Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby jkm » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 pm

I took one of my friends hunting last year. He had never been duck hunting, but was in the military and knew his way around a gun. We were not hunting ina blind and were spread out a little. With him being familiar with guns I was not worried about the safety issue. I should have been more worried about watching what he shot. As I was looking for a cripple he dropped the hammer on a cormorant. I did not see it go down and asked him if he got it. He said hell yea and it was a banded goose. I thought to myself ***. He raced over to get it and raised it up with great excitement. I said that is a cormorant and you are not supposed to shoot them. He answered if you are not supposed to shoot them then why the hell do they band them? I thought to myself, that is an excellent question. Sure enough the damn thing had two bands, one large and one small. He said he saw the large plastic one and put him down. What really tops this story off is that this guy is continually jokedwith about having the best luck of anyone we have ever known. It sure is ironic on his first hunt ever he killed a double banded black goose.

By the way what does "fiffy" mean?

Edited by La. Hunter to remove racial slur. **'s replacing letters is the same as the word itself.
jkm
hunter
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 am


Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Don't know about "fiffy", but FIFY means fixed it for you. Someone changed something in the original post, usually to change the meaning.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5978
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:10 pm

long long ago my I was hunting at my cousin's lease and he had invited his future father-in-law out to the camp to hunt. He is not much of a hunter to begin with. He came back to the camp bragging about shooting a banded goose. My cousin replied," That band reads 1 800 ARREST ME" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57501
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby AKPirate » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Indaswamp wrote:long long ago my I was hunting at my cousin's lease and he had invited his future father-in-law out to the camp to hunt. He is not much of a hunter to begin with. He came back to the camp bragging about shooting a banded goose. My cousin replied," That band reads 1 800 ARREST ME" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:


:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
User avatar
AKPirate
hunter
 
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby jkm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:34 am

if they are not legal to take why would people spend time banding them? It does not seem like much info. would be gained from it.
jkm
hunter
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 am

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby La. Hunter » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:43 am

jkm wrote:if they are not legal to take why would people spend time banding them? It does not seem like much info. would be gained from it.


I'm sure there have been many hunters that have called in the band because they just happened to "find" the dead bird on the way to the blind.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5978
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:27 am

They band song birds and colonial nesting birds (pelicans, terns, egrets) all of the time.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Wayhol » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Uh, nothing illegal about taking cormorants at least here in Florida. In fact they are considered a nuisance. There are even recipes for them but I'm personally not to keen on the idea.
Wayhol
Newb
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Wayhol wrote:Uh, nothing illegal about taking cormorants at least here in Florida. In fact they are considered a nuisance. There are even recipes for them but I'm personally not to keen on the idea.

Dont know what rule book you are reading, but it is definitely illegal to kill cormorants in FL.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6093
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Fatback » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Image legal shooting up here... No limit, and season is open all summer too. Oh and you can use lead shot.


Sent from the smoker
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
User avatar
Fatback
hunter
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 am
Location: N.B. Canada

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Wayhol » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Was trying unsuccessfully to be tongue in cheek. Yes, they are generally protected but dang they are a nuisance.
Wayhol
Newb
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Wayhol wrote:Was trying unsuccessfully to be tongue in cheek. Yes, they are generally protected but dang they are a nuisance.

I concur.


Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6093
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby T Man » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:29 pm

jkm wrote:I took one of my friends hunting last year. He had never been duck hunting, but was in the military and knew his way around a gun. We were not hunting ina blind and were spread out a little. With him being familiar with guns I was not worried about the safety issue. I should have been more worried about watching what he shot. As I was looking for a cripple he dropped the hammer on a cormorant. I did not see it go down and asked him if he got it. He said hell yea and it was a banded goose. I thought to myself ***. He raced over to get it and raised it up with great excitement. I said that is a cormorant and you are not supposed to shoot them. He answered if you are not supposed to shoot them then why the hell do they band them? I thought to myself, that is an excellent question. Sure enough the damn thing had two bands, one large and one small. He said he saw the large plastic one and put him down. What really tops this story off is that this guy is continually jokedwith about having the best luck of anyone we have ever known. It sure is ironic on his first hunt ever he killed a double banded black goose.

By the way what does "fiffy" mean?

Edited by La. Hunter to remove racial slur. **'s replacing letters is the same as the word itself.


Next you should tell a story about how you watched your friend rob a convenience store, but make sure to put 'no police' on the tag so they know not to read it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5935
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Fatback wrote:Image legal shooting up here... No limit, and season is open all summer too. Oh and you can use lead shot.


Sent from the smoker


Do you eat them or just pitch 'em? I've heard they're toxic, which I don't know to be true but am happy to go on believing.
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:58 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57501
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Duck Nasty » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: goin old school on that one when she was bangin hot. She's a cooyon too
User avatar
Duck Nasty
hunter
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:58 am
Location: Coastal NC

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby macdaddy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 am

Duck Nasty wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: goin old school on that one when she was bangin hot. She's a cooyon too


And her video's what my Church calls a "near occasion of sin." :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:18 am
Location: Mercer/Lawrence Co's. W. Pa

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 am

they band many species of birds. Biologists use mist netting and other methods to capture them.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby toolmaker » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:34 am

they band bald eagles too....best keep your buddy away from them!

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
User avatar
toolmaker
hunter
 
Posts: 2892
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:19 am
Location: only been to Cromwell once

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby macdaddy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Fatback wrote:Image legal shooting up here... No limit, and season is open all summer too. Oh and you can use lead shot.


Sent from the smoker


Hey Montana:
Took me this long to think about it. Got the solution: have your buddy renounce his American citizenship; become a Canadian; & he can tell a warden that he brought the cormorant down to show you what one looks like! :grooving: :lol3: Perfect solution!! :lol3:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:18 am
Location: Mercer/Lawrence Co's. W. Pa

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby Fatback » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
Fatback wrote:Image legal shooting up here... No limit, and season is open all summer too. Oh and you can use lead shot.


Sent from the smoker


Do you eat them or just pitch 'em? I've heard they're toxic, which I don't know to be true but am happy to go on believing.


If your not into exotic table fare or pressure canning , the wardens pointed out to some guys one Day That they can just let them float out with the tide. Taste the same as a merg, and the only thing that's toxic is the lead #4 in their face.


Sent from the smoker
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
User avatar
Fatback
hunter
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 am
Location: N.B. Canada

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby jkm » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:49 am

T Man wrote:
jkm wrote:I took one of my friends hunting last year. He had never been duck hunting, but was in the military and knew his way around a gun. We were not hunting ina blind and were spread out a little. With him being familiar with guns I was not worried about the safety issue. I should have been more worried about watching what he shot. As I was looking for a cripple he dropped the hammer on a cormorant. I did not see it go down and asked him if he got it. He said hell yea and it was a banded goose. I thought to myself ***. He raced over to get it and raised it up with great excitement. I said that is a cormorant and you are not supposed to shoot them. He answered if you are not supposed to shoot them then why the hell do they band them? I thought to myself, that is an excellent question. Sure enough the damn thing had two bands, one large and one small. He said he saw the large plastic one and put him down. What really tops this story off is that this guy is continually jokedwith about having the best luck of anyone we have ever known. It sure is ironic on his first hunt ever he killed a double banded black goose.

By the way what does "fiffy" mean?

Edited by La. Hunter to remove racial slur. **'s replacing letters is the same as the word itself.


Next you should tell a story about how you watched your friend rob a convenience store, but make sure to put 'no police' on the tag so they know not to read it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Daffy it was a joke *****ss
jkm
hunter
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 am

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby bighop » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:58 am

jkm wrote:
T Man wrote:
jkm wrote:I took one of my friends hunting last year. He had never been duck hunting, but was in the military and knew his way around a gun. We were not hunting ina blind and were spread out a little. With him being familiar with guns I was not worried about the safety issue. I should have been more worried about watching what he shot. As I was looking for a cripple he dropped the hammer on a cormorant. I did not see it go down and asked him if he got it. He said hell yea and it was a banded goose. I thought to myself ***. He raced over to get it and raised it up with great excitement. I said that is a cormorant and you are not supposed to shoot them. He answered if you are not supposed to shoot them then why the hell do they band them? I thought to myself, that is an excellent question. Sure enough the damn thing had two bands, one large and one small. He said he saw the large plastic one and put him down. What really tops this story off is that this guy is continually jokedwith about having the best luck of anyone we have ever known. It sure is ironic on his first hunt ever he killed a double banded black goose.

By the way what does "fiffy" mean?

Edited by La. Hunter to remove racial slur. **'s replacing letters is the same as the word itself.


Next you should tell a story about how you watched your friend rob a convenience store, but make sure to put 'no police' on the tag so they know not to read it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Daffy it was a joke *****ss

That's T Man, Daffy is probably cooking.

So it was a joke like you made up the whole story, or it was a joke like your friend just broke a federal law and you posted it for a 10's of 1000's of people to see?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7291
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby jkm » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:16 am

bighop wrote:
jkm wrote:
T Man wrote:
jkm wrote:I took one of my friends hunting last year. He had never been duck hunting, but was in the military and knew his way around a gun. We were not hunting ina blind and were spread out a little. With him being familiar with guns I was not worried about the safety issue. I should have been more worried about watching what he shot. As I was looking for a cripple he dropped the hammer on a cormorant. I did not see it go down and asked him if he got it. He said hell yea and it was a banded goose. I thought to myself ***. He raced over to get it and raised it up with great excitement. I said that is a cormorant and you are not supposed to shoot them. He answered if you are not supposed to shoot them then why the hell do they band them? I thought to myself, that is an excellent question. Sure enough the damn thing had two bands, one large and one small. He said he saw the large plastic one and put him down. What really tops this story off is that this guy is continually jokedwith about having the best luck of anyone we have ever known. It sure is ironic on his first hunt ever he killed a double banded black goose.

By the way what does "fiffy" mean?

Edited by La. Hunter to remove racial slur. **'s replacing letters is the same as the word itself.


Next you should tell a story about how you watched your friend rob a convenience store, but make sure to put 'no police' on the tag so they know not to read it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Daffy it was a joke *****ss

That's T Man, Daffy is probably cooking.

So it was a joke like you made up the whole story, or it was a joke like your friend just broke a federal law and you posted it for a 10's of 1000's of people to see?

It was a joke about a game warden not reading it. I thought it was a pretty cool story and I doubt anyone really cares about the cormorant. Some of you guys are wrapped alittle too tight on here.
jkm
hunter
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 am

Re: Funny story- No game wardens allowed

Postby aunt betty » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:17 am

Have we gotten to the funny part yet?
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Next

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AKPirate, Boocephus, brentbullets, greenheadfallon, Majestic-12 [Bot], quacknstack6 and 38 guests