Duck Dynasty

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby rank duck » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:05 am

Like wow..
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
User avatar
rank duck
hunter
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Western Kentucky


Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby bighop » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 am

Robertson's wrote:We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm.

told ya....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6574
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby bighop » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:26 am

Underradar wrote:It was a mistake for Phil to read the Homo thread.

So are you saying you're the reason Phil got kicked off his own show?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6574
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:10 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:Who will A&E get to replace Phil?


In a world with the Robertsons, the Kardashians, and Honey Boo-Boo, about anyone will do.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16183
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:11 am

bluegoose18 wrote:I have had the pleasure of meeting Phil twice in my life. I'm just a regular guy from Mn average Joe. First time I met him I was duck hunting. He was with some of his friends also duck hunting. I was done for the day and headed back to he landing. As I was loading the boat onto the trailer, i noticed this other boat coming into the landing. So three guys stand up one goes gets the truck. The other goes and takes a leak and one heads towards us. I looked at my buddy whom I was hunting with and said hay here comes a man with a long beard walking right at us. So this man who was Phil asked if we where the ones that interrupted the flight plan? I said yes are you the one that sounds so awesome with the duck calling? He said yes ! I was like your awesome sounded perfect. He's like what ya all do for living? I was HEO Operator I'm like what do you do? He's like hunt ducks! I'm everyday and he's like yes! I was like how every day for 60 days. He's like no my friend I hunt ducks everyday in all most all states as they migration moves south. Then he walks away and comes back and gifted me the whole limit of mallard that they had shot that morning. Phil then stated my God bless you and he turned and walked away. I was like wow!!!!! The second time was at a church function here in Mn. Had steak dinner with him!! He is a good man a great man and we need more folks such as him. For the 2 hours maybe 3 hrs that I've been blessed with being in his presence . I have to say he ain't faking nothing on there show. He's straight to the point on all subjects!!!


Sounds like he was looking for someone to take his extra ducks before the warden came over.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16183
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:27 am

Botiz630 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:Who will A&E get to replace Phil?


In a world with the Robertsons, the Kardashians, and Honey Boo-Boo, about anyone will do.

I was thinking on their show. Like, who is going to fill the role of the eccentric dad who started it all?
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre


copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
User avatar
sampsonhuntin
hunter
 
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am
Location: roseboro, north carolina

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:28 am

I vote Mountain Man take's his place.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre


copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
User avatar
sampsonhuntin
hunter
 
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am
Location: roseboro, north carolina

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:41 am

bluegoose18 wrote:I have had the pleasure of meeting Phil twice in my life. I'm just a regular guy from Mn average Joe. First time I met him I was duck hunting. He was with some of his friends also duck hunting. I was done for the day and headed back to he landing. As I was loading the boat onto the trailer, i noticed this other boat coming into the landing. So three guys stand up one goes gets the truck. The other goes and takes a leak and one heads towards us. I looked at my buddy whom I was hunting with and said hay here comes a man with a long beard walking right at us. So this man who was Phil asked if we where the ones that interrupted the flight plan? I said yes are you the one that sounds so awesome with the duck calling? He said yes ! I was like your awesome sounded perfect. He's like what ya all do for living? I was HEO Operator I'm like what do you do? He's like hunt ducks! I'm everyday and he's like yes! I was like how every day for 60 days. He's like no my friend I hunt ducks everyday in all most all states as they migration moves south. Then he walks away and comes back and gifted me the whole limit of mallard that they had shot that morning. Phil then stated my God bless you and he turned and walked away. I was like wow!!!!! The second time was at a church function here in Mn. Had steak dinner with him!! He is a good man a great man and we need more folks such as him. For the 2 hours maybe 3 hrs that I've been blessed with being in his presence . I have to say he ain't faking nothing on there show. He's straight to the point on all subjects!!!



Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
User avatar
goodkarmarising
hunter
 
Posts: 10874
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Leavenworth, KS and all thru MO

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby KyFowl20 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:54 am

goodkarmarising wrote:
bluegoose18 wrote:I have had the pleasure of meeting Phil twice in my life. I'm just a regular guy from Mn average Joe. First time I met him I was duck hunting. He was with some of his friends also duck hunting. I was done for the day and headed back to he landing. As I was loading the boat onto the trailer, i noticed this other boat coming into the landing. So three guys stand up one goes gets the truck. The other goes and takes a leak and one heads towards us. I looked at my buddy whom I was hunting with and said hay here comes a man with a long beard walking right at us. So this man who was Phil asked if we where the ones that interrupted the flight plan? I said yes are you the one that sounds so awesome with the duck calling? He said yes ! I was like your awesome sounded perfect. He's like what ya all do for living? I was HEO Operator I'm like what do you do? He's like hunt ducks! I'm everyday and he's like yes! I was like how every day for 60 days. He's like no my friend I hunt ducks everyday in all most all states as they migration moves south. Then he walks away and comes back and gifted me the whole limit of mallard that they had shot that morning. Phil then stated my God bless you and he turned and walked away. I was like wow!!!!! The second time was at a church function here in Mn. Had steak dinner with him!! He is a good man a great man and we need more folks such as him. For the 2 hours maybe 3 hrs that I've been blessed with being in his presence . I have to say he ain't faking nothing on there show. He's straight to the point on all subjects!!!




Yea dude. Next time just do a Quote dialogue. I felt like I was in the girls locker room hiding in the closet all over again.
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Yankeegray » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:58 am

:thumbsup: to the Phil and his family.
Yankeegray
hunter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Southern Illinois Just SE of Pyramid

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:15 am

So it's a safe bet that Reverend Phil will NOT be doing and gay marriage ceremonies?
Fantastic!
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
hunter
 
Posts: 10440
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Boatman wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Boatman wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
Boatman wrote:
assateague wrote:I figured with the exposure they've given the hobby of duck hunting, it'd be a good idea to have a thread to discuss what y'all think they've done for the sport, good or bad.

Personally, I love the show.


A hobby, they hardly consider duck hunting a hobby. Lets see what they have done for the sport. They have showed us how to blow up trucks, blow up duck blinds, shoot beavers, illegal I might add, blow up beaver huts, A great work ethic, how to steal frogs from a gulf course, how to sink a boat, how to catch and sell fish,is that legal in LA?, admit to killing way more ducks than is legal, how to make horrible wine, shoot rifles and hand guns in the water and woods at nothing, Illegal also, and I could go on and on. :fingerpt:

And this is why I love those guys. They're living the American dream.

You forgot this part of my quote....If they were real americans all the stuff would be made in America,not china. Seems they are in it for the mighty buck. Not sure they are all what people think

Boatman, you know as well as I do that there are very few things made 100% in America. But more importantly, do you have a clutch dog for an 87 Evinrude/Johnson 40hp laying around?


I may,I will look in my lower unit room tomorrow,and PM you.

you have a 'lower unit room'? I'm intrigued....is that kinda like Jehler's basement?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56369
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:58 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56369
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:03 pm



It was just the article where the family made a statement.

Check your PM's.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5700
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:07 pm

got it...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56369
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Boatman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Boatman wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Boatman wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
Boatman wrote:
assateague wrote:I figured with the exposure they've given the hobby of duck hunting, it'd be a good idea to have a thread to discuss what y'all think they've done for the sport, good or bad.

Personally, I love the show.


A hobby, they hardly consider duck hunting a hobby. Lets see what they have done for the sport. They have showed us how to blow up trucks, blow up duck blinds, shoot beavers, illegal I might add, blow up beaver huts, A great work ethic, how to steal frogs from a gulf course, how to sink a boat, how to catch and sell fish,is that legal in LA?, admit to killing way more ducks than is legal, how to make horrible wine, shoot rifles and hand guns in the water and woods at nothing, Illegal also, and I could go on and on. :fingerpt:

And this is why I love those guys. They're living the American dream.

You forgot this part of my quote....If they were real americans all the stuff would be made in America,not china. Seems they are in it for the mighty buck. Not sure they are all what people think

Boatman, you know as well as I do that there are very few things made 100% in America. But more importantly, do you have a clutch dog for an 87 Evinrude/Johnson 40hp laying around?


I may,I will look in my lower unit room tomorrow,and PM you.

you have a 'lower unit room'? I'm intrigued....is that kinda like Jehler's basement?


Yea,lower unit room with all junk lower units prob 20 and 10 good lower units in the main shop ,a trolling motor room, a 50 foot tractor trailor for junk motors for parts,another room with consoles,steering systems,control boxes. Here's a few pics from my shop

Image

Image
70 evinrude rebuilt and painted ready for electrics

Image
200 hp Johnson tore down for rebuild

Image
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
User avatar
Boatman
hunter
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Atlantic

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby tornadochaser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:38 pm

bluegoose18 wrote:I have had the pleasure of meeting Phil twice in my life. I'm just a regular guy from Mn average Joe. First time I met him I was duck hunting. He was with some of his friends also duck hunting. I was done for the day and headed back to he landing. As I was loading the boat onto the trailer, i noticed this other boat coming into the landing. So three guys stand up one goes gets the truck. The other goes and takes a leak and one heads towards us. I looked at my buddy whom I was hunting with and said hay here comes a man with a long beard walking right at us. So this man who was Phil asked if we where the ones that interrupted the flight plan? I said yes are you the one that sounds so awesome with the duck calling? He said yes ! I was like your awesome sounded perfect. He's like what ya all do for living? I was HEO Operator I'm like what do you do? He's like hunt ducks! I'm everyday and he's like yes! I was like how every day for 60 days. He's like no my friend I hunt ducks everyday in all most all states as they migration moves south. Then he walks away and comes back and gifted me the whole limit of mallard that they had shot that morning. Phil then stated my God bless you and he turned and walked away. I was like wow!!!!! The second time was at a church function here in Mn. Had steak dinner with him!! He is a good man a great man and we need more folks such as him. For the 2 hours maybe 3 hrs that I've been blessed with being in his presence . I have to say he ain't faking nothing on there show. He's straight to the point on all subjects!!!


Like how many forums are you going to post this same story on?
tornadochaser
hunter
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Underradar » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:41 pm

I have lower unit room in my pants. Johnson parts.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Enough said
Attachments
image.jpg
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm
Location: Chico ca

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Troutslayer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Last edited by Troutslayer on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Troutslayer
hunter
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:43 am
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Troutslayer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:09 pm

User avatar
Troutslayer
hunter
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:43 am
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Boatman wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Boatman wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Boatman wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
Boatman wrote:
assateague wrote:I figured with the exposure they've given the hobby of duck hunting, it'd be a good idea to have a thread to discuss what y'all think they've done for the sport, good or bad.

Personally, I love the show.


A hobby, they hardly consider duck hunting a hobby. Lets see what they have done for the sport. They have showed us how to blow up trucks, blow up duck blinds, shoot beavers, illegal I might add, blow up beaver huts, A great work ethic, how to steal frogs from a gulf course, how to sink a boat, how to catch and sell fish,is that legal in LA?, admit to killing way more ducks than is legal, how to make horrible wine, shoot rifles and hand guns in the water and woods at nothing, Illegal also, and I could go on and on. :fingerpt:

And this is why I love those guys. They're living the American dream.

You forgot this part of my quote....If they were real americans all the stuff would be made in America,not china. Seems they are in it for the mighty buck. Not sure they are all what people think

Boatman, you know as well as I do that there are very few things made 100% in America. But more importantly, do you have a clutch dog for an 87 Evinrude/Johnson 40hp laying around?


I may,I will look in my lower unit room tomorrow,and PM you.

you have a 'lower unit room'? I'm intrigued....is that kinda like Jehler's basement?


Yea,lower unit room with all junk lower units prob 20 and 10 good lower units in the main shop ,a trolling motor room, a 50 foot tractor trailor for junk motors for parts,another room with consoles,steering systems,control boxes. Here's a few pics from my shop

Image

Image
70 evinrude rebuilt and painted ready for electrics

Image
200 hp Johnson tore down for rebuild

Image

awesome...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56369
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Havoc1229 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:57 pm

Talk to a GW where I hunt. He checked over 20 ppls licenses all under the age of 20. New gear new guns new boats new decoys.. Daddy's money.. Got to my spot at 0330. Shooting time was at 650. Hunters poured in all around me after I flashed my light at them hoping they wouldn't really think to set up 50-100 yards from me. But they did. I kept my cool. 15 min before LEGAL shooting time started two groups of hunters started blasting away. Then the rest of the lake lit up like a war zone. At this time I checked my watch, still ha ten min before you could actually legally shoot. Had a couple wood ducks come landing in my decoys. I watched them... Then watched them get shot at sitting in my decoys by two teenage hunters 50 yards away. Of course at this point I had a mouthful to say and so on. Tho this may seen like a rant.. Of course it is. But this has happened on 4 different hunts in different locations. Seems the jr commanders love to shoot! But got to see a couple of their trucks in the parking lot. Wouldn't you know. Big ol duck commander stickers on em all! CUT EM!! Even if their a mile high and not decoying in your decoys!
Havoc1229
hunter
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby assateague » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:12 am

GET OFF MY LAWN
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby dodman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:12 am

It's ok with me, I'm still trying to figure out if it's "Cut em!!!!!!!", or "Cut um!!!!!!!!"

:mad:
User avatar
dodman
hunter
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:26 pm
Location: SW Va

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cujo1, Google [Bot], Greenheadindy, Hutch25 and 39 guests