Cerakote

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Cerakote

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 am

any you fellers got any first-hand experience with Cerakote? my next gun project is to build a lever action rifle like the one pictured below (going with a pistol caliber like 44 mag or 357). Cerakote's website has a "titanium" color listed, and they show pictures of a lever action rifle almost identical to the one below, so I know the color would match what I want. I'm just wondering how well the stuff works, how well it holds up, if it prevents rust (and if so, how well), etc....

At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Re: Cerakote

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:13 am

this is a picture from Cerakote's website of the titanium color

At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 am

I had an A5 done a few years back. Seems to be pretty tough. Have not seen any signs of rust or wearing through. My benelli will be getting the barrel done after this season.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby Saltwater_Assassin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Just had my Benelli done recently. I hunt often and in saltwater marsh and im not to gentle with my gun. Holding up very well with no rust showing at all.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"
- George Washington
Saltwater_Assassin
hunter

Postby creole » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:01 pm

I live on the gulf coast and my sig pistol has this coating and have zero issues

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
creole
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Make sure its the baked process, its much stronger than the air dry stuff. Im impressed with this stuff! You've probably seen this video, but JIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUwOR4Tq10
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby CurlyChessie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Taken from a Facebook post of a company that is comprised of retired SF, Ranger Bat, and Marine Recon, that trains SF units currently, and private security agencies etc.

Asymmetric Solutions
22 hours ago
HUGE THUMBS UP ON A PRODUCT-

Our vault was exposed to the high enough temperatures to turn a Zodiac into a Frisbee and melt the engine in our Polaris 4 wheeler. When the great folks at the fire department hit it with water it was rapidly cooled and water, steam and corrosive smoke ran into the ventilation ports and got into all our weapons.

Every single one of them with the exception of one was covered in a light patina of rust when we opened the vault only a day later.

Now- we have the opportunity to have just about whatever kind of gear we want. Manufacturers are tossing things our way for testing and evaluating left and right- I have been offered by a local craftsman Jeff Forbush to have any of our guns Cerakoted. I declined as I have always just used Krylon and don't really care about what the guns look like.

Until I pulled the rusted guns out of the vault. The only one that looked perfect and functioned perfect was a gun Jeff had just Cerrakoted for a Doctor friend of ours who is a regular shooter at the range. It looked like it did before the fire. The rest of the guns were so *** up several wouldn't even function test until we had soaked them in a drum of diesel fuel.

Right now every gun we have is getting Cerakoted and I'll do this one on every gun we buy in the future. It isn't just a looks issue - it is a reliability and durability issue.

We are pretty slow to highly recommend any piece of gear and if we do it is because it sticks out as exceptional in excessive circumstances. I would encourage all of you to get your guns Cerakoted.
CurlyChessie
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole