Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby MarkM » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:57 pm

GomerPyle wrote:
MarkM wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban and his wife have feverishly denied that he would be leaving Alabama for any other head coaching job, but money speaks and reports linking Saban to the Texas Longhorns are gaining more and more steam.

Saban could make a boatload of money with the Longhorns, who are the richest program in the nation, and the reported 10-year, $100 million offer and equity in the Lonhorn Network could be an offer too great to pass up.

This is a lot of money if it's true


It is a lot of money, but the flaw in using that particular aspect to "prove" he's going, is

A) Alabama won't be "outbid" on him. There's enough money to match any offer he could conceivably get.
B) IF he did leave (again, I just don't see it happening), it wouldn't be about the money anyway...it would be about the "challenge" of rebuilding a program from the bottom up...and he's already clearly stated he's not interested in doing that. in his own words "I'm too old for that".

If I had to wager a bet on his future, career-wise, I'd say Nick Saban will coach 2-3 more years at Alabama, then retire.

That one is false. The football program at UT pays for the entire athletic program of the school. I believe I saw figures that the football program profits $75 Million dollars a year. That is the highest amount of ANY college football team, higher than the other top 4 combined.


[b][b]Actually it is NOT false....While Texas does turn the biggest profit, AL also turns a massive profit, and just like TX, it's enough to fund the rest of the Athletic Department, as a whole. Secondly, Bill Battle (AD at 'Bama) as well as the Univ president have both been quoted as having said "Nick Saban is the single greatest business investment the University has ever made". Whatever ANY other school (or pro team) offered Saban, rest assured UA would match/exceed it.
[/b][/b]
By the way, the reason TX is at the top of the Profit Margin list is due largely to the Longhorn Network. the problem is that is a HUGE commitment on the coach's part and one that Saban would not deal with well at all (see his typical attitude toward media in general for evidence).

By my math, Texas profits about $78 million. Alabama profits around $45 million. So how would they be able to match it? The pay for the coach has to come from the budget allotted to the athletic program, which is the money they profit basically.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX


Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:01 pm

There's no guarantee the Gov Perry's boys will cough up that money. If it came down to it bama could match any offer they want to.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 13159
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:04 pm

MarkM wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:
MarkM wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban and his wife have feverishly denied that he would be leaving Alabama for any other head coaching job, but money speaks and reports linking Saban to the Texas Longhorns are gaining more and more steam.

Saban could make a boatload of money with the Longhorns, who are the richest program in the nation, and the reported 10-year, $100 million offer and equity in the Lonhorn Network could be an offer too great to pass up.

This is a lot of money if it's true


It is a lot of money, but the flaw in using that particular aspect to "prove" he's going, is

A) Alabama won't be "outbid" on him. There's enough money to match any offer he could conceivably get.
B) IF he did leave (again, I just don't see it happening), it wouldn't be about the money anyway...it would be about the "challenge" of rebuilding a program from the bottom up...and he's already clearly stated he's not interested in doing that. in his own words "I'm too old for that".

If I had to wager a bet on his future, career-wise, I'd say Nick Saban will coach 2-3 more years at Alabama, then retire.

That one is false. The football program at UT pays for the entire athletic program of the school. I believe I saw figures that the football program profits $75 Million dollars a year. That is the highest amount of ANY college football team, higher than the other top 4 combined.


[b][b]Actually it is NOT false....While Texas does turn the biggest profit, AL also turns a massive profit, and just like TX, it's enough to fund the rest of the Athletic Department, as a whole. Secondly, Bill Battle (AD at 'Bama) as well as the Univ president have both been quoted as having said "Nick Saban is the single greatest business investment the University has ever made". Whatever ANY other school (or pro team) offered Saban, rest assured UA would match/exceed it.
[/b][/b]
By the way, the reason TX is at the top of the Profit Margin list is due largely to the Longhorn Network. the problem is that is a HUGE commitment on the coach's part and one that Saban would not deal with well at all (see his typical attitude toward media in general for evidence).

By my math, Texas profits about $78 million. Alabama profits around $45 million. So how would they be able to match it? The pay for the coach has to come from the budget allotted to the athletic program, which is the money they profit basically.


when you're talking about the difference between $5M, $7M, $10M, etc....$45M profit vs $78M is really irrelevant...and guess what? If more money was needed in the budget to cover a salary increase, they'll just go to the Boosters for more money, and they'll get it. There are more than enough Super-Wealthy Alabama boosters to match anything Texas would throw at him.

But we're missing the original point here....it's not about the money. the man already makes more than he or his family could ever spend. IF he left (which he won't) it will be about the challenge, not the money
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
User avatar
GomerPyle
hunter
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL -- Memphis, TN

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:05 pm

If Satan leaves. All the recruits that commited would more than likely decommit. That would be a huge blow to them
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13115
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Texas has a lot of money...a lot. I am sure Bama would do the booster thing, just like June Jones at SMU.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6994
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Just read that Gomer already said that. Damnit.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6994
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 pm

But yes, Texas has more revenue than Bama.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6994
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby T-TOP » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:32 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:If Satan leaves. All the recruits that commited would more than likely decommit. That would be a huge blow to them

I hope some of the Louisiana recruits will decommit after he goes to TX. He has been killing us the last few years!!
User avatar
T-TOP
hunter
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:25 am
Location: S.W. Louisiana

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:43 pm

T-TOP wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:If Satan leaves. All the recruits that commited would more than likely decommit. That would be a huge blow to them

I hope some of the Louisiana recruits will decommit after he goes to TX. He has been killing us the last few years!!


That's no lie! He just made a clean sweep of the top ranked high school players here in Ouachita Parish.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5955
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:49 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
T-TOP wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:If Satan leaves. All the recruits that commited would more than likely decommit. That would be a huge blow to them

I hope some of the Louisiana recruits will decommit after he goes to TX. He has been killing us the last few years!!


That's no lie! He just made a clean sweep of the top ranked high school players here in Ouachita Parish.


Crap, I completely forgot that part...............AS WE SPEAK, the man is out recruiting his butt off for Alabama...you really think he'd be working so hard to get these players to go to Alabama if he wasn't going there? and before anyone tries to say something about "well, he's telling them to go to Texas because he's about to leave" or something like that, remember that we live in the Twitter age and that crap would be all over the internet before he got out of the driveway.

The man ain't leavin'......Deal with it. :biggrin:

Image
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
User avatar
GomerPyle
hunter
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL -- Memphis, TN

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm

I didn't think you could get a picture of Satan with out the camera exploding .
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13115
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby MarkM » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

GomerPyle wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
T-TOP wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:If Satan leaves. All the recruits that commited would more than likely decommit. That would be a huge blow to them

I hope some of the Louisiana recruits will decommit after he goes to TX. He has been killing us the last few years!!


That's no lie! He just made a clean sweep of the top ranked high school players here in Ouachita Parish.


Crap, I completely forgot that part...............AS WE SPEAK, the man is out recruiting his butt off for Alabama...you really think he'd be working so hard to get these players to go to Alabama if he wasn't going there? and before anyone tries to say something about "well, he's telling them to go to Texas because he's about to leave" or something like that, remember that we live in the Twitter age and that crap would be all over the internet before he got out of the driveway.

The man ain't leavin'......Deal with it. :biggrin:

Image


I bet he told his recruits at Michigan State the same thing, before he left them for LSU. Maybe he told the boys at LSU the same thing, right before he left for Miami.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:59 pm

I met him when he was at MSU. He was there to recruit my buddy. He's a bigger douche than most of the dog forum.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13115
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:01 pm

MarkM wrote:I bet he told his recruits at Michigan State the same thing, before he left them for LSU. Maybe he told the boys at LSU the same thing, right before he left for Miami.


I've already addressed that...now you can choose to believe or not believe it, there's really no point in debating that part. I, personally, believe him

GomerPyle wrote:And yes, I know he said something similar before leaving Miami to take the UA job. He's also gone on record, multiple times, about how much he regrets the way he handled that, and how he wishes he could go back and handle it differently.
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
User avatar
GomerPyle
hunter
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL -- Memphis, TN

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby T-TOP » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:04 pm

GomerPyle wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
T-TOP wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:If Satan leaves. All the recruits that commited would more than likely decommit. That would be a huge blow to them

I hope some of the Louisiana recruits will decommit after he goes to TX. He has been killing us the last few years!!


I know you hope you're right. But chances are as good that he leaves as stays. Money talks a BS walks! Texas has the money and the challenge of the program being down. 3-bcs titles 3-schools... Add to his legacy. The man has no loyalty to any school... It's money and then his legacy.... And if you look at it like that.. Texas is the place he will be. He will not have a problem walking out on Alabama if the deal is right.

That's no lie! He just made a clean sweep of the top ranked high school players here in Ouachita Parish.


Crap, I completely forgot that part...............AS WE SPEAK, the man is out recruiting his butt off for Alabama...you really think he'd be working so hard to get these players to go to Alabama if he wasn't going there? and before anyone tries to say something about "well, he's telling them to go to Texas because he's about to leave" or something like that, remember that we live in the Twitter age and that crap would be all over the internet before he got out of the driveway.

The man ain't leavin'......Deal with it. :biggrin:

Image
User avatar
T-TOP
hunter
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:25 am
Location: S.W. Louisiana

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby MarkM » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:04 pm

GomerPyle wrote:
MarkM wrote:I bet he told his recruits at Michigan State the same thing, before he left them for LSU. Maybe he told the boys at LSU the same thing, right before he left for Miami.


I've already addressed that...now you can choose to believe or not believe it, there's really no point in debating that part. I, personally, believe him

GomerPyle wrote:And yes, I know he said something similar before leaving Miami to take the UA job. He's also gone on record, multiple times, about how much he regrets the way he handled that, and how he wishes he could go back and handle it differently.

I wouldn't mind if he came to Texas and issued the same apology :thumbsup:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:07 pm

He's not going anywhere folks. He can do no wrong at Bama. For God sakes they have a statue of him.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13115
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:08 pm

MarkM wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:
MarkM wrote:I bet he told his recruits at Michigan State the same thing, before he left them for LSU. Maybe he told the boys at LSU the same thing, right before he left for Miami.


I've already addressed that...now you can choose to believe or not believe it, there's really no point in debating that part. I, personally, believe him

GomerPyle wrote:And yes, I know he said something similar before leaving Miami to take the UA job. He's also gone on record, multiple times, about how much he regrets the way he handled that, and how he wishes he could go back and handle it differently.

I wouldn't mind if he came to Texas and issued the same apology :thumbsup:


:lol3: no doubt...anyone would be glad to have him...I'm just glad he's ours and not yours and I hope it stays that way
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
User avatar
GomerPyle
hunter
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:18 pm
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL -- Memphis, TN

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Easy with the satan stuff. No one is a bigger liar than urban crier. Really. Who is low enough to fake an illness just to get out of a job?
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 13159
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:52 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Easy with the satan stuff. No one is a bigger liar than urban crier. Really. Who is low enough to fake an illness just to get out of a job?

Maybe. But I've never met Meyer

I hate geese
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13115
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:56 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Easy with the satan stuff. No one is a bigger liar than urban crier. Really. Who is low enough to fake an illness just to get out of a job?

I hear Ohio state has meyer on suicide watch... maybe I shouldn't have sent him a pack of razor blades... :oops:
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
User avatar
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: Do you really have to ask?

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby TXducksanddeer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:33 pm

I hope we get Saban.
It probably won't happen. These rumors have been going around for months now.
If he wants to get more of a challenge he'd go but it's not looking like that right now. He's like 60 years old. That said it could be real easy to turn texas into the #1 team.
I also doubt that art briles will go to texas. He is in love with that Baylor team. If nick Saban did leave for texas I would bet bama would pick him up. He'd be stupid to refuse.
User avatar
TXducksanddeer
hunter
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am
Location: Waco TX

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby David » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:49 am

ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 am

David wrote:http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2013/12/11/5199830/source-nick-saban-signs-contract-with-texas

or you could believe

http://jukeleft.com/nick-saban-to-coach ... xt-season/



I don't think he can turn down 11 bazillion dollars. how many zeros would that be??
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13115
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Ok Bama Fans. What is the Truth

Postby quackattack1991 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 pm

TexasPuddleJumper wrote:I tend not to listen to the chit-stirring media anymore. Both Saban himself, and oficialls from both universities have said that coach Nick is staying in Alabama where he belongs. Honestly, all of the articles that you are reading that talk of him leaving are probably written by wishful texas alumni.

Sent via smoke signal


Wait, so Nick Saban is saying that he WILL stay somewhere? I feel like I have heard that one before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z9yhD28P3M
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
User avatar
quackattack1991
hunter
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: South Central Kansas

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 27 guests