Black Friday

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Black Friday

Postby troy_iv » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:06 pm

So...my folks came into to town to visit for Thanksgiving. Only get to see them every few months. Been hitting the blind with my dad and doing alright. For the sake of quality time, I said "What the hell, I can put up with some shopping with Mama..."

...wrong answer. This day is from the fourth circle of hell. To all you poor bustards stuck roaming the aisles with your wives, significant others, mothers, etc. I feel your pain...
troy_iv
hunter

Re: Black Friday

Postby Boocephus » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:10 pm

I drove into the city today, turned around and went back home.
Boocephus
hunter

Postby t_baker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Tractor supply has a big softener salt sale on black Friday. I went in to fill a propane bottle for the heater in the blind. Wrong answer. Came back come and stole the grill bottle.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:15 pm

My wife learned some MMA moves to get a tv at Wally world at 8:00 last night. I hope she enjoyed that as much as I enjoyed my 4th piece of pumpkin pie about that time. :yes:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby Boatman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:41 pm

troy_iv wrote:So...my folks came into to town to visit for Thanksgiving. Only get to see them every few months. Been hitting the blind with my dad and doing alright. For the sake of quality time, I said "What the hell, I can put up with some shopping with Mama..."

...wrong answer. This day is from the fourth circle of hell. To all you poor bustards stuck roaming the aisles with your wives, significant others, mothers, etc. I feel your pain...

Are you crazy. :eek:
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Heck, I just got back from black Friday shopping. No I didn't buy anything, but it sure is fun to be the slow guy with the cart blocking the aisles for no reason. :biggrin:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby rank duck » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:25 pm

I refuse to participate in this black friday crap. There is nothing I want bad enough, or can possibly save enough money on, to risk my life driving to and shopping inside any store today. People be crazy.
'Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh!t by the clean end.'
rank duck
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Not for me.
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Went one time many years ago and swore I'd never do it again. My mother, along with my brothers, sister and their spouses all go every year, but it's really for the entertainment value. They come home with some great deals, but the stories are better.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby troy_iv » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Never again...I've always sworn I wouldn't go, and I know without a doubt I ain't again...

I'll do a late season blind with parts of me frozen together that I didn't know could freeze any day...but I never knew that standing in a heated, climate controlled building could be so friggin' painful...
troy_iv
hunter

Postby GOTDUCKS? » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:02 am

Never go. Buy all my stuff online and were usually done before thanksgiving.
GOTDUCKS?
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:33 am

I could see going to one special place because you have a great coupon or there is a sick deal on something big you've wanted (log spliter, BBQ, wood stove)....
But standing on line and sleeping out for video games etc.....??
That is event #4 in the White Trash Olympics
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby luie b » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 am

I ended up giving in and went to the farm and home supply black Friday sale. Couldn't pass up the deal on deezee truck toolboxes for 135 bucks. Wanted to get new carharts too but that was where the true battle Royal was and wasn't gonna put up with that. Should've maybe got new decoys too. They had half off all g and h decoys.
luie b
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole