Duck Hunting Forum banner

It's So Cold...

2K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  AKWoody 
#1 ·
hookers are charging $20 to blow on your hands. so i hear.

-16 here the other day. i know you midwest guys got that beat, but dang. cooooold.

#3 ·
-16 here and dropping. possibly -20 or colder by morning. Saved a guys arse this morning. A mini van up to his window in a drift about 5 miles from home. Gave him a ride and almost was screwed myself. Hit a drift that came over the hood and my voltage dropped and the lights went dim. Uh oh, I told him I think were screwed, the belt must've come off. After about a half mile it squealed and the voltage came back up. Whew :grooving: musta just been packed with snow under the hood and finally cleared. I really didn't feel like walking 5 miles in this crap. I think that guy with the mini van has his work cut out for him now. I'm sure he's plowed in under about 5 feet now.

#4 ·
We have -35 below wind chill as of now.
-16 in the morning with -45 wind chill.

Looked out the kitchen window this Am and seen two beagles with jumper cables trying to get a rabbit to run.
Now thats COLD. :biggrin:

#7 ·
Papachessie said:
-16 here and dropping. possibly -20 or colder by morning. Saved a guys arse this morning. A mini van up to his window in a drift about 5 miles from home. Gave him a ride and almost was screwed myself. Hit a drift that came over the hood and my voltage dropped and the lights went dim. Uh oh, I told him I think were screwed, the belt must've come off. After about a half mile it squealed and the voltage came back up. Whew :grooving: musta just been packed with snow under the hood and finally cleared. I really didn't feel like walking 5 miles in this crap. I think that guy with the mini van has his work cut out for him now. I'm sure he's plowed in under about 5 feet now.
Papa, Sounds like y'all south of the state line got pounded with snow the last couple days just like us.

#8 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Papachessie said:
Papa, Sounds like y'all south of the state line got pounded with snow the last couple days just like us.
weather channel is calling for up to 4' of lake effect snow somewhere.....

#10 ·
Indaswamp said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Papachessie said:
Looks like we are going to top out at just over 3 foot for the storm, but it is the wind drifts. Like Papa said, there are 5-6ft wind drifts on the roads. Perfect snowmobile jumping conditions.

#17 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Indaswamp said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Papachessie said:
Looks like we are going to top out at just over 3 foot for the storm, but it is the wind drifts. Like Papa said, there are 5-6ft wind drifts on the roads. Perfect snowmobile jumping conditions.
What is a snowmobile? Its a snow machine. You have to speak the right language. Care to chime in AKPirate?

#18 ·
AKWoody said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Indaswamp said:
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Papachessie said:
What is a snowmobile? Its a snow machine. You have to speak the right language. Care to chime in AKPirate?
The only time hear them called that is when I am watching the Discovery Channel... I had figured that they just didn't know what to call them.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Still nasty on the roads today. The van I picked the guy up from is still in the drift. My trucks brakes keep freezing tight. Scares the hell out of me when they pop free and it finally moves. The wind was NW yesterday and SW today, so it was drifting across from the other direction today. Open fields looked like a lake with 2 foot waves. Here's the lighthouse at the pierheads on Lake Michigan.
St joe lighthouse.jpg
St joe lighthouse idiots.jpg

Attachments

#25 ·
Papachessie said:
Still nasty on the roads today. The van I picked the guy up from is still in the drift. My trucks brakes keep freezing tight. Scares the hell out of me when they pop free and it finally moves. The wind was NW yesterday and SW today, so it was drifting across from the other direction today. Open fields looked like a lake with 2 foot waves. Here's the lighthouse at the pierheads on Lake Michigan. View attachment 1
The pier head at st. Joe can look absolutely crazy in the winter, I think it is really cool some years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.