Best Duck Hunting Song Ever!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Best Duck Hunting Song Ever!!!

Postby txdukhtr » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:58 pm

I dont know how familiar those of you from out of Texas are with singer songwriter Texas country music. The likes of Roger Crieger, Corry Morrow, and the increasingly popular Pat Green. All of the above have written great songs, but a small timer from Austin named Adam Carroll writes some of the best lyrical music. He has a song called Erroll's Song that is about a boy being taught how to hunt with his friend. Its pure genius...yall check it out.

Album: Looking out the Screen Door
Title: Erroll's SOng
Artist: AdaM Carroll

Let me know what some of your favorites are
Take em
txdukhtr
hunter

Postby gahunter » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:15 pm

Metallica has a great hunting song. It's called "Of Wolf and Man". The best line in the song is "I hunt therefore I am, harvest the land, taking the fallen lamb." The whole song is about the hunt where man gets back into nature like a wolf, and gets "back to meaning of life". It;s heavy but it's great. I listen to it on my way to the woods to get me in the predator mind set. :thumbsup:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby big_countryks » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:27 pm

Good stuff tx...don't have any hunting songs but you oughta check out Jason Boland and the Stragglers if you like that kind of stuff.
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:53 pm

the duck commander has out a great cd called duck fever.
How would a guy order one of adams cds?
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:23 pm

Ted Nugent is the man when it comes to hunting songs. He's got a whole list of them.
Fred Bear, My Bow and Arrow, Spirit of the Wild, I Just Wanna Go Hunting, and I'm sure there are a few more that I'm missing right now.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby gahunter » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:42 pm

Yeah, the Nuge has some great ones, but that goes without saying. I think that he actually introduced James Hetfield (Metallica's vocalist and guitarist) to hunting. He also got Aerosmith off of the drugs and onto the gun range. :thumbsup:
gahunter
hunter

Postby Oldducknut » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:32 am

There is three fellas from newFoundland ,canada, that have a few albums and they put out a song called "huntin the duck"
they call themselves "Buddywassisname and the other fellas"
A true Classic duck huntin song that will bring a laugh
Oldducknut
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:14 pm

Hey, gahunter: talk show host Mike Savage has a bumper tune that opens his show. Supposedly it's Metallica. It starts w/ a guitar rift, then the lead singer sings "now, listen up!" What song is this?
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby optimator » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Pat Green kicks *** :getdown:
optimator
hunter

Postby kulsh » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:41 pm

come on guys what about rick dees disco duck :toofunny: :toofunny: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: wow a line dance hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kulsh
hunter

Postby gahunter » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:29 pm

Mark McCummins wrote:Hey, gahunter: talk show host Mike Savage has a bumper tune that opens his show. Supposedly it's Metallica. It starts w/ a guitar rift, then the lead singer sings "now, listen up!" What song is this?
I'm sorry I don't know what song that is.
gahunter
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole