When a fly drops 8 inches.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

When a fly drops 8 inches.

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:30 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happens when a fly drops 8 inches?

On a hot summers day a fly was buzzing over a stream. Water cascading over a rock caused a cloud of mist above it and the fly thought if I drop 8 inches I'll be cooled by the mist.
A salmon was laying just below the rock watching the fly and thought if that fly drops 8 inches I'll have him for lunch.
On shore a large bear was watching the salmon and the fly and thought if that fly drops 8 inches the salmon will jump for it and I'll be able to catch him for my lunch.
On the opposite shore a hunter was watching the drama unfolding and thought if that fly drops 8 inches the salmon will jump for it and the bear will go for the salmon and I'll shoot the bear.
Behind the hunter a small mouse was watching all this and noticed that the hunter had a sandwich in his hand. The mouse thought if that fly drops 8 inches the salmon will jump for it the bear will go for the salmon the hunter will jump up to shoot the bear and drop his sandwich and I'll have my lunch.
Behind the mouse hidden in the bush was a cat watching the whole affair and thinking if the fly drops 8 inches the salmon will jump for it and the bear will go for the salmon the hunter will jump up to shoot the bear drop his sandwich the mouse will go for the sand wich and i'll pounce on the mouse and have him for my lunch.
So the fly dropped 8 inches the salmon lept the bear lunged the hunter jumped to shoot dropping his sandwich the mouse ran for it and the cat pounced.
The cat missed the mouse and landed in the stream.
So what happens when a fly drops 8 inches?
A **** cat gets wet.

keep takin those shooting lessons, I think they're helping cause your starting to get some tail feathers.
Last edited by Greg Wile on Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:43 pm

dude, that was hilarious. you might want to edit that last sentence a bit though...
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:19 am

Hows that?
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:06 pm

it still didn't work. it should say a **** gets wet
frazier2209
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:28 pm

Greg Wile wrote:Hows that?

lol...perfect man. not trying to be an ****** or anything.

frazier, yeah, the joke does sound better like the original version, however, my 6 year old that visits the site with me doesn't quite know what it means and i have to figure out how to explain to my wife why she is asking what that means. maybe i am crazy but i thought this was a family oriented site. i'll just have to monitor posts in the future before i let her read with me.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:35 pm

frazier2209 wrote:it still didn't work. it should say a **** gets wet

It does in the moderators forum. I ran it there first to get approval but decided to edit it after just incase someone younger took a look. :eek:

KIeep the sport alive, take a kid huntig/fishing.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole