Duck Hunting Forum banner

Poorly designed hunting regulations

2K views 55 replies 20 participants last post by  ScaupHunter 
#1 ·
Does your state have any poorly designed hunting regulations or any regulations designed specifically for writing tickets?
Mine is Arkansas: I noticed this Sweet 16 permit for Arkansas is kind of dumb. I got check for it 3 times this year. HIP registration i understand, but why would they give you a ticket if you didnt fill it out? Damn people at walmart dont know that you have to have it and you have to ask for it yourself usually.

I was reading this link

http://www.wildfowlmag.com/locked-out-r ... water.html
Made me sick to my stomach.

So what do you got?

#6 ·
The sweet sixteen permit is just a way for the state to have a list of ppl and which WMA they use. If the state has a question about the boat races at WMA (x) they can call hunters who actually hunt there and ask for possible solutions and ideas to manage the site better.
Seems like a great idea and I complied.

#7 ·
I GOT WHAT THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT! got the entire chesapeake bay in my back yard and only 5 or 6 places to hunt it due to blinds, both dummy blind and hunted blinds. nothing like scouting and everytime you see a decent spot holding birds, you look around and there is a blind within 500 yards.

#8 ·
ArkansasRobertson said:
Mine is Arkansas: I noticed this Sweet 16 permit for Arkansas is kind of dumb. I got check for it 3 times this year. HIP registration i understand, but why would they give you a ticket if you didnt fill it out?
So, it is free and takes only a few minutes to fill out, but you are still complaining? How much time do you spend on here each day? Ill bet it is more than the time it would take you to fill out the sweet 16 permit.

ArkansasRobertson said:
Damn people at walmart dont know that you have to have it and you have to ask for it yourself usually.
It's not the "damn people at walmart''s" responsiblity to know the hunting regulations, it is you, the hunters responsibility.

#13 ·
T Man said:
ArkansasRobertson said:
Mine is Arkansas: I noticed this Sweet 16 permit for Arkansas is kind of dumb. I got check for it 3 times this year. HIP registration i understand, but why would they give you a ticket if you didnt fill it out?
So, it is free and takes only a few minutes to fill out, but you are still complaining? How much time do you spend on here each day? Ill bet it is more than the time it would take you to fill out the sweet 16 permit.

ArkansasRobertson said:
Damn people at walmart dont know that you have to have it and you have to ask for it yourself usually.
It's not the "damn people at walmart''s" responsiblity to know the hunting regulations, it is you, the hunters responsibility.
Not everyone who starts hunting knows the regs. You ever take a new person hunting? Most likely they don't have everything addressed from the state regs.

#18 ·
ArkansasRobertson said:
T Man said:
ArkansasRobertson said:

ArkansasRobertson said:
Not everyone who starts hunting knows the regs. You ever take a new person hunting? Most likely they don't have everything addressed from the state regs.
It is the hunters responsibility to know and follow all federal and state regulations. I told my daughter who is 14 if she doesn't know them she cant go. I gave her the updated regs and quiz her on them.

#19 ·
ArkansasRobertson said:
Tman, Botiz, WhiffingWeiner, and Ohioduck5 ... yall need to quit putting bs comment on every post i put. Your moderators right? please shut my account down if you have to ability im tired of it
I am not a mod, and I don't think I have done what you say... I posted constructive criticism. You were looking for a bunch of pats on the back and didn't get it. Well, grow up.

#20 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
ArkansasRobertson said:
Tman, Botiz, WhiffingWeiner, and Ohioduck5 ... yall need to quit putting bs comment on every post i put. Your moderators right? please shut my account down if you have to ability im tired of it
I am not a mod, and I don't think I have done what you say... I posted constructive criticism. You were looking for a bunch of pats on the back and didn't get it. Well, grow up.
arkbob complains....

Constructive Criticism? My A**

yall are in a moderator gang and go around putting the regulars down... "stay off our site"

#21 ·
ArkansasRobertson said:
Stop trying to make this someone elses fault. If you dont know the regs, you hunt at your own risk of punishment for breaking them. It's not like they are hidden, it just takes some reading.

I can't deactivate your account, but you can and no one is stopping you from doing that.

#22 ·
T Man said:
ArkansasRobertson said:
Stop trying to make this someone elses fault. If you dont know the regs, you hunt at your own risk of punishment for breaking them. It's not like they are hidden, it just takes some reading.

I can't deactivate your account, but you can and no one is stopping you from doing that.
How do you deactivate it?

#23 ·
ArkansasRobertson said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
ArkansasRobertson said:
arkbob complains....

Constructive Criticism? My A**

yall are in a moderator gang and go around putting the regulars down... "stay off our site"
Just a little fun added in doesn't make it an attack, bud, it is my way of keeping things fun and interesting... :thumbsup:

#24 ·
ArkansasRobertson said:
T Man said:
ArkansasRobertson said:

Well, you can

A) Quit posting
B) Look for it in the User CP

#25 ·
ArkansasRobertson said:
T Man said:
ArkansasRobertson said:

Stop logging in...

#26 ·
JuniorPre 360 said:
ArkansasRobertson said:
T Man said:
ArkansasRobertson said:

Stop logging in...
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.