Lares vs DLC vs Echo vs RNT

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Lares vs DLC vs Echo vs RNT

Postby WestTNducks » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:38 am

I am looking to get a new call. Every year I swear I aint gonna buy anymore calls but here I am. I currently have on my lanyard a RNT New Old Style, Rolling Thunder BSOD, and an 8 year old Haydel's coacrylic. The BSOD i typically only bark and do hard feeds with but it works on days and conditions where a normal call won't. I love the Old Style, typically my go to call. Then the haydels... Its old nasty and been chewed up by the dog but it has called in more ducks for me than any other call. It has a unique sound that I personally dont like but those greenheads seem to think otherwise. I hunt a variety of places in West TN, from flooded bean, corn, rice fields to cypress breaks and buck brush swamps. I typically call pretty conservatively because I have seen more damage done from aggressive calling than good. I hunt with some but not heavy competition and over anywhere from 12 to 300 decoys.
The calls I am looking at are RNT Short Barrel or timber hawg, Echo Timber, Lares T-1 or hybrid, DLC QT or LT. Now that yal know everything about my hunting conditions ha. What are yal's thoughts on these calls. If you can, compare them from experience. Also open to more suggestions. I am only interested in one thing, what call will drop them red legs more often.
WestTNducks
hunter

Re: Lares vs DLC vs Echo vs RNT

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:42 am

They both suck. Primos wench is the best duck call on the market. :hammer:
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:43 am

Try the duck call forum, you'll get better answers.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby GomerPyle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Duck Dynasty Triple Threat, or GTFO
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Cliner » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:06 pm

I run a DLC LT and love it. The LT and Sinner are the only 2 duck calls on my lanyard. I have a quiet timber in acrylic, but I rarely call soft. The LT would suit you real well in the conditions you stated.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Ironically, the ppl I know who call ducks professionally (guides) have one call on their lanyards.
Not the same one but point is that you can kill ducks with one call.
The original is a good one to use.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:16 pm

That is ironic. I don't believe I know a guide who just carries one duck call.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:25 pm

WestTNducks wrote:I am looking to get a new call. Every year I swear I aint gonna buy anymore calls but here I am. I currently have on my lanyard a RNT New Old Style, Rolling Thunder BSOD, and an 8 year old Haydel's coacrylic. The BSOD i typically only bark and do hard feeds with but it works on days and conditions where a normal call won't. I love the Old Style, typically my go to call. Then the haydels... Its old nasty and been chewed up by the dog but it has called in more ducks for me than any other call. It has a unique sound that I personally dont like but those greenheads seem to think otherwise. I hunt a variety of places in West TN, from flooded bean, corn, rice fields to cypress breaks and buck brush swamps. I typically call pretty conservatively because I have seen more damage done from aggressive calling than good. I hunt with some but not heavy competition and over anywhere from 12 to 300 decoys.
The calls I am looking at are RNT Short Barrel or timber hawg, Echo Timber, Lares T-1 or hybrid, DLC QT or LT. Now that yal know everything about my hunting conditions ha. What are yal's thoughts on these calls. If you can, compare them from experience. Also open to more suggestions. I am only interested in one thing, what call will drop them red legs more often.

In all honestly its preference. I have Echo, Lares and RNT duck calls on my lanyard. There all 3 great call makers
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:33 pm

You are already killing ducks. Buy more shells and gas and go kill some ducks. You want a new call, you don't need it. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:54 pm

:sarcmark:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Hugatree » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:18 pm

No one here can help you. You have to help you. I would drive down to Stuttgart and spend some time with Butch. Let him help you find that just right call. Then, go to Sportsman's Inn and have one of those incredible cheeseburgers and an ice cold Budweiser made with AR rice. Then report back to us on your odyssey.
Super Elite Cubic Zirconia Geritol Pro Staff
Hugatree
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Hugatree wrote:No one here can help you. You have to help you. I would drive down to Stuttgart and spend some time with Butch. Let him help you find that just right call. Then, go to Sportsman's Inn and have one of those incredible cheeseburgers and an ice cold Budweiser made with AR rice. Then report back to us on your odyssey.

:thumbsup:
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole