Jonesing

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Jonesing

Postby royst » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:40 pm

Man is anybody else jonesing? The season just ended 3 weeks ago and I'm really havin withdrawals.
royst
hunter

Postby shocktroop » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:00 pm

Naaaa, towards the end of the season I get pretty worn out. I hunt 2-3 times a week all season long. I'm ready to sleep in and relax a litlle cause now it's time for vamint hunting and when the water gets around 52 or so....the spring spawn starts and instead of a shotgun in my hand at the break of dawn.....it'll be a fishing rod........always something.
shocktroop
hunter

Postby duckbum13 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:08 pm

im not sure what that means but i think it means you miss it alot like i do.....theres not much you can do. ive been workin with the dog some. have a friend that went out adn instead of bringing his gun brought his video camra. the vid turned out pretty good...but im really missin it but i think it happends to me every year ..bass fishing is starting to get good then salmon fishing after that so i wont have to wait very long until im back in action..... :thumbsup:
might as well start callin me the pit man
duckbum13
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:14 am

shoot, i miss it after the last day of the season. thank God for other seasons for other outdoor adventures... :smile:
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby gahunter » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:09 am

Nah, but I'm about to wet pants for turkey season to get here. Opening morning is exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow. I'm not sure if my wife or I will make it. She is threatening to kick me out of the house if I don't stop practicing with my calls. The fish are biting good, too. Me and a buddy caught over 60 largemouths and 1 over 7 lbs tuesday in a little over 3 hours. That can make you forget about any problems. :salude:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby stalns » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:05 pm

I miss it! Unfortunately I have to pick and choose my hobbies a little tighter these days. So duck hunting is a big one for me. I do some salmon and tuna fishing in the ocean during the summer but I miss the trip every Friday night getting to the hunting grounds.

This site has helped the transition this year.
stalns
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole