how come?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

how come?

Postby jehler » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 am

Here in MI I pull up into a gas station I can get out of my car, grab the hose and fill my truck and then walk into pay, down south i gots to pay at the pump with a card or walk inside first? really pisses me off
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Re: how come?

Postby MarkM » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:33 am

This thread has potential...
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:35 am

It's learned. The people down south are more of a criminal type. More apt to drive off without paying.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:47 am

jehler wrote:Here in MI I pull up into a gas station I can get out of my car, grab the hose and fill my truck and then walk into pay, down south i gots to pay at the pump with a card or walk inside first? really pisses me off

It's hit or miss around here ("south of Cadillac")...
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:53 am

jehler wrote:Here in MI I pull up into a gas station I can get out of my car, grab the hose and fill my truck and then walk into pay, down south i gots to pay at the pump with a card or walk inside first? really pisses me off

Just be glad you are not in New Jersey or Oregon, those people are apparently too stupid to pump their own gas.

I see both types around here, probably more of the fill up first types, but some of both.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:03 am

Hand sanitizer on your pecker...try it.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 am

Cuz dem suthin boys be thieven sum serius gas from them gaz statuns. :lol3:

I live in Washington and always chickle when I get gas in Oregon. It is usually a little bit cheaper and they pump it for me. I turn up the radio and enjoy the warmth of my heated seat while some guy making minimum wage is standing in the rain while pumping my gas.

I get a chuckle and a young kid has a job. What is really funny is watching young teenage girls from Oregon standing at the pump in Washington State totally confused with no idea what to do.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:18 am

Pfffft. You know why.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby jehler » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:20 am

ByersFarm wrote:

Pfffft. You know why.

You all have a hard time counting?
jehler

Postby MarkM » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:22 am

jehler wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

Pfffft. You know why.

Na they saw your plates and didn't trust you.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:28 am

Stinkin' carpetbagger.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:01 pm

MarkM wrote:
jehler wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

Pfffft. You know why.

Ts funny right there.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby jehler » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
jehler wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

Pfffft. You know why.

Ts funny right there.

Probably true, I had Illinois plates, rental car
jehler

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 pm

I know that pay at the pump is bad for inside business at the convenience store, but it beats the store owner losing money because of gas drive offs.

I'd imagine places like Detroit and Chicago would have the pay at the pump policy too.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby MarkM » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 pm

They might've wanted to see your majestic mustache closer too.

So many possibilities here.

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:49 pm

\\

Maybe those southern folks see those same shifty eyes the ducks see when youre hunting and like the ducks, don't trust you worth a plug nickel either
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby jehler » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:01 pm

cluckmeister wrote:

\\

Maybe those southern folks see those same shifty eyes the ducks see when youre hunting and like the ducks, don't trust you worth a plug nickel either

chit clucker, I'm a damned duck whisperer....nananananananananananananananananaaaaaa
jehler

Postby beretta24 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:34 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

Just be glad you are not in New Jersey or Oregon, those people are apparently too stupid to pump their own gas.

I see both types around here, probably more of the fill up first types, but some of both.

This...hate the fools that think that job is worth a tip.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:42 pm

i worked at a gas station while i was an undergrad. it was a self serve station and i sat in a little booth all night smoking cigs and taking swigs. funny how many people have no clue how to pump gas. one night working there, in pulls the former longterm mayor of boston and former ambassador to the vatican, mr. ray flynn. he gets out and sortve stares at the pump. puts the nozzle into his tank and sits there for a couple minutes scratching his head. now he is supposed to pay first, but i recognized him and authorized the pump anyway. still, he does not know that he is supposed to squeeze the handle to get the gas pumping. just sitting there for like 2 or 3 minutes watching it and waiting for the gas to magically flow. finally, i left the booth and walked up to him. said hey, youre ray flynn, right? let me give you a hand with that. he said that he had been at the vatican a couple years and hadnt pumped gas in a while. uhuh.

oh yeah, and no tip. ha
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:30 pm

This is the truth the biggest tippers I had when I worked at a 76 station was the Hells Angles and the KKK .
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 pm

My buddies dad owns a gas business. They always filled out of farm tanks. When my buddy turned 16 he had to go to a gas station for the first time because he couldn't make it home. No idea how to work the pump. None at all.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Don't worry, the rich Chicagoans have bought up all the available lake property around here and are heading your way. Their daughters thug boyfriends are tagging along too, so it won't be long, you'll be paying first too. You sanctuary in the mitten is getting farther and farther toward the finger tips. :hi:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Gotta pay to pump first in Pittsburgh. Didn't know it wasn't any different elsewhere. I guess I never have paid attention when away from home.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:08 pm

jehler wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

Pfffft. You know why.

Power unit
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby dodman » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 pm

I dunno, but probably cause they're bright enough to get the money first.
dodman
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole