Screen Names

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Screen Names

Postby Woodywoodduck » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:48 pm

Have been thinking of posting this in here for awile.

How did you all go about picking your Screen name and What should we adress you by?

There is a Reason I ask.

This isn't Personally a Problem to me, BUT, I have seen guys have Heart attacks over how someone Adresses them on other sites the wrong way!

I'll start........

My Screen Name comes from some different things.

My Oldest Sister's Husband has Refered to me as Duck since I as 4-5 years old.

I have always Wished My Last name was my mother's Madien name, which the Nick Name of it is Woody. This Side of the Family are the True Hunters of both Sides. My Dad learned from My mother's Side of the Family More then he did from his own Family!

I LOVE Hunting, Watching and trying to Increase the Woodducks

Thus, Years ago, Woody Woodduck came to be about.

I have used this, before I had Even gotten a Computer.

When I started driving Truck, I took Woodywoodduck as my CB Handle.

Don't know if this really matters, just thought I would bring it up and see how you guys have taken your Screen names.

I do Perfer to be called Woody, But As My Dad use to say, You can Call me anything, just Don't Call me "Late For Dinner" :laughing:
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:14 pm

I have used the same online screen name for a few years on multiple sites. I drive a 98 dodgeram so thats where it came from. I either go by that or Loomis.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:17 pm

I just figured that I like hunting mallards so I picked it, now I try and use it on every site I join.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:49 pm

Situation Normal All (um...er...) Fouled Up. (I will keep “that” word clean in this forum) Hence SNAFU. 5, 18. The Labonte bro’s numbers. Until this year, before that geek took over the 5 car. I have just used this name forever online. It is a lot more fun than Gary.
Snaph
hunter

Postby WaterfowlWidowmaker » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:53 pm

mines kinda long. i got it off of TK and Mike duck hunting when they go out with a massive gun and kill numerous ducks with one shot. they called it the WW. Waterfowl Widowmaker
If it flies it dies.
WaterfowlWidowmaker
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:55 pm

I've had dukhnter7 for about 6 or 7 years. When I first got a computer, I was trying to come up with an e-mail address. Dukhnter was taken, so I threw in the "7" after my favorite drink. Jack Daniels ol' #7!! When I started on these boards back in 97 or 98, I just used my e-mail address as my screen name. Most people shorten it to DH7 or DK7 or just D7. I noticed that there is another duckhunter07 here. First time I have run into anyone using something like my screen ID.
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:03 pm

Good idea Woody :thumbsup:

Mine is plain and simple SC for South Carolina and outdoorsman just b/c i love the outdoors. I made the mistake before not to capitalize the SC so people thought it was scout then doorsman. I use only this name as well wherever I go and join.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:15 pm

Trois Beaux Canards is the name of a french voyageur paddling song, or rather a french folk song.... It means "three beautiful ducks". Seemed fitting I guess.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:53 pm

I've been called Pete Pec since the 80's. Back when we used to play video games with our lunch money. When you got high score you would put your inititials up on the board. Well There was a guy with the same initials as myself- (PJG). Well we used to compete on the same games and I couldn't let other video game freaks think he was getting all the high scores, so I changed my tag to PEC, Short for Woodpecker. If you know what I mean? I'm 37 yrs. old now, and am still called Pete-pec to this day by several of my friends. Good question Woody, I wanted to make the same post. The only thing I would add is, how old is everyone? Wings cupped, Pete-pec
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:08 pm

gsphunter I guess doesn't need any explanation, but I guess it could if you don't know dogs.
I own a German Shorthair Pointer and I'm a hunter. Pretty simple huh.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby texan68 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:37 pm

I'm from texas and just added 2 numbers after it
texan68
hunter

Postby roscoesbuddy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:38 pm

mines pretty simple roscoe is my black labs name,and who is a better best bud then your dog. thus roscoesbuddy and i agree i don't care what i'm called. and i'm 20
"a day can change in one wingbeat"
roscoesbuddy
hunter

Postby brucemacp » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:51 am

Well mines pretty easy to fiqure. The reason is that no matter how hard the day has been I can ususally remember my own name. So Bruce or Mac is fine and 53 is the magic number.
Kobie the wonder dog says" Hunting seasons over? Wake me up around noon"
brucemacp
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:07 am

Mine is my lic plate that I got about 8 years ago. wtrfwlr was taken so I tried h2ofwlr, and it was availble. I'm registered on about 10 other waterfowl sites over the years, I frequent only 2 others besides here. Probably have 10,000+ posts between them all. and some say that waterfowling is not an addiction-HAA! Only problem I've had with my handle is on the fuge, about every few months I get a Pm about lord knows what from a stranger that got the wrong spelling looking for H2ofwlr, H2Ofwlr, h2ofwler, etc,,, etc... As for why the name--simply I am an avid waterfowl hunter and also do a fair amount of conservation related activities too for the waterfowl. So h2ofwlr it is. I'm 46 BTW Old enough to remember what the MN landscape used to look like before 90% of the wetlands were drained in the 60's-70s :( where I liked to hunt and when the northern flight meant flocks of hundreds consistently piling into the decoys.... not any more :(

Anyways, I really like this place. It is kind of innocent and folksy/homey yet here. Lots of younger hunters here asking questions, etc.. And best of all most guys tolerate the bad jokes that I post up :laughing: :hammering:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodywoodduck » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:42 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Mine is my lic plate that I got about 8 years ago. wtrfwlr was taken so I tried h2ofwlr, and it was availble.

h2o,

I know a Guy from here in PA that is Very Well known for his Duck and Goose calling and wins he has had, along with making Tapes for Different call Companies. He has his license plate, Almost Exactly as yours!

Does your H2O happen to be made like it is on the Chemical Chart for Water?

The Guy from here in PA, His Plate has the 2 Dropped down like on the Chemical chart.

I'm known on a Site as an H2O, For the Life of me, I have NO IDEA, Why I registered as that! Every other Site I am Registered on, I'm Woodywoodduck!
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby had » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:15 am

well "had" is my initials. i've used it all my life for a handle or video games. that is what i use on all web sites.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:05 am

I have been big into archery over my life and even making all my own stuff from gathered wood and supplies like Indians would and I go by Rob.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby redcloud86 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:26 am

Elementary dear Watson..

I grew up in Red Cloud, Nebraska and graduated(on time) in 1986(one of 26). I had to add the 'on time' for my smartass friends. I use this handle on everything, if you see it, it's me.
redcloud86
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:53 am

For those of youns who can't guess, I'm using my name. :toofunny: :laughing: Disadvantages: 1) my name's all over the world wide web now; 2) ti's too long to type 3) wasn't thinking when I used it. (Hey, admins - would I confuse everybody if I went w/ my other handle, "macdaddy"?)
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:57 pm

"Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:48 pm Post subject: Screen Names

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woody wrote: Have been thinking of posting this in here for awile.

Now there was no need of doing that. But its nice to be thought of. :laughing:

I didn't think to use my nickname from years ago when I signed up but do to a stunt I pulled in drivers ed many moons ago I was dubed Hot Wire. Then one of my fellow workers dubed me Gooseman after learning that I got capsized while in my canoe by a wounded goose. :oops: I learned the hard way not to grab a crippled goose to try and finish it off.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:21 pm

I don't really have a reason for my name. On a few other sites I am known as Sully, but when I tried to use that here, it said it had already been taken. So I tried thinking of something else and quackkiller popped into my head so I used that.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:43 pm

Mark McCummins wrote: would I confuse everybody if I went w/ my other handle, "macdaddy"?)
Better than McMommy I suppose... sounds like a new food item at McDonalds or somthing.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:00 pm

i think my is pretty self explanatory. "sharpshooter" (just in case.) i got that name when i was about 9 years old with a pellet rifle. it stuck, mainly because i don't miss often with a rifle or bow...NOTE: OFTEN is a key word there. it does happen. it's been about 8 years but...:)

btw, i am 29 and i like my last name...my wife says it suits me.

Fowler
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:54 pm

admin2 wrote:
Mark McCummins wrote: would I confuse everybody if I went w/ my other handle, "macdaddy"?)
Better than McMommy I suppose... sounds like a new food item at McDonalds or somthing.
:laughing:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:43 pm

:laughing: that is sure mcfunny :mrgreen:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole