Duck Dynasty

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:23 am

Didn't I say they would cut Phil before pulling the show.

Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus for anti-gay comments

Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY
4 hours ago
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus
more
UPDATE 8:40 p.m.: Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson has been put on indefinite hiatus by A&E after making anti-gay remarks in the January issue of GQ.

"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," A&E said in a statement to USA TODAY. "His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

Jeff Reidel, GQ
'Duck Dynasty' dudes include Jep, left, Willie, Phil, Uncle Si and Jase Robertson.
ORIGINAL STORY: Duck Dynasty is featured in a big spread in the January issue of GQ magazine.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:30 am

ugghhh his comments were not "anti-gay." People are so thin skinned these days is pathetic. Like how can anyone be happy being bothered by EVERYTHING.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:58 am

I dunno, if I was on a show about a dynasty my dad started, and they booted dad, I believe I'd be leaving with him....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:07 am

bighop wrote:I dunno, if I was on a show about a dynasty my dad started, and they booted dad, I believe I'd be leaving with him....

Touche'....never thought about it that way.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:21 am

image.jpg
Amen
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:38 am

bighop wrote:I dunno, if I was on a show about a dynasty my dad started, and they booted dad, I believe I'd be leaving with him....

Willie loves willie too much for that.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby bighop » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:57 am

Botiz630 wrote:

Willie loves willie too much for that.

Yeah, but Si doesn't. He'd probably stick with his brother, and why else watch the show except for Si and the occasional wife appearance?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:37 pm

beretta24 wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Guess only the gays can be upset and protest. Don't predict a large group of cheating husbands banding together to stand up for their rights

But make gay marriage legal so they can be miserable like the rest of us and maybe they'll shut up then

They won't ever shut up...name a "minority" group that shut even after they we given advantages over the majority.

Shutting up doesnt get you anything.

Native Americans kept relatively quiet compared to others. Sadly you're kinda right about other groups though.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Duck_Stank wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Guess only the gays can be upset and protest. Don't predict a large group of cheating husbands banding together to stand up for their rights

But make gay marriage legal so they can be miserable like the rest of us and maybe they'll shut up then

They won't ever shut up...name a "minority" group that shut even after they we given advantages over the majority.

Native Americans kept relatively quiet compared to others. Sadly you're kinda right about other groups though.

We killed the ones making noise, and then some, back in the day. And then they sued, and won. And sued again, and won. And a minority of them are still suing over the Redskins, Fighting Souix etc.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Underradar » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:01 pm

It was a mistake for Phil to read the Homo thread.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:17 pm

they sent Phil on a hunting trip, as "punishment" so they feel like they are appeasing the gays, and they don't really lose Phil.

Phil probably could care less they sent him on "hiatus"...... this isn't Charlie sheen and CBS......

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:40 pm

beretta24 wrote:
Duck_Stank wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

We killed the ones making noise, and then some, back in the day. And then they sued, and won. And sued again, and won. And a minority of them are still suing over the Redskins, Fighting Souix etc.

You're right, but wouldn't you agree they have more justifiable reasons to not shut up? I'm an eighth Seneca, and can't relate nor pretend that I can, nor am I offended. Just feel if any minority has a right to not shut up it would be Native Americans and Jewish people. Especially being odd when you hear their minimal complaints in comparison to other minorities .This is getting off topic though and entirety too deep ha. Though you have a point.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:08 pm

I don't see what a native needs to gripe about in comparison to any other group these days, at least not to US citizens. Admittedly, I know little of the challenges their local communities face, but at some point the descendants of a people that, in their eyes (speaking in generic terms), were wronged need to move on. And Jewish people, what grievance should they have today?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby charlie beard » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:39 pm

For Gods sake how long can you kick a dead horse?
I'm waiting on our great leader to come out with a special news broadcast on this.
Surely he would not miss a chance to get into the limelight.

Democrats need the 2% Gays in America.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby weekendhunter » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:44 pm

I will do my best to hit A & E in the pocket book. I will watch Duck Dynasty but that's it. (Of course there isn't anything else on that network worth watching.) If they are too PC to realize what they have and are willing to let a relatively small number of loud mouth haters who probably don't have religion run their decision, I hope the Robertson's can take their show and the 14 million viewers and all the merchandise sales to another network! Come on sponsors, have a backbone and stick with something actually good on TV. The Robertson! Write to their sponsors and tell them what you think of this bad decision. You can bet the Gays are doing this.
weekendhunter
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:05 pm

charlie beard wrote:For Gods sake how long can you kick a dead horse?
I'm waiting on our great leader to come out with a special news broadcast on this.
Surely he would not miss a chance to get into the limelight.

Democrats need the 2% Gays in America.

It's not the 2%, its the 2% + those that have fallen in love with their cause. Thats a lot bigger figure.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby bluegoose18 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:51 pm

I have had the pleasure of meeting Phil twice in my life. I'm just a regular guy from Mn average Joe. First time I met him I was duck hunting. He was with some of his friends also duck hunting. I was done for the day and headed back to he landing. As I was loading the boat onto the trailer, i noticed this other boat coming into the landing. So three guys stand up one goes gets the truck. The other goes and takes a leak and one heads towards us. I looked at my buddy whom I was hunting with and said hay here comes a man with a long beard walking right at us. So this man who was Phil asked if we where the ones that interrupted the flight plan? I said yes are you the one that sounds so awesome with the duck calling? He said yes ! I was like your awesome sounded perfect. He's like what ya all do for living? I was HEO Operator I'm like what do you do? He's like hunt ducks! I'm everyday and he's like yes! I was like how every day for 60 days. He's like no my friend I hunt ducks everyday in all most all states as they migration moves south. Then he walks away and comes back and gifted me the whole limit of mallard that they had shot that morning. Phil then stated my God bless you and he turned and walked away. I was like wow!!!!! The second time was at a church function here in Mn. Had steak dinner with him!! He is a good man a great man and we need more folks such as him. For the 2 hours maybe 3 hrs that I've been blessed with being in his presence . I have to say he ain't faking nothing on there show. He's straight to the point on all subjects!!!
bluegoose18
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 pm

bluegoose18 wrote:I have had the pleasure of meeting Phil twice in my life. I'm just a regular guy from Mn average Joe. First time I met him I was duck hunting. He was with some of his friends also duck hunting. I was done for the day and headed back to he landing. As I was loading the boat onto the trailer, i noticed this other boat coming into the landing. So three guys stand up one goes gets the truck. The other goes and takes a leak and one heads towards us. I looked at my buddy whom I was hunting with and said hay here comes a man with a long beard walking right at us. So this man who was Phil asked if we where the ones that interrupted the flight plan? I said yes are you the one that sounds so awesome with the duck calling? He said yes ! I was like your awesome sounded perfect. He's like what ya all do for living? I was HEO Operator I'm like what do you do? He's like hunt ducks! I'm everyday and he's like yes! I was like how every day for 60 days. He's like no my friend I hunt ducks everyday in all most all states as they migration moves south. Then he walks away and comes back and gifted me the whole limit of mallard that they had shot that morning. Phil then stated my God bless you and he turned and walked away. I was like wow!!!!! The second time was at a church function here in Mn. Had steak dinner with him!! He is a good man a great man and we need more folks such as him. For the 2 hours maybe 3 hrs that I've been blessed with being in his presence . I have to say he ain't faking nothing on there show. He's straight to the point on all subjects!!!

Thats a lot of "likes"
t_baker
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:18 pm

t_baker wrote:
bluegoose18 wrote:I have had the pleasure of meeting Phil twice in my life. I'm just a regular guy from Mn average Joe. First time I met him I was duck hunting. He was with some of his friends also duck hunting. I was done for the day and headed back to he landing. As I was loading the boat onto the trailer, i noticed this other boat coming into the landing. So three guys stand up one goes gets the truck. The other goes and takes a leak and one heads towards us. I looked at my buddy whom I was hunting with and said hay here comes a man with a long beard walking right at us. So this man who was Phil asked if we where the ones that interrupted the flight plan? I said yes are you the one that sounds so awesome with the duck calling? He said yes ! I was like your awesome sounded perfect. He's like what ya all do for living? I was HEO Operator I'm like what do you do? He's like hunt ducks! I'm everyday and he's like yes! I was like how every day for 60 days. He's like no my friend I hunt ducks everyday in all most all states as they migration moves south. Then he walks away and comes back and gifted me the whole limit of mallard that they had shot that morning. Phil then stated my God bless you and he turned and walked away. I was like wow!!!!! The second time was at a church function here in Mn. Had steak dinner with him!! He is a good man a great man and we need more folks such as him. For the 2 hours maybe 3 hrs that I've been blessed with being in his presence . I have to say he ain't faking nothing on there show. He's straight to the point on all subjects!!!

Thats a lot of "likes"

No, this is a lot of likes;

https://www.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport?ref=nf
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby vincentpa » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Phil hates fags.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Who will A&E get to replace Phil?
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby danny6172 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:41 pm

As long as they get people into the sport and as long as those people buy licences and duck stamps then I'm alright with Duck Dynasty...
There are no ducks in AZ
danny6172
hunter

Postby Merganzor » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:11 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:Who will A&E get to replace Phil?
WTN10 wrote:I hope a midget attacks your legs with a chainsaw.
Merganzor
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (8.53 KiB) Viewed 321 times
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole