It's So Cold...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

It's So Cold...

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:38 pm

hookers are charging $20 to blow on your hands. so i hear.

-16 here the other day. i know you midwest guys got that beat, but dang. cooooold.
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Re: It's So Cold...

Postby Nasty Boy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Human traffic em this way after your done.
Nasty Boy
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:02 pm

-16 here and dropping. possibly -20 or colder by morning. Saved a guys arse this morning. A mini van up to his window in a drift about 5 miles from home. Gave him a ride and almost was screwed myself. Hit a drift that came over the hood and my voltage dropped and the lights went dim. Uh oh, I told him I think were screwed, the belt must've come off. After about a half mile it squealed and the voltage came back up. Whew :grooving: musta just been packed with snow under the hood and finally cleared. I really didn't feel like walking 5 miles in this crap. I think that guy with the mini van has his work cut out for him now. I'm sure he's plowed in under about 5 feet now.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:hookers are charging $20 to blow on your hands. so i hear.

-16 here the other day. i know you midwest guys got that beat, but dang. cooooold.

We have -35 below wind chill as of now.
-16 in the morning with -45 wind chill.

Looked out the kitchen window this Am and seen two beagles with jumper cables trying to get a rabbit to run.
Now thats COLD. :biggrin:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:13 pm

we got up to 55 today and tonight we are back to teens. everything that melted today is gonna freeze solid. good for ice fishing but not much else. just ordered some new blades for the auger. :beer:
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Here you go. Won't be long. :biggrin:

"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Papachessie wrote:-16 here and dropping. possibly -20 or colder by morning. Saved a guys arse this morning. A mini van up to his window in a drift about 5 miles from home. Gave him a ride and almost was screwed myself. Hit a drift that came over the hood and my voltage dropped and the lights went dim. Uh oh, I told him I think were screwed, the belt must've come off. After about a half mile it squealed and the voltage came back up. Whew :grooving: musta just been packed with snow under the hood and finally cleared. I really didn't feel like walking 5 miles in this crap. I think that guy with the mini van has his work cut out for him now. I'm sure he's plowed in under about 5 feet now.

Papa, Sounds like y'all south of the state line got pounded with snow the last couple days just like us.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:07 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Papachessie wrote:-16 here and dropping. possibly -20 or colder by morning. Saved a guys arse this morning. A mini van up to his window in a drift about 5 miles from home. Gave him a ride and almost was screwed myself. Hit a drift that came over the hood and my voltage dropped and the lights went dim. Uh oh, I told him I think were screwed, the belt must've come off. After about a half mile it squealed and the voltage came back up. Whew :grooving: musta just been packed with snow under the hood and finally cleared. I really didn't feel like walking 5 miles in this crap. I think that guy with the mini van has his work cut out for him now. I'm sure he's plowed in under about 5 feet now.

Papa, Sounds like y'all south of the state line got pounded with snow the last couple days just like us.

weather channel is calling for up to 4' of lake effect snow somewhere.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby uglymug » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:13 pm

-50 with wind chill when I drove in to work. Had to get a jump on a 2013 battery because the 30 seconds the headlights were on killed the battery before I tried starting the car.
uglymug
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:

Looks like we are going to top out at just over 3 foot for the storm, but it is the wind drifts. Like Papa said, there are 5-6ft wind drifts on the roads. Perfect snowmobile jumping conditions.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:16 pm

report I saw was a legit 4' of lake effect snow, not wind drifts. But either way, you guys can have that schit.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:17 pm

It's so cold, I actually saw a democrat with his hands in his own pockets..... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Indaswamp wrote:It's so cold, I actually saw a democrat with his hands in his own pockets..... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

That's a good one swamp. :lol3:
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Just looked out a warehouse window and cannot see the surrounding buildings. Looks like we got the snow storm a lot earlier than expected.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby AKWoody » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Glad y'all are getting a little taste of some Alaskan weather. Personally, you guys can keep it. Its a balmy 27 degrees in Anchorage as I write this and the temp is rising. It was 36 degrees on my way home last night! :grooving:
AKWoody
hunter

Postby AKWoody » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:13 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:

Looks like we are going to top out at just over 3 foot for the storm, but it is the wind drifts. Like Papa said, there are 5-6ft wind drifts on the roads. Perfect snowmobile jumping conditions.

What is a snowmobile? Its a snow machine. You have to speak the right language. Care to chime in AKPirate?
AKWoody
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:36 pm

AKWoody wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:

What is a snowmobile? Its a snow machine. You have to speak the right language. Care to chime in AKPirate?

The only time hear them called that is when I am watching the Discovery Channel... I had figured that they just didn't know what to call them.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:40 pm

we had a thaw yesterday, got up to 55...now it is back down to 15 and windy as heck.

all 4 tires on my truck were frozen to the ground this morning. i had to step on the gas pretty good to break them free.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Still nasty on the roads today. The van I picked the guy up from is still in the drift. My trucks brakes keep freezing tight. Scares the hell out of me when they pop free and it finally moves. The wind was NW yesterday and SW today, so it was drifting across from the other direction today. Open fields looked like a lake with 2 foot waves. Here's the lighthouse at the pierheads on Lake Michigan.
St joe lighthouse.jpg
St joe lighthouse idiots.jpg
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:03 pm

I hunted in 2 degree wind chill this morning. I don't know how you yankees do that schit.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby hawgripper » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Watertown NY should have 5 feet by tomorrow.
hawgripper
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:18 pm

it is so cold that the rock bouncing around in my wader boot the other day was actually my little toe.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby AKWoody » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:31 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:I hunted in 2 degree wind chill this morning. I don't know how you yankees do that schit.

Its because we're tougher than y'all. Thats why we won the war! :hi:
AKWoody
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Papachessie wrote:Still nasty on the roads today. The van I picked the guy up from is still in the drift. My trucks brakes keep freezing tight. Scares the hell out of me when they pop free and it finally moves. The wind was NW yesterday and SW today, so it was drifting across from the other direction today. Open fields looked like a lake with 2 foot waves. Here's the lighthouse at the pierheads on Lake Michigan.
St joe lighthouse.jpg
St joe lighthouse idiots.jpg

The pier head at st. Joe can look absolutely crazy in the winter, I think it is really cool some years.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole