Question for guys that lease

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Question for guys that lease

Postby possumfoot » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:30 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
jkm wrote:I work my ass off at two jobs to pay for it thats why I don't have time to sit around posting all the time. I really appreciate your posting up. You helped me realize that 10K is a great deal so my family and friends don't have to deal with losers like yourself. Thanks again.

You're not to smart are you?

How about this... learn to scout and ask for permission it will save you thousands and get you better hunting. That is why 10K is crazy talk, plus I honestly find the "lease" (sounds like a duck club in this case) type of guy to be as much of a hunter as a PETA member. You're lazy and you don't want to do any work yourself, worse yet you get on the interwebs to flaunt about how much you spend. When you get an answer you don't like you attack it's source like a pathetic liberal. :thumbsup:

watch your mouth woody.. :biggrin:

different areas require different stratagys..

some areas, you have 2 options.. spend money on a lease, or hunt over crowded public land that is marginal.. believe it or not, in some areas, asking permission is a thing of the past..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:36 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:10 grand is great for hunting LA or AR in my opinion. Look up Neupamba club in NC, buy in is like 100,000 and who knows how much per year. Word at the boat dock is it is worth it though. Limits everyday and lodge is a mansion.

There are a handful of clubs here in UT that are in the neighborhood of $30,000-$40,000 to join and then about $5,000 in annual dues. The thing I like about them (aside from prime locations that hold thousands of birds) is most of the clubs here only allow hunting 3 days per week and they rotate which areas get hunted each week so some spots sit untouched for days, so the pressure is very light. But yes, it is expensive.

If you bought into a club at that price at 40 and hunted until you are 75, you would spend 215K. For that price you could buy about 30 acres of land put in dikes and a well. Best of all it would be yours, so pressure would be as light as you want. Plus it is an investment.

Woody- the key difference between being a member of a club here and owning the land myself is land ownership puts maintainence of the land squarely on my shoulders. I'm not a farmer, nor do I want to be. I want to go to work and do what I'm good at so I can pay somebody that is skilled at maintaining land in such a way that it draws waterfowl in large numbers. The clubs here are maintained by a full-time staff who keep the blinds and pits in tip top shape, plant corn and grain, build and maintain dikes and impoundments. Each of the clubs I've looked into have an amazing club house, private boat docks and the blinds are spread so far apart you never see another guy when you hunt. Buying a membership into a club here is also an investment, as more and more pressure gets put on public WMAs, the price of buying into a club has gone up annually (other than 2008-2009 when the economy tanked) since the clubs' inception.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 pm

possumfoot wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
jkm wrote:I work my ass off at two jobs to pay for it thats why I don't have time to sit around posting all the time. I really appreciate your posting up. You helped me realize that 10K is a great deal so my family and friends don't have to deal with losers like yourself. Thanks again.

You're not to smart are you?

How about this... learn to scout and ask for permission it will save you thousands and get you better hunting. That is why 10K is crazy talk, plus I honestly find the "lease" (sounds like a duck club in this case) type of guy to be as much of a hunter as a PETA member. You're lazy and you don't want to do any work yourself, worse yet you get on the interwebs to flaunt about how much you spend. When you get an answer you don't like you attack it's source like a pathetic liberal. :thumbsup:

watch your mouth woody.. :biggrin:

I was messing with that guy, like I said to Spinner, duck hunting is for fun... do whatever is fun for you.

By now I figured everyone knew that most of what I say is to be taken with a grain of salt. I am usually just messing around.

possumfoot wrote:different areas require different stratagys..

some areas, you have 2 options.. spend money on a lease, or hunt over crowded public land that is marginal.. believe it or not, in some areas, asking permission is a thing of the past...

That is a sad fact, it gets harder every day to find a farmer willing to give permission for free.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:42 pm

[/quote]
That is a sad fact, it gets harder every day to find a farmer willing to give permission for free.[/quote]
Agreed. A strong back during the summer and cooking good food for them during the season is what gets me spots, manners help too.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:10 grand is great for hunting LA or AR in my opinion. Look up Neupamba club in NC, buy in is like 100,000 and who knows how much per year. Word at the boat dock is it is worth it though. Limits everyday and lodge is a mansion.

There are a handful of clubs here in UT that are in the neighborhood of $30,000-$40,000 to join and then about $5,000 in annual dues. The thing I like about them (aside from prime locations that hold thousands of birds) is most of the clubs here only allow hunting 3 days per week and they rotate which areas get hunted each week so some spots sit untouched for days, so the pressure is very light. But yes, it is expensive.

If you bought into a club at that price at 40 and hunted until you are 75, you would spend 215K. For that price you could buy about 30 acres of land put in dikes and a well. Best of all it would be yours, so pressure would be as light as you want. Plus it is an investment.

Woody- the key difference between being a member of a club here and owning the land myself is land ownership puts maintainence of the land squarely on my shoulders. I'm not a farmer, nor do I want to be. I want to go to work and do what I'm good at so I can pay somebody that is skilled at maintaining land in such a way that it draws waterfowl in large numbers. The clubs here are maintained by a full-time staff who keep the blinds and pits in tip top shape, plant corn and grain, build and maintain dikes and impoundments. Each of the clubs I've looked into have an amazing club house, private boat docks and the blinds are spread so far apart you never see another guy when you hunt. Buying a membership into a club here is also an investment, as more and more pressure gets put on public WMAs, the price of buying into a club has gone up annually (other than 2008-2009 when the economy tanked) since the clubs' inception.

Fair enough, I guess it is a different mind set. I don't mean to insult anybody, but I get more out of the hunt if I put the work in to get there. For me it is not about killing birds, it is about hunting them. If i wanted to shot my shotgun and that was it, clays are pretty cheap. But like I said, it is all for fun and do whatever brings you joy.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby BurnettGunner » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Where I used to hunt in Southeast Louisiana there was no such thing as public land. Every last stump and mudpile from New Orleans to Venice was staked as claim by someone. You had to lease a 50 acre patch of knee deep swamp grass for $2500, to hunt at all. Of course you always had the option to hunt the 1/4 square mile of public land for the entire state's worth of public hunters.
Usually we just outlawed but you had to be quick about picking up decoys or you would get attacked by an oysterman driving his boat with one hand and shooting a 12 ga. with a shepherd's crook with the other.

*Side note: 8k is fine for a lease like you are talking about. Some years we would pay 5-6k/boat for roughly 500 acres in 6-7 different spots.
BurnettGunner
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:53 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

Fair enough, I guess it is a different mind set. I don't mean to insult anybody, but I get more out of the hunt if I put the work in to get there. For me it is not about killing birds, it is about hunting them. If i wanted to shot my shotgun and that was it, clays are pretty cheap. But like I said, it is all for fun and do whatever brings you joy.

The truth is, I love to scout. I spend more time scouting than I do actual hunting. I love to get out and find myself in areas I've never been before. There is sooooooo much public land in UT for waterfowl hunting that if you will put in the time, you can and will find birds. And like you, if I go out for a hunt and don't shoot any birds, I've still had an enjoyable time, but let's be honest, we hunt with hopes that we will kill.
Hunting a club doesn't mean there are ducks tethered to a sage brush by their foot and you drive out into a pasture in a heated truck and shoot them out the window. The main difference I've noted in my very, very limited experience with clubs is the scouting part is removed. You still need to get up early, know how to set a decoy spread, call and shoot straight, but the most appealing factor is you're not hunting overly pressured birds with guys set-up right on top of you.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Willie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:55 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:Wrong side of the bed for the last few days Woody?

Woody's going to have a stroke soon...mark my words. Dude needs to chillax...
Willie
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Willie wrote:

If I was anymore chill right now, I would be asleep.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Willie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:05 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Willie wrote:

Okay...just looking out for you.
Willie
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Willie wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Willie wrote:

Okay...just looking out for you.

I appreciate that :beer:
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:08 pm

images[1].jpg
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:10 pm

D Comeaux wrote:
images[1].jpg

I tried those, didn't work...

10 deep breaths and a woosah.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:12 pm

D Comeaux wrote:
images[1].jpg

Good call, D. I've noted that Woody's moodiness is cyclic.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
images[1].jpg

What you all are mistaking for moodiness is ITALIAN Passion.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Dang it! I am sick of all this anti eyetie bs. :sarcmark:
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
images[1].jpg

he better get over it by Saturday. Or I'm going to drown him not Titz
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big ol' pistol
I mean .50 caliber made by badazz Hebrews
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Drown 'em both. Would be anti-Italian to drown titz and not drown woody, too.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:26 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
images[1].jpg

What you all are mistaking for moodiness is ITALIAN Passion.

What is it with you ethnic types, using background as an excuse for marginal behavior?
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Drown 'em both. Would be anti-Italian to drown titz and not drown woody, too.

I don' t want to be racist. I'll drown them both.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Drown 'em both. Would be anti-Italian to drown titz and not drown woody, too.

That doesn't even make sense.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:32 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:

Don't argue with Rick.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:33 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:

Yes it does and I'm willing to donate some money to the cause. Let me know your fee, Ohio.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:

Yes it does and I'm willing to donate some money to the cause. Let me know your fee, Ohio.

This is a free public service.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:36 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:

This is a free public service.

:lol3:
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole