Son's first mallard

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Son's first mallard

Postby jkm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Got off work this morning and was driving home when my phone went off. My 15 yr.old son killed his first mallard. My dad said he was sitting there sipping coffee and the joker slipped in on them. He said my son shot once and down he went. I hate I was not there to see it, but at least his grandpa was. Mydad said as he sat there sipping coffee and watching the sunrise he could not remember a much better place to be. It was the only duck of the morning, but my son said it made his whole season. Take a kid as much as you can.
jkm
hunter

Re: Son's first mallard

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Nice job. Tell him congrats

I H8 geese

#1 Duck Dynasty fan
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Very nice :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks for sharing.
Your son will never forget this. :thumbsup:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Good for him!
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby COYOTE JLR » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Congrats! That first duck is a heck of an experience. He's lucky to have men in his family who want to be out there with him.
COYOTE JLR
hunter

Postby Fatback » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:02 pm

That's awesome !

Sent from the smoker
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
Fatback
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Congrats to your boy!
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby jkm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks to all for the words. If you get a chance to take a kid duck hunting by all means do it. My son was raised up deer hunting because around our farm there are no ducks. I took him on a youth duck hunt a few years ago and I could not believe how much he
took to it. He talked about it non-stop and I could barely get him back in a deer stand. It seemed like a good idea to lay off the deer and focus on the ducks. It was a great decision. Being able to interact and socialize with your group makes it way better than deer hunting. If you can take a kid deer hunting that is good too, but as all of you know duck hunting is way better.
jkm
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole