MS River Illinois Question and Lease Opportunity

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

MS River Illinois Question and Lease Opportunity

Postby sportsman7 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:56 pm

I deer hunt on land near Dallas City, Illinois. The property has about 2,000' of frontage on the MS River and probably 10-15 water acres depending on water level. It has probably 2 blind locations , one in a cove and another on a point. It is on flat , river bottom land, which also floods in high water. There is one old blind on the property, that appears to be huntable, didn't really check on it much, but I do have pictures. This property is accessible by boat on the river or by ATV. My gate is 1/4 mile form the river and I have a woods road system that you can follow to the river bank on atv. The neighbor limited out the last morning I was there on mallards and teal. That was in November and I have no idea of the current status of the river or ice. I would think by now it is freezing up at least partially. Anyway, my question is Im thinking of leasing the property next year to cover some of my expenses (taxes, bank note, etc) and wondered what a property of this type might typically lease for. Also, is it to late in the year to lease for the remainder of this season for a reduced price and if so is anyone interested, if so shoot me a pm. Here are a few pics

sportsman7
hunter

Re: MS River Illinois Question and Lease Opportunity

Postby MarkM » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:16 am

Scroll down to the Mississippi state forum and post in there, you will get better responses.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 am

MarkM wrote:Scroll down to the Illinois state forum and post in there, you will get better responses.

FIFY
Last edited by whistlin_wings on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:20 am

Atta boy ! Dealing with a little brain freeze this morning Mark ?
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:21 am

No he's just dumb OG.

Hi Mark
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:22 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:No he's just dumb OG.

Hi Mark

:lol:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:24 am

Teddd....I mean Marrrrkkkkk....
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby MarkM » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:45 am

OGblackcloud wrote:Atta boy ! Dealing with a little brain freeze this morning Mark ?

Little bit. Went scouting, should've hunted instead.

Hi Mark

This coming from a guy who lives in Ohio? Go shoot something. Oh wait, your season ain't open yet.

Botiz630 wrote:Teddd....I mean Marrrrkkkkk....

Thems figthin words :mad:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:46 am

MarkM wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:Atta boy ! Dealing with a little brain freeze this morning Mark ?

Hi Mark

This coming from a guy who lives in Ohio? Go shoot something. Oh wait, your season ain't open yet.

We are open here, opened last week. So :tongue:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:49 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

Hi Mark

Hope the state is frozen over solid.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:53 am

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

Hi Mark

Hope the state is frozen over solid.

Could very well be by this time tomorrow.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:15 am

I hunt about 25 miles north. Backwaters have been pretty much locked in since the 1st deer season in November. Some thawed a bit during the recent 40-50* temps, but are probably locked in solid by now. I was hunting the main river and we pulled our decoys yesterday, as they were getting an ever increasing halo of ice around the bases. So, IMHO, you are SOL for leasing this year.
As was mentioned, put this on the Illinois forum. There are several guys that either own, lease or hunt in that general area. They might be able to give you some info, or may be interested themselves. I don't think they frequent the main forum too much, though. In fact, I'm not sure they frequent the Illinois forum too much.
Now, if you would happen to find similar property somewhere between Oquawka and Rock Island, and you are looking for a caretaker...send me a PM. :biggrin:
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 am

riverrat47 wrote:I hunt about 25 miles north. Backwaters have been pretty much locked in since the 1st deer season in November. Some thawed a bit during the recent 40-50* temps, but are probably locked in solid by now. I was hunting the main river and we pulled our decoys yesterday, as they were getting an ever increasing halo of ice around the bases. So, IMHO, you are SOL for leasing this year.
As was mentioned, put this on the Illinois forum. There are several guys that either own, lease or hunt in that general area. They might be able to give you some info, or may be interested themselves. I don't think they frequent the main forum too much, though. In fact, I'm not sure they frequent the Illinois forum too much.
Now, if you would happen to find similar property somewhere between Oquawka and Rock Island, and you are looking for a caretaker...send Blackcloud870 a PM. :biggrin:

FIFY.... :thumbsup:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby luie b » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:25 am

You hunt just up the river from me! I always thought the Dallas city area on the river looked pretty ducky...
luie b
hunter

Postby sportsman7 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Just to update everyone, I leased the property, thanks for the inquiries
sportsman7
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole