Looking for some advice

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Looking for some advice

Postby sapper35 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:10 am

Well everyone here's the deal. I have acquired a piece of land to lease. It's a large field on a local farm that has either beans or corn rotated out each year. Not sure what's going to be this fall. My question is I plan on making a small Levi around it and flooding some corn. How much of the field should I plant and flood. How deep should I make it. Should I leave some of the corn dry. And should I cut it and leave it out or leave it standing. Just looking for some advice to build my first duck hunting lease. I have a river close by to pump water in and out of and going to use a good sized pipe in the Levi to regulate water level...thanks for your help
sapper35
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole