Unincorporated areas

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Unincorporated areas

Postby Mike McRae » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Hello everyone. I have read this site for a long time but this is my first post. Do any of you do any duck or goose hunting in unincorporated areas (Illinois) of the Des Plaines or maybe Fox or Kankakee rivers? The legality is my main concern. I can't find anything on the DNR site and nobody answers the phone at the DNR office. I just want to try something new.
I currently hunt mainly the Kankakee and Fox rivers. Also, I belong to a club which is not too productive for waterfowl. Thanks in advance.
Mike McRae
hunter

Re: Unincorporated areas

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Try the state forum or send a PM to Aunt Betty he might be able to help you
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Try the state forum or send a PM to Aunt Betty he might be able to help you

You silly S.O.B.!!!!!

You wasted your 9000 on answering a scouter.

Disappointed.....
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:38 pm

GTFO.

So disappointed OG

I hate geese
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Did`nt even notice that :lol3: And sending him to AB isn't really being helpful
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:52 pm

AB is good people. Truthfully if he knows the answer I am sure he will help the guy out.
t_baker
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Mike McRae wrote:Hello everyone. I have read this site for a long time but this is my first post. Do any of you do any duck or goose hunting in unincorporated areas (Illinois) of the Des Plaines or maybe Fox or Kankakee rivers? The legality is my main concern. I can't find anything on the DNR site and nobody answers the phone at the DNR office. I just want to try something new.
I currently hunt mainly the Kankakee and Fox rivers. Also, I belong to a club which is not too productive for waterfowl. Thanks in advance.

:welcome:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby Mike McRae » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Well I wouldn't really consider myself a "scouter". I have 3 blinds and know all three rivers in question and know where the birds are on them. What I am asking is regarding the legality of it because I have heard many different angles of the story such as guys getting tickets and guys being able to hunt it. I just want to make sure I'm legal. Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact I would call it being responsible I don't want you to tell me your secret spot. Don't worry lol.
Mike McRae
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Honestly if AB knows about it he will help you
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Mike McRae wrote:Well I wouldn't really consider myself a "scouter". I have 3 blinds and know all three rivers in question and know where the birds are on them. What I am asking is regarding the legality of it because I have heard many different angles of the story such as guys getting tickets and guys being able to hunt it. I just want to make sure I'm legal. Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact I would call it being responsible I don't want you to tell me your secret spot. Don't worry lol.

Dude I was just giving OG a hard time. Nothing wrong IMO with what you posted.
t_baker
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Mike McRae wrote:Well I wouldn't really consider myself a "scouter". I have 3 blinds and know all three rivers in question and know where the birds are on them. What I am asking is regarding the legality of it because I have heard many different angles of the story such as guys getting tickets and guys being able to hunt it. I just want to make sure I'm legal. Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact I would call it being responsible I don't want you to tell me your secret spot. Don't worry lol.

PM riverrat47 he may be able to help.
He is retired from the IL. DNR. :thumbsup:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby Underradar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:13 pm

You should pay a lawyer.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:19 pm

Mike, as someone who is relative "fresh meat" on here and in the HH, take everything said here in the HH with a grain of salt. We are semi helpful, but the ribbing is all in jest and good fun. You'll catch on pretty quick. Also :welcome:

Sent via smoke signal
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:55 am

It's not just where it is unincorporated, it's where is it private vs. public. The way I understand it, is if a river is deemed navigable, then you can drop anchor just about anywhere. If it isn't, then it may not be a completely public waterway, someone may own the bottom. You can't drop your anchor or decoy weights on someone's property. Best bet is to get a map, go to the DNR office, and start pointing out spots to the officer. I've had to do this for several spots.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:05 am

Unincorporated in my area means the Sherriff and State Game Wardens regulate the law there. If it is public land and far enough away from a home you can hunt there legitimately. Instead of asking a bunch of guys who may be clueless, get online and look up your state laws. There will be a state website that has them referenced out and searchable. Look up the access and hunting laws. Read the pertinent sections. If you are still trying to understand what they mean, I am sure Underradar will be happy to let you pay him to interpret.

Make sure to send a spider with the payment. He loves them! :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:07 am

Underradar wrote:You should pay a lawyer.

You know any good ones?
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Mike McRae » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks a lot for the replys.
Mike McRae
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Underradar wrote:You should pay a lawyer.

You know any good ones?

\
not likely. :lol3:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole