Have to Vent

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Have to Vent

Postby gsphunter » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:17 pm

I have to do a critique for a college paper, so I started looking on the PETA and HSUS websites, because I figured where better to start critiquing than on their literature (garbage). They are unbelievable. I'm doing the paper on "The Facts about Hunting" by HSUS. It's an absolute joke. Saying that most duck hunters can't id ducks when they fly by. Here is one quote from the article:

"Hunting as a form of family entertainment is destructive no only to the animals involved, but also to the morals and ethics of children who are shown or taught that needless killing is acceptable recreation."

I guess they prefer kids who sit in front of TV's who shoot up people all day, but get no real appreciation for what happens when they pull the trigger of a gun. That's just what we as a country need is more zombies that are so braindead from mindless video game playing that they can't function.

Thanks for reading / listening. I just had to relate with some of my own kind of people instead of the idiots on the other side.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:32 pm

PETA-People Eating Tasty Animals :thumbsup: PETA :pissed:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:43 pm

You've got a very good point gsphunter.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:45 pm

gsp,

i know what you mean brother. i have read their useless drivel before and get as frustrated as anyone. all we can do is educate our kids to not only be pro-hunting/fishing, but to be leaders also. simply introducing our youth to the outdoor world is great, teaching them to stand up for what they believe in and lead by example ensures the future of hunting/fishing.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:12 am

Couldn't agree more, gentlemen. @ our club throughout the year we sponser or help to conduct youth - oriented activities such as 4H shotgun shoots, as well as a Youth Field Day in August (an activity that rotates around to the conservation clubs throughout our county). Not much, but @ least an effort to get kids in the sports. These anti - hunting/anti - gun groups are poised to ruin generations of kids. We adults can resist the message; kids, however, are impressionable. I've noted before the comments of my students in the inner - city school where I sub - gun owners are "evil"; "guns are evil." They;'re @ best indifferent to hunting. Indifference is fertile ground for the anti's.
gsp, good vent. It can be good to visit these anti sites. It prevents us from getting too complacent. Let's treat it as a wake - up call.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:56 am

mallardhunter wrote:PETA-People Eating Tasty Animals :thumbsup: PETA :pissed:

Mallard, You should change Calvins aim from Ford to PETA! :yes:

Don't get me Stated on PETA :pissed: :pissed:

Macdaddy, Nice post! :thumbsup:

Please don't get me Started on PETA :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

I tried to do alittle Teaching with My Daughter's Girl Scout Troop, NO WAY, NO HOW! Yet, they Could learn about Good Ole HSUS :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

I Did a Hobbies Day at My Daughter's School last year.......I used Live Ducks and Doves to teach them Conservation and Explained to them how to Erect Woodduck Boxes and Plant Seed for Both Ducks and Doves and other Birds aswell as Animals.
I then Explained why we needed Hunters and Trappers.
Had a Teacher Go Ballistic! The Kids looked to me more then her. I'm Glad, atleast, I got thru to them rather then her!

Needless to say, I am not being invited Back.

We need to do the Little things to teach these kids.

Got 8 Pre-teen Girls that were here for a party with my Daughter to help me back in the Fall to Butcher a Deer :mrgreen: They Could not STOP Telling their Parents all about it when they came to pick them up.
2 of the Parents were not happy about it!

I REFUSE TO HIDE WHO I AM!

I'm a Hunter! I Have Canine Teeth! I and ALL other Humans Were made to Eat BOTH MEAT AND VEGGIES! I Refuse to Graze like Cattle! I am A Hunter and a Meat Eater!

PETA, HSUS and FFA and their Friends can ..................................
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby had » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:00 am

"Hunting as a form of family entertainment is destructive no only to the animals involved, but also to the morals and ethics of children who are shown or taught that needless killing is acceptable recreation."

:help: whoa. bunch of crap.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:08 am

i saw this saying somewhere...can't remember where so i can't give credit where it is due, but i liked it.

"If God didn't want us eating animals..why did he make them out of meat?"

:toofunny:

something for those PETA folks to ponder....
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:48 am

A month or two ago I ran into a website for a group championed by Ed Bagley Jr. What a buncha' hooey it is! The night I found it, I couldn't sleep for quite a while, it enraged me so much. Some of my "favorite" quotes from the website were:

-"Hunters also shoot nonnative species such as ring-necked pheasants who are hand-fed and raised in pens and then released into the wild just before hunting season. Even if the pheasants - native to China - survive the hunters' onslaught, they are certain to die of exposure or starvation in the nonnative environment. While hunters claim they save overpopulated animals from starvation, they intentionally breed some species and let them starve to death."

-"Hunters claim that they pay for "conservation" by buying hunting licenses, duck stamps, etc. But the relatively small amount each hunter pays does not cover the cost of hunting programs or game warden salaries."

-"Hunters say that they are "ethical" and follow the concept of "fair chase." What is fair about a chase in which the hunter uses a powerful weapon from ambush and the victim has no defense except luck?"

the list goes on to attack all sorts of game hunting and hunters, but the worst part lies at the end: THEY CONDONE PRACTICALL ANY MEANS TO INTERFERE WITH HUNTERS! - Don't they know that this is illegal!?

If for some reason you'd like to see what they say, it is the IDAUSA website (Indefense of animals):http://www.idausa.org/facts/hunting.html
"facts"? Horse hockey!!
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:22 pm

Woodywoodduck wrote:I tried to do alittle Teaching with My Daughter's Girl Scout Troop, NO WAY, NO HOW! Yet, they Could learn about Good Ole HSUS :pissed:

I Did a Hobbies Day at My Daughter's School last year.......I used Live Ducks and Doves to teach them Conservation and Explained to them how to Erect Woodduck Boxes and Plant Seed for Both Ducks and Doves and other Birds aswell as Animals.
I then Explained why we needed Hunters and Trappers.
Had a Teacher Go Ballistic! The Kids looked to me more then her. I'm Glad, atleast, I got thru to them rather then her!

Needless to say, I am not being invited Back.

We need to do the Little things to teach these kids.

As Hitler said "Give them to me until they are age 12, and they are mine the rest of their lives." He was right, you indoctrinate them with what ever info you give them, and the foundation of their beliefs are set on stone for the rest of their life.
And the Liberals (communists) to the north (Canada) have controlled the teaching curriculum for the last 20 years and in the time MB has lost 60% of its resident hunters.
The writing is on the wall gentlemen. The liberal "no hunting" teachers have taken control in many urban parts of our country now too.

Heck many schools will not allow hunter safety classes because they forbid any guns within 500' of a school property.

I do NOT understand why some guys have a rule of "No Kids" at deer camp until they are 18. It is waaaaay to late, you may have a chance if they are age 12 and go each year. There are sooooo many other distractions and thing for them to do-especially in the urban and suburbs.

In looking back, I am so grateful that my Dad started me shooting at age 7 with a bb gun, age 8 the .410 at still and the moving clay targets and I was hunting ducks and grouse that fall along side of him :thumbsup: Heck by the time I was age 11 and taking the hunter safety course, I was correcting the instructor! :laughing: Out of over 30 kids I scored #2 for rifle, #1 for shotgun, and I forgot my glasses to boot! I scored a 98 on the test too. It was a cakewalk for me---many other kids struggled, as they did not have their Dads teaching them for 4 years already. Thanks Dad. :thumbsup:

So I hope a few of you will take the time to be a Dad or mentor the little kids who still are in grade school, as that is literally where the battle ground is right now for the future of hunting.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:09 pm

That is another beef I have H20, why not teach hunter ed in schools. They will teach sex ed, drug ed, drivers ed, and many others. People think the best education on guns for kids is "they are bad and stay away from them." Kids are drawn to mysterious things that parents, teachers, or others forbid.
My dad was the same way. I started with a bow when I was about 6 or 7 and then kept graduating. I see parents doing what you are saying. Leaving kids out until they are "old enough.'' Well if the parents would teach their kids they would be old enough a whole lot sooner. Teaching them hunting is a whole lot better than dropping them off for a baby sitting session at the mall on friday and saturday nights. :pissed:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:19 pm

I will agree with the fact that not only the education system, goverment, but the most widely used form of brain washing the media have turned many people against hunting, trapping, and even fishing. Unfortunately for us hunters there are the bad apples and money hungry jerks out there that abuse the rights which have now become privledges which we hunters, etc... try to promote and preserve. Trappers who trapped animals for Greenpeace to vidio tape, hunters who use unethical methods. If you look at the main people behind the tree huggers you will discover that they are the same ones who cut down the forests and rape the land scape to produce news papers and artificial furs and fabrics which are not bio degradeable. We here in Canada don't like the gun laws that have been forced upon us at an enormous cost to all Canadians even the ones who supported it with no gain in the fight against homicides which in Canada are mostly comitted with knives and other means. Do we have to register our Knives ? No!!
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole