Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup

Postby royst » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:40 pm

Man is anybody else jonesing? The season just ended 3 weeks ago and I'm really havin withdrawals.

Postby shocktroop » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:00 pm

Naaaa, towards the end of the season I get pretty worn out. I hunt 2-3 times a week all season long. I'm ready to sleep in and relax a litlle cause now it's time for vamint hunting and when the water gets around 52 or so....the spring spawn starts and instead of a shotgun in my hand at the break of'll be a fishing rod........always something.

Postby duckbum13 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:08 pm

im not sure what that means but i think it means you miss it alot like i do.....theres not much you can do. ive been workin with the dog some. have a friend that went out adn instead of bringing his gun brought his video camra. the vid turned out pretty good...but im really missin it but i think it happends to me every year ..bass fishing is starting to get good then salmon fishing after that so i wont have to wait very long until im back in action..... :thumbsup:
might as well start callin me the pit man

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:14 am

shoot, i miss it after the last day of the season. thank God for other seasons for other outdoor adventures... :smile:

Postby gahunter » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:09 am

Nah, but I'm about to wet pants for turkey season to get here. Opening morning is exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow. I'm not sure if my wife or I will make it. She is threatening to kick me out of the house if I don't stop practicing with my calls. The fish are biting good, too. Me and a buddy caught over 60 largemouths and 1 over 7 lbs tuesday in a little over 3 hours. That can make you forget about any problems. :salude:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!

Postby stalns » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:05 pm

I miss it! Unfortunately I have to pick and choose my hobbies a little tighter these days. So duck hunting is a big one for me. I do some salmon and tuna fishing in the ocean during the summer but I miss the trip every Friday night getting to the hunting grounds.

This site has helped the transition this year.

Return to The Honey Hole