Gloves

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Gloves

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:33 am

ryanoutloud wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:Just move south and you won't need gloves.

Oh. Wait.

:lol3: :lol3: My hands just don't hold up like they used to. Especially when wet.

Sealskinz.

Awesome gloves in that they are a knit glove that is totally waterproof. The ones I have are not insulated but it looks like that is an option on some of their other models.

http://www.sealskinz.com/US/gloves

That's what I'm looking for. Ididn't see a camo pair, though? Not that It really matters.

I was looking at stuff like this. Pricing is the same. Just don't know of anyone that has tried a pair.

UND1239103%20L%20APX[1].jpg

Under Armour Primer Camo Gloves

D, I bought these gloves before this season and have been very happy with them. I had never tried on a pair of gloves and thought " I gotta have those" until I tried these on. Like other UA gear, and Sitka Gear, they have a great fit without the bulk. I've had to dip my hand in the water when it was 30, and used them to build a snowman for the kiddos. The snow was dry so I had to mix in some water and on both the hunt and the snowman building I've stayed dry and warm. The question now is, how long will they hold up? I'll find out.

The under armor or sealskinz?
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby sharris » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 am

I'm not too happy right now with Avery neoprene gloves and would recommend you avoid them. The seams split.

sharris
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:21 am

sharris wrote:I'm not too happy right now with Avery neoprene gloves and would recommend you avoid them. The seams split.

It's Avery, you asked for it.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:25 am

Rick Hall wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:
Biggest problem, other than seeping through, I've had with insulated gloves like you're looking at is getting them on when my hands are already cold and/or wet. Such a pain that I wouldn't use them for quick wet work like taking ducks from the dog, which left me with even colder and wetter hands to try to jam in them at hunt's end.

That is it in a nut shell!!!, along with the glove soaking up every bit of moisture it comes in contact with.!!! I may just put on surgical gloves under my regular gloves, as I've done in the past, and continue using my crotch area as a hand warmer. :biggrin: This always sends the boys into hiding :lol3:

Get thee a couple of Zippo hand warmers. You and the boys will both be happier.

Woody and I were digging around in grandpas hunting room a couple of weeks ago and found what we believe to be some of those handwarmers you're taking about. What kind of fuel does it take?
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:28 am

Botiz630 wrote:
sharris wrote:I'm not too happy right now with Avery neoprene gloves and would recommend you avoid them. The seams split.

It's Avery, you asked for it.

Yep. Another company with similar sucky quality control is Drake. Consider yourself warned.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:28 am

zippo lighter fluid
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:48 am

Have only used 5 or 6 times, but so far I really like them better than anything I've tried. Seem to shoot as good or as bad with them on or with them off. I have a circulation problem in my hands and wear gloves when most people wouldn't and have not tried them in extreme cold. So far they are better than the 8 or 10 other pairs I own. I tried the zippo lighter thing and could never keep it lit. I either got a bad one or don't have the sense to work it.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... 07&tid=961
ibedamn
hunter

Postby ryanoutloud » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 pm

D Comeaux wrote:
ryanoutloud wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
Bill Herian wrote:Just move south and you won't need gloves.

Oh. Wait.

:lol3: :lol3: My hands just don't hold up like they used to. Especially when wet.

That's what I'm looking for. Ididn't see a camo pair, though? Not that It really matters.

I was looking at stuff like this. Pricing is the same. Just don't know of anyone that has tried a pair.

Under Armour Primer Camo Gloves

D, I bought these gloves before this season and have been very happy with them. I had never tried on a pair of gloves and thought " I gotta have those" until I tried these on. Like other UA gear, and Sitka Gear, they have a great fit without the bulk. I've had to dip my hand in the water when it was 30, and used them to build a snowman for the kiddos. The snow was dry so I had to mix in some water and on both the hunt and the snowman building I've stayed dry and warm. The question now is, how long will they hold up? I'll find out.

The under armor or sealskinz?

Under Armour Primer gloves
ryanoutloud
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:
Biggest problem, other than seeping through, I've had with insulated gloves like you're looking at is getting them on when my hands are already cold and/or wet. Such a pain that I wouldn't use them for quick wet work like taking ducks from the dog, which left me with even colder and wetter hands to try to jam in them at hunt's end.

That is it in a nut shell!!!, along with the glove soaking up every bit of moisture it comes in contact with.!!! I may just put on surgical gloves under my regular gloves, as I've done in the past, and continue using my crotch area as a hand warmer. :biggrin: This always sends the boys into hiding :lol3:

Woody and I were digging around in grandpas hunting room a couple of weeks ago and found what we believe to be some of those handwarmers you're taking about. What kind of fuel does it take?

Was just about to ask that question, but I am going to guess that it is just the zippo fuel.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:11 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:

Was just about to ask that question, but I am going to guess that it is just the zippo fuel.

I use a generic version of Coleman lantern and stove fuel that's a whole lot cheaper by the gallon than lighter fluid.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole