Duck Hunting Forum banner

Your personal worst

4K views 68 replies 40 participants last post by  Minneguy 
#1 ·
So tonight I took a couple hard spills out on my first sled ride of the year. The knee and shoulder pain is crazy right now so im using this as inspiration for my topic.

Tell your story about the worst accident you've ever been in; sleds, 4wheeler, dirt bike, car, truck, airplane, UFO ext.

ill tell mine later

#9 ·
Wrecked a crotch rocket doing 55 in a curve, 3 spin outs then slammed into a ditch took pants off and peeled skin from my ass cheeks to back of my knees off with them, could see bones in palm of both hands... that was One of my least favorable. Flipped truck 2 times off 30 foot road bank... 47 stitches from a pitbull in my head when I was 11ish... dirt bike and 3 wheeler/4wheeler wrecks to many to count some I don't remember to well. I could go on and on I wasn't a video game kid growing up it either went fast or boom or I was looking for it...

My ole Suzuki RM250 took me up a hill on new trails to realize when it was almost too late the other side of hill was a 50 foot sheer cliff about lost my life there but laid it down and kept bike from going off... that was a eye opener for sure.... Buddy was coming up fast when he seen me ditch it. luckily he did the same but half way up the hill.

#14 ·
my turn, last night i came up to a driveway, jumped it. ( i usually dont but everyone says i ride like a ***** so i did what i did) came down and slammed into the handles.

next i was floating through some deep powder and tried to come up the side of the road and it flipped. tossed me. buddy helped me get up and we started riding again. then on my way home i hit someone elses jump and again, the sled tosses me, this time into the frozen chuncks of black field dirt. crawled back to my sled. and did 20 the rest of the way. wakin up this morning, every part of my body is in pain. knee has had past issues but now its got a big bruise and its really swollen. nothing broke though. not even the sled.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Man....I have lead a sheltered life....I surf, fish, hunt and played hockey in HS and Coll.....i broke one pinky finger and a toe....
other than that...the worst thing I ever did was light a piece of juicy fruit gum on fire and then panic because it got too close to my finger...so I threw it in my mouth.... :no:

#21 ·
Plane crash, yep small plane crash and lived to tell about it. Buddy's dad owned a plane,worked for IBM and flew all over in it for them.Was ask if I wanted to fly to Atlantic city for the day.Said sure so we flew out of capital city airport to Atlantic city for the day. On the way back over Lancaster,Pa motor shuts off. I am in the back seat buddy and his dad in the front.They start checking icing and all sorts of motor problems. I can see the fuel gauge and it reads empty. I say we are out of fuel,they tell me to shut up they are trying to figure out what is wrong. His dad says don't worry we can land this plane anywhere. :lol3: Again I say how is the fuel they say we filled up before we left. So they can't get the problem fixed so start to look for place to land. He picks a field,as we approach we notice a fence,he pulls back just in time to bounce hard off ground to miss fence and tears off right side landing gear. He drops it in the field and with only one landing gear wing drops and we spin down through the field to a stop. What a ride. So we get out to a line of cars parked along the road,rubber neckers.I tell him to check the fuel,he jumps up on the wing,now sm planes have 4 fuel tanks to keep them balanced,with a switch between the front seats. Three tanks full one tank empty,just what I said,they were so embarrassed. Plane was a total loss,with one lanlanding gear ripped off the other jammed through the wing. :beer:

#22 ·
Oh man. Good stuff. Well I had a boating accident when I was 15/16. Was hunting with an older friend,temp was in the 20's. cold for us. He had a 14 fiberglass boat with a 35 hp. We were probably 10 miles from landing. We have some big rivers but between them are lots of smaller creeks. We were on the way back running creeks. We I say running I mean as hard as we could. The boat handled great but would slide in turns so you would go into turn hard then snatch tiller handle and boat would
grab on its edge and go through turn like a slalom ski! Well we went into this one turn a little to hot and about as quick as he snatched the handle the boat caught on edge and flipped opposite way. When I came up from under water my buddy in middle of creek hollering about chest and boat upside down floating. Apparently when boat flipped cowl came down on buddy's chest. Well I pulled him to the hill then went back to get the boat.Pulled boat up to hill and somehow got it flipped over. Found pliers/wrench in dry box and pulled plugs pulled started to clear cylinders. And from the grace of god we got engine started bailed water out of boat. Crept all the back to landing seemed like days. I have NEVER been so cold. I do remember when we got back to my buddy's house taking a shower and
not using any hot water straight cold and it was wonderful .Crawled in bed and didn't get up until the next day.

#23 ·
I rode my buddies Arabian horse. Two times trotting around the barn. The third time I saw the horse's eyes bulg and it took off running (towards the concrete horse trough).
I realized what was about to happen and slipped/jumped/fell off.
It took a good hour to catch it.

#24 ·
Rear ended a truck 19 years ago this week, while coming home from bowhunting. No seatbelt but I had so much clothes on and drive close to the steering wheel so I hit the door top rail instead of going through the windshield. Truck was stopped to make a turn on a dark road and had no lights. Still don't remember seeing it. Fortunately no serious injuries but if i had a passenger they would not have been so lucky. The guy that stopped and sat with me till the ambulance arrived said the whole time I was babbling on about a big buck I had seen. (I hadn't seen a buck that evening)..........

#25 ·
Slack Tide said:
Man....I have lead a sheltered life....I surf, fish, hunt and played hockey in HS and Coll.....i broke one pinky finger and a toe....
other than that...the worst thing I ever did was light a piece of juicy fruit gum on fire and then panic because it got too close to my finger...so I threw it in my mouth.... :no:
I'm with you Slack. Couple stitches here and there, a fractured wrist from my first and last time on a skateboard, and a few rolled ankles and strawberries from baseball. I guess I was too occupied with other things to do stupid stuff.

Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.

#26 ·
Got separated from my buddies boat while freedive spearfishing several miles south of Block Island last summer. Coast Guard was called and a 300' NOAA research vessel was diverted to aid in the search.......let me tell you, being lost in six to eight foot seas forces you come to terms with the likely end of your life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.