Duck Dynasty

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Duck Dynasty

Postby assateague » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:27 pm

I figured with the exposure they've given the hobby of duck hunting, it'd be a good idea to have a thread to discuss what y'all think they've done for the sport, good or bad.

Personally, I love the show.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby rank duck » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 pm

This is a great topic! One I've hoped to see discussed for some time now.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby BurnettGunner » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:30 pm

I have never really thought of their influence on duck hunting, but now that you mention it...
BurnettGunner
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 pm

I thought it was causing too many idiots at first. I then got off my high horse and decided to help the newbies. None of us were great duck hunters when we started, and some of us still suck at it.

The show is the only thing on TV that does not cross the line, and the whole family can sit back and enjoy it.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby Willie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Fully concur with all previous posts...just a wonderful show. And the ass they have running around is nice to see too.
Willie
hunter

Postby Underradar » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm

My beard is now lush and manly.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 pm

I never knew how to properly apply face paint until the Robertsons came along.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Love the show . Just love love love it
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:00 pm

I never knew what to say to tell my friends when to shoot, now because of the show I know to say "Cut Em!!"

Thanks Duck Dynasty!!!
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:22 pm

I wonder how many youngsters out there that have taken up the sport have looked to God now as they do?
They are sending more than one message.

My hats off to them we need more shows like theirs instead of some of the violence that's on now.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:24 pm

charlie beard wrote:I wonder how many youngsters out there that have taken up the sport have looked to God now as they do?
They are sending more than one message.

My hats off to them we need more shows like theirs instead of some of the violence that's on now.

Well said, and I agree Charlie.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby erp10 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:25 pm

This new topic of Duck Dynasty make me Happy Happy Happy!
erp10
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:15 pm

I can't bear to watch it myself, but if a hunting themed show getting so much exposure bothers even a single anti-hunter, I say run it on every channel. Show them how we do.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:28 pm

assateague wrote:I figured with the exposure they've given the hobby of duck hunting, it'd be a good idea to have a thread to discuss what y'all think they've done for the sport, good or bad.

A hobby, they hardly consider duck hunting a hobby. Lets see what they have done for the sport. They have showed us how to blow up trucks, blow up duck blinds, shoot beavers, illegal I might add, blow up beaver huts, A great work ethic, how to steal frogs from a gulf course, how to sink a boat, how to catch and sell fish,is that legal in LA?, admit to killing way more ducks than is legal, how to make horrible wine, shoot rifles and hand guns in the water and woods at nothing, Illegal also, and I could go on and on. If they were real americans all the stuff would be made in America,not china. Seems they are in it for the mighty buck. Not sure they are all what people think? :fingerpt:
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:32 pm

:crying: :crying: :crying:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Boatman wrote:
assateague wrote:I figured with the exposure they've given the hobby of duck hunting, it'd be a good idea to have a thread to discuss what y'all think they've done for the sport, good or bad.

A hobby, they hardly consider duck hunting a hobby. Lets see what they have done for the sport. They have showed us how to blow up trucks, blow up duck blinds, shoot beavers, illegal I might add, blow up beaver huts, A great work ethic, how to steal frogs from a gulf course, how to sink a boat, how to catch and sell fish,is that legal in LA?, admit to killing way more ducks than is legal, how to make horrible wine, shoot rifles and hand guns in the water and woods at nothing, Illegal also, and I could go on and on. :fingerpt:

And this is why I love those guys. They're living the American dream.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:51 pm

sprigs4days wrote:
Boatman wrote:

A hobby, they hardly consider duck hunting a hobby. Lets see what they have done for the sport. They have showed us how to blow up trucks, blow up duck blinds, shoot beavers, illegal I might add, blow up beaver huts, A great work ethic, how to steal frogs from a gulf course, how to sink a boat, how to catch and sell fish,is that legal in LA?, admit to killing way more ducks than is legal, how to make horrible wine, shoot rifles and hand guns in the water and woods at nothing, Illegal also, and I could go on and on. :fingerpt:

You forgot this part of my quote....If they were real americans all the stuff would be made in America,not china. Seems they are in it for the mighty buck. Not sure they are all what people think

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Boatman wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
Boatman wrote:

You forgot this part of my quote....If they were real americans all the stuff would be made in America,not china. Seems they are in it for the mighty buck. Not sure they are all what people think

Boatman, you know as well as I do that there are very few things made 100% in America. But more importantly, do you have a clutch dog for an 87 Evinrude/Johnson 40hp laying around?
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
Boatman wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
Boatman wrote:

Boatman, you know as well as I do that there are very few things made 100% in America. But more importantly, do you have a clutch dog for an 87 Evinrude/Johnson 40hp laying around?

I may,I will look in my lower unit room tomorrow,and PM you.

I love Geese

Boatman
hunter

Postby rank duck » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:26 pm

I posted this on another DD thread, but I highly doubt the Robertsons are having any of the DD crap manufactured. More likely, people are approaching them requesting to use their name and image on their crappy made-in-china product because DD is hot and it will sell crappy product. In return, the DD guys get a cut of the profits. They are not marketing geniuses and they are not running factories to make all that crappy DD stuff nor are they having crappy stuff made on their behalf. They're just raking in the cash for letting people use their name and image. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby assateague » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Took long enough.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Cujo1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Boatman wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Boatman wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
Boatman wrote:

I may,I will look in my lower unit room tomorrow,and PM you.

Thanks Man
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Boatman wrote:

A hobby, they hardly consider duck hunting a hobby. Lets see what they have done for the sport. They have showed us how to blow up trucks, blow up duck blinds, shoot beavers, illegal I might add, blow up beaver huts, A great work ethic, how to steal frogs from a gulf course, how to sink a boat, how to catch and sell fish,is that legal in LA?, admit to killing way more ducks than is legal, how to make horrible wine, shoot rifles and hand guns in the water and woods at nothing, Illegal also, and I could go on and on. If they were real americans all the stuff would be made in America,not china. Seems they are in it for the mighty buck. Not sure they are all what people think? :fingerpt:

But they're such good role models for the kids! These guys who do all these irresponsible, illegal and disrespectful things on prime time TV, how could they possibly be responsible for the kids and new guys who are out there doing all these irresponsible, illegal and disrespectful things?!?!

Unfortunately, you're posting this on a website full of guys who have bought the calls, tea cups, and t-shirts. You're going to get raked over the coals because these guys aren't going to admit they've swallowed it hook, line and sinker.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby War Wagon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Nice at the start but, I'm tired of it, it's getting old. I think all this T.V. and fame will destroy them. There is going to be a fight between Brothers, Wife's or some supporting cast members, like somebody is getting more of something and there she goes.....the end of those family meals. :sad: I REALY hope I'm wrong... :yes: BTW I have had the pleasure of seeing and talking to Phil and I believe he is the real deal. :clapping: :clapping: Willy's reported wealth off this JUNK is more than 20 Million. THATS A FACT JACK !
War Wagon
hunter

Postby t_baker » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
Boatman wrote:

But they're such good role models for the kids! These guys who do all these irresponsible, illegal and disrespectful things on prime time TV, how could they possibly be responsible for the kids and new guys who are out there doing all these irresponsible, illegal and disrespectful things?!?!

Unfortunately, you're posting this on a website full of guys who have bought the calls, tea cups, and t-shirts. You're going to get raked over the coals because these guys aren't going to admit they've swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

I will admit, you have very valid points.

I believe I have to agree with you.
t_baker
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole