04-05 Season in AR

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

04-05 Season in AR

Postby tha grizz » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:21 pm

I don't know about you guys but tha Grizz had a long season. We killed our share of ducks but there was a lot of work involved. Windshield time that is. Afternoon scouting cut into my nap time. With hard work and some networknig a guy can still kill ducks in AR! God bless my friends!
This day in age the (Modern) duck hunter is going to have to be mobile and have more gear than ever before. We used all the resources we had sled blinds,boats,layout blinds,four wheelers,dry feed decoys,floaters,mud boats, whatever it took to get close to those Ducks!
tha grizz
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:04 pm

So far the KISS system has worked well for us :yes: but what do a couple of Bluenosers know? KISS stands for keep it simple stupid for those who didn't know. We do use a boat or canoe depending on where and what we are hunting and we use a few decoys. we try to keep it simple so we can access hard to get to places with few other hunters. Pluss we cann't afford all that fancy gear.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:04 pm

Grizz that sounds like my season here in N TX :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby tstrong » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:40 pm

Lots of scouting if nothing else. I have a lot of the gear but when the birds aren't willing it's going to be tough day. But also if you can find your own little Honey Hole, they fly right into you dekes or no dekes. Good luck with the scouting.
tstrong
hunter

Postby tha grizz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:39 am

I had a great time this season but it was tiring. You are right the big decoy spreads are over. If a man finds where the ducks are going and other can't be you will killem
God BLess The USA nice to have the oppertunity to go duck hunting. No matter how tough it gets!
tha grizz
hunter

Postby tstrong » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:08 am

AMEN to that!
tstrong
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:33 pm

grizz, we had the same kind of season in my part of the state. For every morning of hunting I spent an hour or two driving the boat or truck around. With all the rain we had during the season it sure left a LOT of new water to scout.

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole