9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby HUNT24/7 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Like the title says! Great hunt!!!
User avatar
HUNT24/7
hunter
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: N.B Canada


Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby Frylock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Great video.
User avatar
Frylock
hunter
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:48 am

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:04 pm

It's nice to see the waterfowl mafias making their way back. Go team.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8657
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Video was pretty good, but the commentary was a little too Canadian for my taste.
I need about tree fiddy.
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16952
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Pffffft! That's nothing. I shot 5 limits yesterday and I didn't even have to wait for the corn to grow. Didn't have time for video though since they were coming in so fast.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6106
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:39 am

What about bush hogged corn?
Nobody cares about your season totals.
User avatar
MinnesotaDan
hunter
 
Posts: 4506
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:33 am
Location: Out Here

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby macdaddy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:38 am

Wow!

Were the deer sausages cooking through the whole video? Think I heard the sizzle all the way through! :grooving: :grooving: :grooving:


"Keep your stick on the ice!" Red Green
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:18 am
Location: Mercer/Lawrence Co's. W. Pa

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:53 am

Nice job man!
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 8654
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby Dep6 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:16 am

Well done!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
User avatar
Dep6
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6677
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:17 pm
Location: GA

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby JCraig12 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:29 am

Looks like you guys still have plenty of birds up there! Not much left down here except for whats on the coast. Nice work.
2014 season
Duck- 42
Geese- 13
JCraig12
hunter
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 pm
Location: Eastport, ME/Milford, ME

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:42 am

With that many people, what happens if you guys shoot a banded duck? Who gets it?
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2895
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby Underradar » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:02 am

That was the worst calling I ever heard. I guess its ok for Canada and dumb ducks.

It is illegal here to hunt a partially harvested field.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby NCfowl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:44 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:With that many people, what happens if you guys shoot a banded duck? Who gets it?



Draw straws or with 9 have to draw PVC pieces? :huh:
NCfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 am

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby Boatman » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:22 pm

I don't see any corn on those stalks, is that hand picked corn, or are the cobs all in the decoys! :huh: You guys ever hunt anywhere that's not borderline baiting. Good vid though.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
User avatar
Boatman
hunter
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Atlantic

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby HUNT24/7 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:28 am

We draw a name from a hat for bands
Yup! Sausage was sizzling the whole time! :thumbsup:
3 of the callers are beginners, we are just joe blow waterfowl hunters, what do you expect…
Pure Canadian commentary eh! Lol!
Appreciate the comments!
User avatar
HUNT24/7
hunter
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: N.B Canada

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby Troutslayer » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:34 am

HUNT24/7 wrote:We draw a name from a hat for bands
Yup! Sausage was sizzling the whole time! :thumbsup:
3 of the callers are beginners, we are just joe blow waterfowl hunters, what do you expect…
Pure Canadian commentary eh! Lol!
Appreciate the comments!


You don't have to lie to us, we know you were blowing that kazoo. Are you like a real mafia that whacks people and sells drugs and hookers? Or is this more of a barrel sticker type of mafia?
User avatar
Troutslayer
hunter
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:43 am
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby The Pas Swamp Donkey » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:44 am

"Mafia" sounds cooler than "herring chokers" or "fiddleheads" :biggrin:

I can smell the jealousy in the air. Better not let them know that the duck season runs from September to February , or the crying may begin in earnest.
A GOOD PLUMBER DOESN'T BLAME HIS TOOLS
User avatar
The Pas Swamp Donkey
hunter
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:29 pm

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby TXducksanddeer » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:50 am

That's awesome!
User avatar
TXducksanddeer
hunter
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am
Location: Waco TX

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby hydrilla » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:33 am

Underradar wrote:That was the worst calling I ever heard. I guess its ok for Canada and dumb ducks.

It is illegal here to hunt a partially harvested field.


That is not true at all. As long as the corn was harvested per normal agricultural practices, and the portion left standing has not been manipulated it would be perfectly legal to hunt it here in the States. Harvested crops are perfectly legal to hunt. Manipulated crops are not. There is a difference. I don't think you can determine from his video whether that field would be legal or not.
hydrilla
hunter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby Fatback » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Troutslayer wrote:
HUNT24/7 wrote:We draw a name from a hat for bands
Yup! Sausage was sizzling the whole time! :thumbsup:
3 of the callers are beginners, we are just joe blow waterfowl hunters, what do you expect…
Pure Canadian commentary eh! Lol!
Appreciate the comments!


You don't have to lie to us, we know you were blowing that kazoo. Are you like a real mafia that whacks people and sells drugs and hookers? Or is this more of a barrel sticker type of mafia?


Going to have to say these guys are from my Province, and they seem like solid guys. They are not the dreaded "pro" staffers with stickers on their guns and trying force their products down your throats. They are more into introducing people to the sport , taking them out (women, veterans, kids)...I'm pretty sure they don't have any sponsorship at all, other then maybe getting some bulk pricing on shells from a family run sports store. I've seen on their Facebook page that they are going to schools showing kids calling, the gear used, and how they train their dogs...pretty cool in my books, but i might be bias as i have three kids. I know guys that pile birds like them and don't take the extra effort to do those other things...let alone record and edit their hunts. Thinks I smell the jealousy over a group of guys that can BBQ some deer sausages while shooting a bunch of ducks, taking out some newbies and still videoing/editing on their own dime.

Keep up the Videos !




Sent from the smoker
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
User avatar
Fatback
hunter
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 am
Location: N.B. Canada

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby HUNT24/7 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Fatback wrote:
Troutslayer wrote:
HUNT24/7 wrote:We draw a name from a hat for bands
Yup! Sausage was sizzling the whole time! :thumbsup:
3 of the callers are beginners, we are just joe blow waterfowl hunters, what do you expect…
Pure Canadian commentary eh! Lol!
Appreciate the comments!


You don't have to lie to us, we know you were blowing that kazoo. Are you like a real mafia that whacks people and sells drugs and hookers? Or is this more of a barrel sticker type of mafia?


Going to have to say these guys are from my Province, and they seem like solid guys. They are not the dreaded "pro" staffers with stickers on their guns and trying force their products down your throats. They are more into introducing people to the sport , taking them out (women, veterans, kids)...I'm pretty sure they don't have any sponsorship at all, other then maybe getting some bulk pricing on shells from a family run sports store. I've seen on their Facebook page that they are going to schools showing kids calling, the gear used, and how they train their dogs...pretty cool in my books, but i might be bias as i have three kids. I know guys that pile birds like them and don't take the extra effort to do those other things...let alone record and edit their hunts. Thinks I smell the jealousy over a group of guys that can BBQ some deer sausages while shooting a bunch of ducks, taking out some newbies and still videoing/editing on their own dime.

Keep up the Videos !




Sent from the smoker



Thanks Fatback! Glad you have the ability to look past the name & see what really matters! :thumbsup:
User avatar
HUNT24/7
hunter
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: N.B Canada

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:00 pm

If your going to make these video`s try to get some closer and clearer video. I don't enjoy looking at corn stalks and barely getting to see the shot.
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 14572
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby t_baker » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:47 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:If your going to make these video`s try to get some closer and clearer video. I don't enjoy looking at corn stalks and barely getting to see the shot.


That is the glory of a Go-pro, OG. Everything looks 3 miles away.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8240
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: 9 Man Limit Of Ducks In The Standing Corn!

Postby Underradar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 pm

hydrilla wrote:
Underradar wrote:That was the worst calling I ever heard. I guess its ok for Canada and dumb ducks.

It is illegal here to hunt a partially harvested field.


That is not true at all. As long as the corn was harvested per normal agricultural practices, and the portion left standing has not been manipulated it would be perfectly legal to hunt it here in the States. Harvested crops are perfectly legal to hunt. Manipulated crops are not. There is a difference. I don't think you can determine from his video whether that field would be legal or not.
Read the regulations.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA


Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests