Canada hunt next October

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Canada hunt next October

Postby Merganser » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:01 pm

I am going to Regina, Canada in October to hunt geese and ducks. Has anyone hunted that area? How does week of October 22 sound for hunting there?
Merganser
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:47 pm

That should be good hunting at that time most years.
Bring clothes for 50 degree highs to -20f + windchills though as that time of year you never know what mother nature will serve up. If using layout blinds, make sure you have snow covers with as you'll have a better than even chance of snow on the ground in the end on Oct. in SK over the course of a weeks hunting.

Make sure all people going are squared away - meaning no misdeanor convictions(simple assualt, DWI, DUI, etc..) in the US in last 10 years as US misd are considered felonies in CA when crossing the border and good luck if you ever had a domestic violence or US felony, as there is nothing worse than 1 in the group getting turned away from entering CA. Hard questions need to be asked of ALL in the party before the planning gets underway as to who all can go, so 1 person does not screw up the whole trip for everbody else.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Merganser » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:40 am

Thanks for the reply Admin2. You helped me make the decision of whether to buy a new pair of short boots. The ones I have a good but I think I will get a warmer pair.
Merganser
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:07 pm

We went this past year and it was great. Pick your shots, because they will be gone before you know it. If you wanted, you could limit in like 15 minutes if that.
frazier2209
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:52 pm

Contact SK tourism in June, as by then they'll have printed the hunting laws. And ask for an official highway map too. They'll send it for free. And they'll send an accomadations guide too. The key to SK is scouting---meaning lots of extra $ with for gas to scout wide and far to be away from the hordes of hunters (like up at Quill). 1.5 years ago it was .65 USD to 1 CAD for the exchange rate -We lost 20% of our buying power, now it is .85USD to the CAD. Gas was close to $2 a gal 1.5 years ago after the exchangne rate and lower prices, last fall close $2.50-2.75USD a gal last fall... it'll be even higher this fall from the looks of it and the CAD continues to strenghten too.

Maybe a SK or MB member can post up what they are currently paying for fuel. BTW they sell it by the liter up there, 1.056 gal to 4 liters of petreol.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to The Honey Hole