Road Rage

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: Road Rage

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:37 pm

We were convoying on a drill weekend to the east side of Washington. A car full of teenage boys decided to start playing games with the convoy. They were weaving between the trucks at 80. the tail elements called ahead by radio. My platoon boxed the car in with our trucks and closed it tight enough the car couldn't go anywhere. We kept those boys stuck while doing 55 mph for miles. The driver was cussing and swearing at the truck next to him the whole time. When we finally hit an exit he goes tearing off to get ahead of us. Another platoon caught them coming up the on ramp and blocked them in. It was quite aways to another off ramp since we were going over a pass. They pulled off at the next off ramp. We didn't see them again after that for some reason. :lol3:
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Broken Paddle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Driving home from work in the late 80s, I had a woman riding my bumper,I thought she was on a tow bar, I was running 10 over the limit. I tapped the brakes, she did not back off! For some reason, on a straight stretch of road I was in 3rd gear, with the tache. in optimum torque range, a squirrle ran in front of me! I stuffed the brakes, saw smoke come off the tires as I floored the gas, saw her eyes get the size of dinner plates as I pulled away. She stayed 10 car lengths behind me after that! I laughed! :thumbsup:

By the way, this was in a 1968 122 Volvo wagon, with HUGE tires, 225/70/15,on Chrysler wheels, not the stock 185/85/15.
Broken Paddle
hunter

Location: Fomerly in Riverton, CT Now wandering spaceship Earth

Postby steelshotslayer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Broken Paddle wrote:Driving home from work in the late 80s, I had a woman riding my bumper,I thought she was on a tow bar, I was running 10 over the limit. I tapped the brakes, she did not back off! For some reason, on a straight stretch of road I was in 3rd gear, with the tache. in optimum torque range, a squirrle ran in front of me! I stuffed the brakes, saw smoke come off the tires as I floored the gas, saw her eyes get the size of dinner plates as I pulled away. She stayed 10 car lengths behind me after that! I laughed! :thumbsup:

By the way, this was in a 1968 122 Volvo wagon, with HUGE tires, 225/70/15,on Chrysler wheels, not the stock 185/85/15.

Reading this reminded me of one that happened to me. I drive fast like 10-15 over no matter what its just the way I drive well I have a Jeep Wrangler. One this one day the nut is riding my bumper so close you can't see his head lights I politely tap the brakes he doesn't back off. I slow down he doesn't pass me. I even down shifted and slammed on the brakes buddy got right back on my bumper by this time I was ill so I took the dip out of my mouth tossed it up between the roll bars when it landed on his windshield he decided it was time to get off my butt.
Every day thousands of innocent plants are killed. Help stem the violence. Eat ducks
steelshotslayer
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:25 pm

was only a witness to the crime and wish i wasnt there at all as i could have gotten in some serious shite but my friend was driving and it was one of those places where people want to fly down the left lane until just bfore it ends then cut you off. Well some guy tried it and my buddy wasnt giving in on the merge. guy gets in gravel swirves behind us, proceeds to get up along side us and starts yelling the pull over tough guy stuff. My friend is 250 and 6'3 but driving a colt so he looked tiny. well my friend pulled over, the guy runs up to his driver door and just about the time he gets there cussing the whole way, my friend steps out and in one fluid motion floored the dude with one beastly hammer of a right. got back in the car and drove off. I still remember laughing my ass off as i see this guy laid out cold turkey on on the side of the road. Again, i did not instigate it, nor condone it. was kind of in shock that it was going down.

had another friend that was wild as crap and we had some guy pull up yelling and the guy with me opens the glove box and pulled out a pistol and started waving it at the other vehicle. That one scared the crap out of me and i never rode anywhere with him again. some people seem like the nicest people in the world until they get behind a wheel and then they go Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde.
lbhansford
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:45 pm

one of my jobs way back in the day between highschool and college was delivering auto parts around to local shops. driving all the time, i often encountered bad drivers, tailgaters etc. the tailgaters really bothered me. the car i drove had rear wipers so i moved the washer fluid jet on the back windshield to point straight back. that way whenever i had a tailgater i could hit the back windshield washer jet and shoot washer fluid at them. i always said i was gonna piss in the washer fluid reservoir but i never actually took it that far.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Frylock » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:47 pm

There was this one time I was drivin' down the highway and I was like really mad.....Grrrr!
Nah, I never get too worked up while I'm behind the wheel, like a lot guys have pointed out there are some psychos out there who wouldn't give a second thought to hurting you.
Frylock
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:51 pm

I watched a woman brake check a state trooper running code on 696 on my way back from a fly fishing show in metro Detroit one February. Life did not go well for her that day....
FinnLandR
hunter

Postby Bunker » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:i freekin love seeing road rage. it makes me laugh. earlier tonight i was driving home from the university, and i was at a spot where 2 lanes drop to one. major whizzin contest with the two vehicles behind me fighting to gain the lead over the other as the lane dropped. this was in traffic too so nobody was going anywhere fast, anyway. one pulled up next to the other against oncoming traffic at this point, rolled down the window and started muthaeffing the other one. i was dying laughing. he was yellin get out the car if youre so tough you big effin poozy etc and all that. cracks me up every time.

you ever see any real good road rage?? post up. or dont, you bahhhstud

Yeah I have seen real good road rage, I've ridden with you!!! Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?! Or whatever politically correct term is used nowadays for the color of a kettle.

Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
Bunker
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:41 pm

Bunker wrote:Yeah I have seen real good road rage, I've ridden with you!!! Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?! Or whatever politically correct term is used nowadays for the color of a kettle.

man, ive mellowed out with age.
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Bunker » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:
Bunker wrote:Yeah I have seen real good road rage, I've ridden with you!!! Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?! Or whatever politically correct term is used nowadays for the color of a kettle.

man, ive mellowed out with age.

If thats what you have to tell yourself so you can sleep at night... :)

Bunker
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:59 am

FinnLandR wrote:I watched a woman brake check a state trooper running code on 696 on my way back from a fly fishing show in metro Detroit one February. Life did not go well for her that day....

It should've. I hate cops who tailgate.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole