Monday rant…

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Monday rant…

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:30 pm

What has the music world come to? Over 24 hours later and my head is still shaking. I wake up Sunday morning to rap on VH1 I think “What the ______?” Soooo I turn on CMT and Johnny Cougar Meloncamp is on playing Walk Tall… Hmmm…. I thought he was a rocker…. Well next at least Shania comes strutting and wiggling to Party for 2. If you have not seen that video, well lets just say, talk about eye candy especially when she is strutting down the street, and I am not talk a butt wiggle either… Anyway, back to the rant… so why is rap on VH1 and rock is on CMT? All order of the music world seems to be gone lately.

Signed,
a rap/hiphop hating, rocker/country loving suburban redneck fan of music.

PS Lynnard Skynnard has a concert on CMT this coming Saturday night.:thumbsup:

PS AM I the only one that is confused by this switching of music venues?
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:55 pm

I am 22 years old and think the same way you do. Something tells me I am in for trouble as the years go on....

Party for two.. mmmmmm..
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:10 pm

Well...you see, they let blonds and lawyers pick the music formats. (I'm so funny I can't stand myself) Anyway, I know what you are saying. I was in Subway (I want to punch Jared) last week and I heard a rap song using Ozzy's "Crazy Train" riff. It was awful. How somebody could sit down and eat to that crap, I have no idea.

Don't even get me going on the music/crap they put out these days. I like alot of the "New rock" stuff, but this rap stuff is the worst. It is everywhere and we are being force fed crap by a bunch of punks.
I am going to stop now because I could write a book on this topic.
As for Melloncamp...I guess they just needed a silly liberal on CMT for balance.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:25 pm

You got to know your gettin old when you start sounding like you parents. And for those who must of been hatched you need to come all the way out of your shells into the sun light or maybe get back into the shade cause you sound like your either really sheltered or really baked. Not everybody likes the same kind of music, food ,drink, dogs, weather, women, beer etc... soooo suck it up and get on with your life and let others live theirs as long as they don't tramp on you an yours. If they do then let retribution be swift and sure.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.
Last edited by Greg Wile on Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby killindux » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:25 pm

Wonderin when its gonna be alright to be back to normal :help:

-mallardhunter :hammering:
killindux
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:26 pm

Sounds a wee bit racist to me!!! Don't spoil the site with statements like this :pissed: All peoples have the same rights in The US of A so we have been led to beleive. I am white and think that it's great but I don't think that I am any better than anyone else because they aren't. It is alright to be what ever color you are, just not ignorant!!!

Keep the site alive keep it positive.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:17 pm

Let me make myself clear on this and what I wrote before somebody takes what I said the wrong way. (As it sometimes happends in here)
I don't play the race game...peroid. I don't care what ethnic background anybody comes from. I may sound like my parents (and I don't think that is bad at times) but a lot rap/hip-hop is not a positive influence on this country. I'm talking about the "Gangsta" garbage. And the image that is being sold along with it.

I don't think I am living under a shell when I see kids being influenced by a bunch of punks that have no talent other than an attitude and stupid clothes. I wish we could sell hunting on our youth as much as rap has. I would feel a lot better.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Goshawk » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:22 pm

Don't spoil the site with statements like this Very Upset All peoples have the same rights in The US of A

Unless they happen to be blond or a lawyer apparently :toofunny:
Goshawk
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:44 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:45 pm

Wasn't anything to do with what you said Snafu it was another comment which the moderator has cleaned up. No offence intended and none taken :thumbsup:

Dance to any tune you like but try not to step on others toes.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:49 pm

Ok cool Greg,
What I said was not aimed at you. Just wanted to be clear. Have to go...24 is on...
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:00 pm

I wanted to clean it up, it was pretty bad.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:06 pm

My question is what in the world is tim mcgraw doing making a song with nelly? I'm from the St. Louis area and I still can't stand this stuff.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:02 pm

I know what comment you are talking about, and it was...well, worded very wrong. We can all keep our "redneck" culture and be proud of it. I know that might rub some of you guys in the south the wrong way. A lot of us up north have accepted the lable and embrace it. Hell, it pisses off the yuppies, that is good enough for me.

My stepdaughters have (boy) friends that come over once in a while. Most are cool, there are a few punks. They will act like they are a bad azz untill they find out you hunt, then the tone will change. I play this up to no end. This is part of the game. Come home with a bloody hand, sleeve and pants after gutting a deer, and tell them, if they mess up, they are next if they disrespect your family... It works.
Snaph
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:36 am

Snafu518 wrote: they find out you hunt, then the tone will change.
They is afraid they will become the hunted if they screw up :thumbsup: Ah yes the great equalizer in life. If staring down the business end of a gun does not just about make you crap, it should.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodywoodduck » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:47 am

h2ofwlr wrote:
Snafu518 wrote: they find out you hunt, then the tone will change.
They is afraid they will become the hunted if they screw up :thumbsup: Ah yes the great equalizer in life. If staring down the business end of a gun does not just about make you crap, it should.

Add the Fact, that they KNOW, You do not hold the Firearm Side Ways and You KNOW how to AIM!
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby big_countryks » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:23 am

:toofunny:
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:42 am

Wait - back to Shania. What's the little Canuck up to now? More than just a wiggle?! Holy carrraaaaaaaaapppppp! I've got to get a better job & cable! Youns are seeing it all! The world is passing me by! Shania Twain is hot & I'm missing her "more than a wiggle"! :eek:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby KO » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:11 pm

All I can say is music aint been the same since the 60's and 70's,,,,,well except shania.....but enough about that
KO
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole