Bahama Duck Report.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, La. Hunter, Preacher1011, lostpup, #1wingnut

Bahama Duck Report.

Postby Snaph » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:16 pm

Yep, I am back and have bad news...I saw no ducks in the Bahama's. I never made it to the swamps and all that so I can't say that there are none. I saw a few ducks in Port Canaveral. Cormorans (SP?) all over. I think I saw a few Buffleheads sitting in the ponds on the bus ride back to the airport. And I saw a few more ducks I could not make out. (In FL)

I talked my wife into going bottom fishing in Freeport (Bahamas) I got shunked...she caught a nice snapper. She loved it and wants to go fishing with me now. So I think that is a good thing. We had a good time but it was a lot of work going through security all over the place, airport layovers. Lines, too many dog gone kids onboard.

But the good points/bad points
1. Service was great./ The food was just "OK."
2. The beer was cold./ $3.25 for a can of beer is outrageous.
3. The Hard Rock Cafe in Nassau./ The two guys I saw sharing an Ice cream sundae out of the same bowl. EEEKKKKKK!!!!
4. The sun when we had it./ the freaking rain for the first two days.
5. The island called "Blue Lagoon."/ my sunburn.
6. The onboard entertainment./ Most of it was corny and lame to me.
7. Meeting good people./ Meeting people that sat at your dinner table that are braggarts and obnoxious.
8.The wildlife./ No ducks.
9. I found a Philippine food joint. (I love lumpia)/ I had to fight my way through locals offering me dope to get there.
10. Being back on the ocean. I am ex-navy and it was great to be back out there./ Morons that complain that the ship is "rolling too much" in rough seas.
11. Even though it only made it to about 74 deg, the weather was warm to me./ The people from FL (on the cruise) crying about how cold it was.

Well that is all I can post for now. I will try and figure how to post that pic of the snapper my wife caught.
Snaph
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:17 am

sounds like a decent time overall. glad to hear of your wife's success fishing. did you get to keep the snapper? dat's some good fis'. :laughing:
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:28 am

Glad your back and had a decent time :thumbsup:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Snaph » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:42 am

No the guys running the boat took all the fish that everybody caught (about 20 of us), scailed and gutted the fish right there and tossed them into a cooler. I don't know if they kept them or sold the fish to a local restaurant. While we where talking to the guys running the boat, we found out they only make about 4 bucks an hour. So if they keep them...have at it. I'd say the took back about 70 fish or so. Like I said...I was of no help.
Snaph
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole