Texas.

Smith county
txhunter90
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Checking signs in no assurance. Our state only requires a name and date on the sign. With the popularity of cell phone ,trying to find someones name in the phone book doesn't help much any more. And one can't always be sure if it it is the landowner ,tenant or other that has posted it.

A few years back I had permission to hunt a parcel that was being posted by a neighboring property owner. The owner, who I identified via plat, told me the neighbor did not have permission to post it. Every time I hunted it the neighbor would leave the posted sign resting up against my vehicle or leave a simple note. I hung a signed permission slip in my window and he still didn't stop. A call to the sheriff finally got him to leave me alone.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:58 pm

txhunter90 wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:What county are you looking for? I may be able to help you out, assuming you're in Texas.

Smith county

Send me a PM Sunday night or Monday to remind me and I'll look when I get to the office. I know I used to have access to mineral ownership, but I'll see if we have any surface owner information available.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Return to The Honey Hole