Recondioned batteries

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, #1wingnut, lostpup

Recondioned batteries

Postby no3topqb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:37 am

Any body ever use a reconditioned battery? If so, how do they last compared to new ones? A guy at work has some that are interstate deep cycle for $60. I was thinking of getting a couple just to have a couple extras in the boat... any input is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
no3topqb
hunter

Re: Recondioned batteries

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:41 am

I've used them in lawnmowers. they go in clean the crud off the cells and add new fluid. They will be fine for backups. You should be good
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby no3topqb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks. I was mainly thinking of using it for running a mallard machine. Then not to mention just an extra for "just in case"...

no3topqb
hunter

Postby no3topqb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 pm

And I didn't think the price was that bad either...

no3topqb
hunter

Postby Boatman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:25 pm

no3topqb wrote:Any body ever use a reconditioned battery? If so, how do they last compared to new ones? A guy at work has some that are interstate deep cycle for $60. I was thinking of getting a couple just to have a couple extras in the boat... any input is appreciated.

What model deep cycle SRM-24 SRM-27 SRM-29 ?
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby no3topqb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:32 pm

I'm not sure. I looked at them this morning and the labels have been pulled off. I'll look a little closer this afternoon...

no3topqb
hunter

Postby Boatman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 pm

no3topqb wrote:I'm not sure. I looked at them this morning and the labels have been pulled off. I'll look a little closer this afternoon...

Srm-24=10" Srm-27= 12" Srm-29=13" long - all about the same height and width.

To age the battery look at the # stamped on the side of top rim on the battery. first digit a number say 2= 2012 second digit a letter ABCDE ect. A= jan B=feb c=mar ect. If it is more than 2 years old I would not buy used. unless its a SRM 29 they will last 5-7 years others only 2-4 years. And that's from new. If the # has been melted out and a 2nd # was stamped that means it sat on shelf for more than 1 year when new.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole