When was the last time you got checked by a warden?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, La. Hunter, Preacher1011, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: When was the last time you got checked by a warden?

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Bo Beaver wrote:Twice this year, April for sucker spearing because some guys were spearing walleye in the ditch we were running and the early goose opener at the launch coming out. One of the guys in the group we were spearing with got a $300 ticket for accidentally spearing a walleye(the CO watched him kick it off the spear after he realized what it was). The second time my buddy got a $190 ticket for not being able to get to one of the life vests in a "reasonable" amount if time, which was kinda funny because the boat was jam up full of goose floaters and the vest was under the giant pile of goose shaped flotation aids...

I personally would'nt leave it to a floater goose decoy to keep all 165 lbs of myself + gear above the water. Maybe 2.....or 3. OK 3 yea 3 would work.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:

"Parents aren't the only ones who raise you, there's still public school and DHC"
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:50 am

I got checked twice on opening weekend here in MN. GW didn't even ask to see our licenses. Started to ask but then he recognized me. He said "Hey, you're that guy who lights his farts". It pays to be immature sometimes. I was at a party a few years earlier at a friends house. This GW just happens to be a friend of a friend. The second time he just wanted to check on how we did.

I'd guess I get checked one to two times a year between hunting and fishing.
Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby Greenheadindy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:33 am

I seem to get checked every time I go fishing. And it's whenever we get anchored in a good spot and set the lines in rod holders. Soon as that happens, they come around the corner and ask you to pull in your lines so they can tie up to you. It's never the same guy twice either, not sure where they all come from. Hardly ever get checked hunting, happened during dove season this year though. Think I've only been checked one time ever while duck hunting.

Several years back a friend and I went turkey hunting and decided to park about a half mile up the road so we could sneak in quietly. Something smelled awful where we parked, but we never thought about it and went hunting. Came back like 3 hours later with a bird and there were two sheriffs and a co at the truck. Turns out, we parked on a pile of 3 poached deer that had been dumped there, sans heads and back straps. They asked if we shot them, and we hadn't so we said no. At first, they were skeptical, but we had the turkey legally and all, so they just said to keep our eyes open for deer poachers. Moral of the story, never park where it smells like dead things.
I'm shomer shabbos.
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:54 am

They have all but disappeared in our area. We dont ever see em anymore. Used to get checked regularly but now dont get checked at all.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:25 am

Only been checked once hunting but over ten years ago. I get checked once every couple years while fishing.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Rhock19 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 am

just got checked here on closing weekend. warden checked our licenses and asked if anyone else was around and we told him we saw a deer hunter. he said thats probably who hes looking for. that guy probably had a bad night lol
Rhock19
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:45 am

AGFC must employ 20,000 people. I get checked about 10-30 times a year. They wait at the boat ramps
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:47 am

Rhock19 wrote:just got checked here on closing weekend. warden checked our licenses and asked if anyone else was around and we told him we saw a deer hunter. he said thats probably who hes looking for. that guy probably had a bad night lol

Snitch :rolleyes:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:
Rhock19 wrote:just got checked here on closing weekend. warden checked our licenses and asked if anyone else was around and we told him we saw a deer hunter. he said thats probably who hes looking for. that guy probably had a bad night lol

Snitch :rolleyes:

damn OG your old as hell!
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 pm

The GW and I have an understanding -- he doesn't check me and I don't kill him and his family while they sleep.
quacknstack6 wrote:L&L is right
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby MODuckkiller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:The GW and I have an understanding -- he doesn't check me and I don't kill him and his family while they sleep.

:lol3: :lol3:
Geaux Tigers
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:31 pm

The best Warden crack ever came courtesy of UR. If I remember correctly it involved setting up a magnetron from an old microwave outside his bedroom window and aiming it at his pillow. Cracked me up.
This is the Internet. This is serious.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Botiz630 wrote:The best Warden crack ever came courtesy of UR. If I remember correctly it involved setting up a magnetron from an old microwave outside his bedroom window and aiming it at his pillow. Cracked me up.

What in the sam hell is your profile pic about?
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:00 pm

ArkansasRobertson wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:The best Warden crack ever came courtesy of UR. If I remember correctly it involved setting up a magnetron from an old microwave outside his bedroom window and aiming it at his pillow. Cracked me up.

Any good duck hunter knows
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:07 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:
ArkansasRobertson wrote:

Is that Bill Murray from Life Aquatic?
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:11 pm

ArkansasRobertson wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:
ArkansasRobertson wrote:

I'm confused, you asked a question you already knew the answer to?
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:12 pm

You're an odd duck, Rob.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
ArkansasRobertson wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:
ArkansasRobertson wrote:

I'm confused, you asked a question you already knew the answer to?

Haha well I didnt know at first. I zoomed in and saw the orange toboggin just now
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:14 pm

ArkansasRobertson wrote:I zoomed in and saw the orange toboggin

:no:
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocephus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Theyre all over the place here in N. Il. Last weekend they even had one of them fancy fake deer out trying to catch poachers. To bad everyone already knew it was coming. They did get 1 guy for driving out in the field to look at it, for tresspassing. Jackashes :no:
Boocephus
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
ArkansasRobertson wrote:I zoomed in and saw the orange toboggin

:no:

Beanie?
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Boocephus wrote:Theyre all over the place here in N. Il. Last weekend they even had one of them fancy fake deer out trying to catch poachers. To bad everyone already knew it was coming. They did get 1 guy for driving out in the field to look at it, for tresspassing. Jackashes :no:

We've INVITED game wardens onto our property with fake deer and turkey to try and catch road hunters. (Our 1000+/- acre farm is bisected into 3 or 4 chunks by County Rds)

Each man has his opinion, and mine is that the person who trespasses and poaches on our farm are the "jackashes", not the GWs.
Geaux Tigers
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 pm

last Saturday. Lady that lives next door to the guy's lake we were goose hunting called him. we checked out fine and told us she was the dumbarse adn if she keeps up her yelling at etc at us while we hunt, we can file harassment charges on her.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocephus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:06 pm

MODuckkiller wrote:
Boocephus wrote:Theyre all over the place here in N. Il. Last weekend they even had one of them fancy fake deer out trying to catch poachers. To bad everyone already knew it was coming. They did get 1 guy for driving out in the field to look at it, for tresspassing. Jackashes :no:

We've INVITED game wardens onto our property with fake deer and turkey to try and catch road hunters. (Our 1000+/- acre farm is bisected into 3 or 4 chunks by County Rds)

Each man has his opinion, and mine is that the person who trespasses and poaches on our farm are the "jackashes", not the GWs.

Those jackashes got stuck in the field and tore it up pretty good going out to look at that deer. Driver got some tix the next day too. I dont know how everybody knew about the fake deer tho. Small town.
Boocephus
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:56 am

grizz18 wrote:Havent been checked this year, or the year before. The last seasons before, it was at least 3-4 times a year.

Thats funny becasue it is pretty much exactly the same for us grizz. Im assuming they just had some cutbacks in the state and the guys are going to permit hunts and impoundments mostly. We never see them on the water anymore.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole