Just a about youth hunters

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Just a about youth hunters

Postby rnloutdoors » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:08 pm

So with all the yes im going to say it "duck dynasty" youth hunters and stuff, whats the exact defintion of that so if im just getting into duck hunting now is that what i would be considered, just another duck dynasy hunter?
rnloutdoors
hunter

Re: Just a about youth hunters

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:24 pm

A lot of these guys are curmudgeny about "young" hunters being poor sportsmen and are quick to blame duck dynasty. The real issue at hand goes back 2-3 generations and has to do with manners, ethics, and expirence. Learn what you can and don't be the dude who shoots at groups working other guys spreads. Just follow the simple code of outdoor etiquette and don't be 'that guy.'

Sent via smoke signal
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:35 am

If someone calls you a Jr. Commander after you have just started hunting they are the pathetic one and suffer from having a really tiny penis. Of course, that is if they have never witnessed you acting like a Jr.

The really old guys, most over 40, get kinda pissy when they see someone else in their spots that were empty before DD came along. Remind them it's public land and that their Alzheimer's will soon kick in and they will forget about it.

Happy hunting and do not set up right beside somebody or walk in 5 minutes before shooting light.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:31 am

Also, don't try to emulate all the jackwagons with hunting shows or videos. Real hunting doesn't sell videos; it's about being ethical and having respect for the target species, not "kill shots" played in slo-mo from ten angles.
FinnLandR
hunter

Postby rnloutdoors » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:44 pm

I just find it a little confusing because yes it is my first year by my self but usually on public land i get threre first and follow regs and all and i complain about all the old guys screwing me over(no i am not sterotyping old guys) just seems like they screw me over yet i did run into one duck dynasty hunter.........he was my friend untill then ha
rnloutdoors
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole